• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's 3.5 Weaknesses

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Hey Zelda boards. I am a Sheik main, and am considering taking advantage of her transformation. In addition, I am having trouble beating Zelda with my Diddy and Mario.

Can someone help me in beating 3.5 Zelda (with any character, but preferably these)? Also, her new 3.5 weaknesses would be great!

Thanks!

4tlas

Smash Lord
Too soon to truly say. Her old weaknesses were being outcamped and her huge blindspot at midrange.

I would say she gets outcamped even harder because her approach is weaker now, and she can't camp either. However, the blindspot has moved from midrange to long range, which makes her difficult to play against.

There are many threads on the Zelda boards about uses for Sheilda and transform. I suggest looking at the community Zelda guide thread. There's a recent part in there that's all about Sheilda tactics, though you'd have to manually browse through the pages to find it.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Too soon to truly say. Her old weaknesses were being outcamped and her huge blindspot at midrange.

I would say she gets outcamped even harder because her approach is weaker now, and she can't camp either. However, the blindspot has moved from midrange to long range, which makes her difficult to play against.

There are many threads on the Zelda boards about uses for Sheilda and transform. I suggest looking at the community Zelda guide thread. There's a recent part in there that's all about Sheilda tactics, though you'd have to manually browse through the pages to find it.
Thank you. So you'd say someone with long range is best against her? Like, who? My friends say Marth, but I don't think that is long range.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Thank you. So you'd say someone with long range is best against her? Like, who? My friends say Marth, but I don't think that is long range.
It's not exactly long range, but most of his attacks outspace hers, which is doubly important since you could whiff something like an FSmash and then he gets a free FSmash tipper. Because of his disjoints, he can be offensive but also keep Zelda at bay

4tlas

Smash Lord
I think Link might be one of her worst MUs, but fast characters are also super painful (Fox, CFal), and any projectile spam is hell (Falco, old Mario).

Marth CAN do well, but so can Zelda. The biggest problem used to be he could even approach through Dins because he can clank them so easily while still covering your punish with a fast move. Now I don't think Dins even matters, so really its just like any other MU without projectiles. If he plays patient, he should win, if you play patient, you should win. If you both don't play, its going to be a boring 8min match.

I would go Link. If I had any sort of tech skill (which I dont), I would consider Fox or CFal. If I wanted to play the same game regardless of my opponent (which I dont), go Falco.

Only a NOOB

Smash Cadet
Just keep in mind that there were some pretty drastic changes to the way that Zelda plays (most notably her side-B, Din's Fire), so a lot of the tactics and strategies you will see listed on the forums will no longer be relevant. It will take some time to develop new meta for Zelda now that 3.5 is out.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Just keep in mind that there were some pretty drastic changes to the way that Zelda plays (most notably her side-B, Din's Fire), so a lot of the tactics and strategies you will see listed on the forums will no longer be relevant. It will take some time to develop new meta for Zelda now that 3.5 is out.
On the other hand, much of the Din's meta was vague and freeform. How the opponent chose to react was the most important thing, so it isn't like the old threads that say "dair -> shine" don't work. Much of the mindgames should be similar, but with only 1 Din. (Except I think it isn't, since I hate the new Dins, but w/e)

Only a NOOB

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because 1 Din can't halt the opponent's advance like 3 could. And it's a mobile trap instead of a stationary one. It seems like the approach against Zelda really will be quite a bit different now, for the most part, especially with all the other changes to her attacks and mobility. We'll have to wait and see how players adapt before we can know for sure though.

Top Bottom