• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's bair/fair: shorter then in melee?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Doesn't seem to be a general discussion thread so I'm making a new thread.
It seems as such, which obviously isn't good. She shouldn't be nerfed from melee (not saying she is overall).
I've talked to two Zelda mains (and theyre rare) who dislike Zelda in PM for this reason.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
It's just one attribute, every character whether Nerfed or buffed is going to have their pros and cons. I say this as a Zelda main in Project M myself.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
yhea, but the point is melee zelda mains dislike her, and that says quite alot.
with characters like lucas and lucario in this game it certainly wouldnt be broken to give her more range

also you have a brawl friendcode in your sig, which makes your opinion completely irrelevant

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I see why my Brawl FC would be located there in order for me to play Project Melee online considering how It's a mod over brawl, but now i see that SWF has retained the ability to have your FC located under your Avatar so thanks for clearing that up for me. Anyways wouldn't you say that all the new tools Zelda has been given would permit NEW players to experiment and possibly discover some new useful AT that she has in order to make up for a dwindled hitbox?
An example would be her new ability to waveland after using her recovery on ground level, giving her another utility to possibly set up for mindgames.

D

Deleted member

I've never compared the two versions of her lightning kicks on paper so I can't say for sure if there is a range difference, but seriously, these acquaintances of yours are being overly dramatic about something they're not even sure about. PM Zelda is basically 100% superior to Melee Zelda. Clearly they haven't experimented with all of her significant buffs.

Also,
also you have a brawl friendcode in your sig, which makes your opinion completely irrelevant
don't be a jerk.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
First, this
http://www.twitch.tv/ryokoyaksa/b/376724081
When I looked closely I could tell this wasn't just 2.5b zelda by more than just her Melee Kicks. Her Usmash, Dthrow, and Uthrow did 1% more each.

Second, things may feel slightly different because this is on brawl's engine. If you really want to know you should just ask Ryoko/Wavebuster. He designed her (and well I might add) so he'd know.

Edit: hmm, if you can't get the stream to work than my bad. Basically it shows Zhime and Ryoko playing with a slightly altered 2.5b Zelda, one of those differences being completely Meleefied kicks.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I see why my Brawl FC would be located there in order for me to play Project Melee online considering how It's a mod over brawl, but now i see that SWF has retained the ability to have your FC located under your Avatar so thanks for clearing that up for me. Anyways wouldn't you say that all the new tools Zelda has been given would permit NEW players to experiment and possibly discover some new useful AT that she has in order to make up for a dwindled hitbox?
An example would be her new ability to waveland after using her recovery on ground level, giving her another utility to possibly set up for mindgames.
oh it was for PM
my bad

sure shes better, but imo it should be easy and inviting for ppl who already main zelda in melee to play her in PM

D

Deleted member

Why, specifically, do you consider her uninviting to Melee Zelda mains? She can do everything in PM that she could do in Melee (which wasn't much), plus a lot more. She retained all the same physical attributes (light, floaty, slow running speed, short WD, average air speed), so she can't feel any different to play in that regard. The move that received the most change is Din's Fire, but that move was terrible in Melee so I can't imagine that being an issue. The most complex thing about her is probably Farore's Wind cancels and Love Jump. Are those what you're referring to? If not, I really don't understand what you mean.

Popertop

Smash Champion
it's actually longer than melee. they combined all the sweetspots of brawl + melee:
leg hitbox from melee "sourspot"
weak hitbox from brawl "softspot"
strong hitbox from melee "semi-sweet"
strong hitbox from brawl "super-sweet"

the "softspot" hitbox extends pretty far out, I've gotten many of them to hit when her leg wasn't anywhere near them.

honestly, anyone that doesn't like P:M Zelda would not like her because she's too good.
I sometimes get tired of killing my opponents under 80% every stock.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
Haha people who play zero have zero room to complain about the changes.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
As a melee Zelda main, I can vouch that there is a difference in the lightning kicks for sure because the transfer over isn't 100% muscle memory. It might just be the animation itself, because her dress doesn't expose her foot as much, altering what it looks like. Shorter however, I'm unsure of. Still, if they're going to give her anything extra to make her better, they would need to nerf the move that made her oddly viable.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
It's the same as in Melee, but the sweetspotting has changed a bit. It has a semi-sweet about at her heel, which is disappointing, because that made it marginally easier to approach from above. The "true" sweetspot is about at her toe, which means you need to get at their same level or below them. If you are used to BRAWL sweetspots, then you're fine. If you are used to MELEE (like me) sweetspots, then you'll need to adjust.

Last edited:

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
As a personal Shelda main, I feel like anyone who doesn't like this improved version of Zelda, was really attached to the way she was. I went through the same thing being a pika main in brawl. He improved, but I liked him the way he was. S I decided to pick up another character, Shelda (Shiek + Zelda). If you really hate the changes then play another character.

Also I too get tired of killing my opponents at 80% LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Top Bottom