• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs DK anyone?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'd been under the impression that due to the sheer size of DK, his small shield (compared to his hurt box), and his general lag that this match-up would be in Zelda's favor.

Then I played a good DK and got combo'd hard. Matches were close after the first 4-5, and I learned a lot fast, but I still feel as though Zelda can win, even though I wasn't winning the majority.

Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------

Kick -> Kick -> emptysh -> waveland jab -> jab -> dash attack -> nair -> Kick

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
I played Mexican in a bunch of matches at Genesis 2. To me the match up is pretty close, but in Zelda's favor still. It's a bair fest, but he'll try to cover his bair with an up-B. It's good protection from getting kicked after bairing. You just gotta bait it and use his big size to your advantage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
matchup is evenish. it's close enough to where i don't care if it's 45-55 in anyone's favor.

I lost a Zelda player at Pound 5 in pools, but of course I didn't even make it to round 2 there. I made it to round 2 at Genesis 2. I got better =P

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
It's not. It's pretty boring actually. DK has a good enough offense against Zelda that it's a lot of shielding and bairing. Unless you find that kind of thing Hillarious. :p

TheLake

Smash Master
Dks bair

beats zeldas everything

but you can trade with fair...

BUT

Dk is very large

so you can upsmash him

and laugh at him somtimes

edgeguard accordingly

and forever hold your peace.

its very close matchup though

slight edge to Dk cause he has huge hands

but not enough for ****

just camp bairs and fairs (IM TALKING TO YOU TOO DK)

and taunt when you get a kill

you will be fine

just remember to TAUNT AFTER THE KILL

D

Deleted member

zelda wins this match. but you want to focus more on fsmash and well timed dash attacks more than on the kick.

Top Bottom