• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening Terry Bogard mains?

Time to leave my thoughts on the announcements:

Overwatch - No. Bad game.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Looks great and I'm looking forward to it more, hope it'll be enjoyable.
Super Kirby Clash - Seems like this is the 3DS game but enhanced and updated for Switch. The one I played on 3DS was alright. Nothing to really write home about.
Trials of Mana - I'm happy that Seiken Densetsu 3 is getting remade, it'll be interesting to see if it'll hold up.
Return of the Obra Dinn - Ehhhh. Might not be my cup of tea to be honest, but I do like the simplistic art style.
Little Town Hero - Nifty. Nice to see Toby Fox getting more work now.
Smash Bros Ultimate - Banjo out now is great, gave him a short taste test and is nice. But can we just forget about him for FIVE MINUTES (And Sans Undertale) to talk about our boy, TERRY BOGARD!?
Link's Awakening - Ayy. More of this wholesome little game, it looks very nice as always.
Dragon Quest XI S - Glad to see this game is coming along nicely. My sister has been enjoying the demo of it a lot, her only complaint is the music. She hates how Heroic it sounds.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - I WAS JOKING NINTENDO, OKAY!? Real talk, I joked about this in one of the Discords I'm in. And then they god damn show it off! SERIOUSLY!? Not that I'm complaining, it's a good game; hopefully it'll gain some more attention since it sold horrendously on the Wii U. But we get best girl joining the party now.
Deadly Premonitions 2 - Did you hear that, Zach? We're getting a sequel.
Dead Premonitions Origins - Zach, we're also coming to Nintendo Switch.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Eh. Don't have any real interest in it, only thing I recall is that people said it was the best game of 2017. That was it.
DOOM 64 - The only series that Bethesda hasn't botched yet, and I hope to god they keep it that way. I never did play DOOM however, so maybe I'll get this?
Rogue Company - Meh, doesn't seem that interesting to me. Will probably skip this one.
Sword & Shield - TIME FOR THE POKEMON FANS TO ***** AND MOAN AGAIN! :yeahboi: In all seriousness, the new stuff they showed off is great. I like the Pokemon Camp feature and it looks cute, making your own curry. I would've thought it'd be Fish N' Chips, not Curry on Rice. But hey ho. Polteageist is cute and Cramorant is hilarious. I'm glad my expectations for this weren't tarnished.
SNES Online - Finally.
Tetris 99 - Have fun you Tetris fanatics. :yeahboi:
Mario & Sonic - The idea of Mario, Sonic, Bowser & Eggman (And Toad) trapped in a video game is funny to me. It's an inception. Also, this seems like it'll be the best Mario & Sonic game out there.
Daemon X Machina - I'm glad that this is getting the polish it needs. It's coming along nicely.
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Eh. Never was a big fan of Star Wars, so I'll skip this.

Quick-Fire Round Time!:
Witcher 3 - Still can't believe this is coming to Switch, I didn't even play it originally.
Assassin's Creed: Rebel Collection - Eh. I know how Ubisoft's track record of AC has been, so I'll skip this.
Dauntless - Only thing I remember of this game is that Cr1tikal played this once and that was it.
Just Dance 2020 - Why get this on Switch? When you can get it on Wii? :V
GRID Autosport - I prefer my Mario Karts compared to this, but it does look nice graphically.
Farming Sim 20 - WHERE ARE WE FARMING BOYS?
Ni no Kuni - I remember InTheLittleWood playing this years ago, and that was it. Oh well.
NBA 2k20 - Reminder that this is Rated 3... But has gambling. Let that sink in.
Call of Cthulhu - I only recall one video game on Cthulhu, and it was a FPS horror titled which felt like it going to give me motion sickness on some parts of the game.
The Outer Worlds - I have no comment on this. It's probably their version of Borderlands.
Devil May Cry 2 - WHY THIS ONE!? YOU COULD'VE SKIPPED OVER IT AND GO TO THREE!
Vampyr - Get ready for spooks and actual vampires.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - I like how this is coming along and I'm sure a lot more people will be getting a kick out of this.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Overall, I'd say it was 4 :4zelda:s out of 5. A solid direct imo, good reveals. Only downside was Overwatch, but that was it. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
With regards to the 5.0.0 patch, it seems like a small one which might make sense with how close it was from 4.0.0 and Banjo & Kazooie being released yesterday night was surprising as well. I figured they would be released later around October or later. Terry on the other hand, well, the accidental leak from Nintendo Spain and UK said 2020 and I think February.

People are guessing that Terry is going to be like Ryu and Ken where they can cancel some of their normals into specials, have the special move inputs, and perhaps light and heavy attacks which I don't think the early Fatal Fury or other SNK fighting games used where depending on how hard to press a button, you'd get a different attack unlike with the first Street Fighter game. The special move inputs also leads to another question since unlike Ryu and Ken who only have motion inputs, Terry has a charge input for Rising Tackle which would likely be his Up Special, vertical recovery move, an anti-air move where his lower body is invincible. Keeping it would be fine, but I could totally see people accidentally SDing going for an input Rising Tackle off-stage or accidentally fast falling and causing them to be too low to catch someone in the air with Rising Tackle.

So, Deadly Premonition 2 is in the works. The first game was weirdly interesting and I suppose the sequel will be too. And it already is since Francis York Morgan, the protagonist of Deadly Premonition 1 is back through time travel stuff in the second game. The trailer said we might be going between the past with York and the present with the second game's protagonist, Aaliyah.

For FEH, the new characters are interesting, but because one of the Heroes' Path things do to is summon a unit, I ended up summoning more from the CYL3 banner in hopes of getting CYL Eliwood or at least another 5*. Surprise! Didn't summon an Eliwood. Heroes' Path was interesting. We knew about the heroes being rewarded: Reinhardt, Ninian, mage Eirika, and CYL Ike, but it also had 4* Xander, 3* Barst, and 5* Xander as rewards. The only meh thing about Heroes' Path is that you have to use Dragonflowers, feathers, Heroic Grails, and orbs which they do compensate you or not if didn't use the cavalry Dragonflowers, but it was kind of annoying. Selkie is now enjoying 1 more HP than she used to have and I have an extra Aversa who became a combat manual.
4* Azama #1: +Atk, -Res.

4* Bartre: +Def, -Spd.

4* Barst: +HP, -Def.

4* Cordelia #1: +Spd, -HP.

4* Nino #1: +Spd, -HP.

4* Chrom: +Atk, -Res.

4* Florina #1: +Spd, -Def.

4* Lachesis: +HP, -Res.

4* Merric: +HP, -Res.

4* Soleil: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Florina #2: +Atk, -Def.

3* Nino #2: +Atk, -Res.

4* Ogma: +Def, -Spd.

3* Peri: +Atk, -Spd.

4* adult Tiki: +Res, -HP.

4* Abel: +Def, -Spd.

4* Boey: +Atk, -Res.

3* Reinhardt: +Def, -Spd.

3* Roderick: +Def, -Atk.

3* Wrys: +Atk, -HP.

5* CYL Alm: +Spd, -Res. I guess he's the same Alm I summoned way back on the CYL1 banner if I recall correctly. I've yet to summon legendary Alm, but both regular and CYL Alm showed up as +Spd, -Res.

3* Catria: +Res, -Spd.

4* Clarine: +Def, -Spd.

4* Effie: +HP, -Res.

4* Niles: +Res, -HP.

3* Azama #2: Res, -Def.

4* Cherche: +Spd, -HP.

4* Cordelia #2: +Atk, -Res.

3* Fae: +HP, -Def.

4* Hawkeye: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Well, it's confirmed, Terry Bogard is the next DLC character.
I saw the name and was like WHO???

So basically Ken with a ponytail, a hat, and casual clothes. Probably no projectiles? idk

More bara is nice and all, but no magic gorls??? XCUS ME SAKURAI???

Gimme dat Sass Kween DLC or I'll call the cops asap.

So, FEH... The new CYL1 weapon refinements are interesting. Imgur album link if anyone wants it: https://imgur.com/a/HDLBV8t/. From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cztakp/new_refines/.

Unique refined Urvan has 40% damage reduction on the first hit meaning CYL Ike can get 40% damage reduction on the first hit and 80% damage reduction from consecutive hits and that's where it's weird following effect comes into play: "If foe initiates combat, foe can make a follow-up attack before unit can counterattack." It's like a Foe Desperation skill that forces his foe to Desperation him allowing CYL Ike to reap the benefits of 40% reduced damage on the first hit and then 80% on the next hits. The best part is the damage reduction of the first hit doesn't only work on one type of damage like with refined Brynhildr, Divine Tyrfing, or refined Parthia and it doesn't matter if it's player phase or enemy phase like with unique refined Kagero's Dart. CYL Ike with unique refined Urvan will always take 40% less damage on the first hit no matter what phase and on enemy phase, he will always take 40% and then 80% less damage if his opponent can double him. Another interesting thing is that Urvan is the only CYL1 weapon to keep all its original base effects which is the Killer effect and Deflect All when refined.

Refining Geirskogul adds effective damage against dragons for CYL Lucina and choosing the unique refinement adds the Def/Res+3 part for its original effect meaning it's a Drive Spectrum for physical damage units, but like Urvan, it also gained another effect and that is "if foe initiates combat against those allies, grants Special cooldown charge+1 per attack to those allies (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" which is basically Physical Breath, but with 2 range instead of 1 range and only working with infantry allies like Infantry Breath. As a whole, CYL Lucina would give Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and a Breath effect to physical damage allies and for her, she gets Def+3, effective damage against dragons, and also HP+3. So, CYL Lucina became an amazing support unit for a physical damage team.

Refined Mulagir upgrades her Dull Mage to Dull Ranged and the unique refinement is like Ylgr's Sylgr's speed check effect, but instead of Atk/Spd+4, CYL Lyn gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 if her speed is higher than her foe's. So, Atk/Spd-1 for Def/Res+3. Probably the most underwhelming of the bunch, but it makes sense since as a unit and with Sacae's Blessing negating Distant Counter on axe, lance, and sword units, CYL Lyn is really good and you could have gone the Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow route with her if you didn't want to use Mulagir. Still good, but not whoa like CYL Ike and CYL Lucina so far.

Refined Blazing Durandal is the more unique of the bunch in what happens to one of its base effect. Instead of keeping Heavy Blade 3 or even getting a stronger version of it, refining Blazing Durandal turns its Heavy Blade 3 effect to a hybrid of Bold Fighter and Special Fighter on a cavalry unit. That is to say, it works by having CYL Roy or Eliwood initiate combat like Bold Fighter, but not only does it grant him Special cooldown charge+1 to them, it also inflicts Special cooldown charge-1 on per attack of their foe. So, the downside is that it won't work on enemy phase should you ever need to enemy phase with CYL Roy or Eliwood. The unique refinement is probably what Steady Impact will be: "If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+7 and Def+10 during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack." Both don't have great defense with CYL Roy's being average-ish and Eliwood's being low, but this also means they're the first and only cavalry units with access to an Impact skill through a unique refinement like how Caeda and Clair are the only fliers with access to Flashing Blade. Because CYL Roy comes with Steady Blow 2, the unique refinement means that when he initiates, he will have Spd+11 and Def+14 during combat putting neutral CYL Roy at 51 Atk, 45 Spd, and 40 Def during combat. For Eliwood, compared to unique refined Durandal which has Death Blow 3 and Swift Sparrow 2, unique refined Blazing Durandal would have Atk-7, Spd+4, Def+10, Special cooldown charge+1 for Eliwood and Special cooldown charge-1 for his foe, and follow-up prevention. Lower attack on initiation, but Eliwood would be faster and with =Def, Eliwood would have 33 Def and 32 Res when initiating combat.

And more powercreep. RIP previous dancers and gen 1, gen 2, and maybe gen 3 units at this point in stats.
From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/cztlyb/a_splendid_soiree_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Dancer Berkut's 41 HP, 36 Atk, 23 Spd, 37 Def, and 24 Res gives him 161 BST and he has defense and resistance superassets and now superflaws. Yes, he has 161 BST and he's a dancer. Compared to his regular self, -2 HP, +2 Atk, +1 Spd, and +6 Def and compared to his fallen self, +1 HP, +1 Atk, +6 Spd, +2 Def, and -6 Res. Considering his high defense, low speed, and being a dancer, +Res might be the way to go so he can have 37/28 mixed defenses. His personal lance is good with it granting Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to a refreshed unit, but a resistance refined Barrier/his Lance+ or Wagasa+ might be worth it if you want a tanky dancer or support unit.

Dancer Rinea's 38 HP, 30 Atk, 33 Spd, 23 Def, and 28 Res gives her 152 BST. Stat-wise, she's like infantry Ursula or gen 3 PA Shigure. Compared to PA Shigure, +4 HP, -1 Atk, +4 Spd, +2 Def, and +4 Res. Her weapon has Distant Guard and she comes with Bracing Blow 2 as a 5* and Firestorm Dance 2 as a 4*: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWgBR0OU5E&feature=youtu.be.

Dancer Reinhardt's 38 HP, 34 Atk, 21 Spd, 27 Def, and 25 Res gives him 145 BST and he has a resistance superasset and HP superflaw. If his stats look familiar, then you're right, he's essentially his +Atk, -Spd self. Compared to his regular self, +2 Atk, -2 Spd. Seriously. The low BST isn't really a problem since it's the same as his regular self, mage cavalry, and it's still higher than the older ranged refresh units who had 139-140 BST.

Dancer Ishtar's 36 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 16 Def, and 22 Res gives her 144 BST and she has HP and resistance superassets and a defense superflaw. Offensively, she has the same attack and speed as her regular self and Elincia, but she targets resistance at the cost of having lower BST and also not having a personal weapon that can be refined in the case of Elincia. Compared to her regular self, -2 HP, -1 Def, and -4 Res.

Dancer Nephenee's 37 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 24 Def, and 25 Res gives her 157 BST and she has a defense superasset and HP and resistance superflaws. Yep. Neph has gen 1 melee flier and infantry BST, gen 2 melee cavalry BST, and gen 3 ranged infantry BST and that also means she has the same BST as her regular self; Neph is Neph. Compared to her regular self, +4 Atk, +1 Spd, -10 Def, and +5 Res. She powercreeps bride Cordelia as compared to the old bride, +1 HP, +1 Spd, +5 Def, and +3 Res and Neph has Dance which she can use if she wants or not. That is to say, if you want an infantry archer dancer, then you can use her, but if you want a regular infantry archer, then you can unequip Dance and inherit and equip another assist skill and also use her.
tbh BST doesn't really have much impact on scoring or on overall viability. So while they're powercreepers, they're pretty garbage ones because they're still refreshers and they're seasonal units. And as always, seasonal units won't be plentiful enough to form an actual meta. I think all seasonal units should have boosted BST just to compensate for the fact they're seasonal. We can eventually +10 a 5* unit that's in the normal summoning pool. We're not +10 merging a seasonal unless we specifically whale for it and spend more resources overall. No thnx IS, bye greedee heauxes.

The most important parts of this update:
1) DEF/RES Bond seal yaaaaa
2) Atk Feint seal lmao
3) Dancer Rinae because she stylin'
4) B!Ike's refine and we get a free B!Ike jajajaja
5) B!Lucina's refine, rip M!Corrin basically

my current avatar sums up my thoughts about the direct
Normal people: cool a speedy fighter dude from an actual fighting game

Bara curators:
Lenny Pink.png

A N G R E Y
E D I T ! ! !
B E L O W !
Overall, I'd say it was 4 :4zelda:s out of 5. A solid direct imo, good reveals. Only downside was Overwatch, but that was it. :secretkpop:

OK SIS FIRST OF ALL YOU'S RIGHT
BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'S ALLOWED TO SAY IT

The last thing Overwatch needs is to be forced onto a console despite clearly not being a console-friendly game. Especially on a console with notoriously lackluster Internet connectivity and out-of-date communication options. Like, damn, Blizz, stahp.

But.

BUT!

That might mean we get a time traveling, army jet piloting, track running, British, lesbian gorl in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Clearly that's the only reason they're going on the Switch to begin with.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I saw the name and was like WHO???

So basically Ken with a ponytail, a hat, and casual clothes. Probably no projectiles? idk

Gimme dat Sass Kween DLC or I'll call the cops asap.
So basically Ken with a ponytail, a hat, and casual clothes.
So basically Ken with a ponytail, a hat, and casual clothes.
How dare!?
But yeah, he's like trucker bara guy.

Terry's main specials in the games he appears are usually Power Wave, Burn Knuckle, Rising Tackle, and Crack Shoot. He has other specials that occasionally appear: Power Dunk, Round Wave, Fire Kick, Power Charge, Power Drive, Quick Burn, and Power Shoot. You can guess which one is likely to be a projectile. Both Power Wave and Burn Knuckle were shown off in the gameplay teaser for Terry at the end of Banjo & Kazooie's showcase.

Power Wave (QCF + punch) is a ground-traveling projectile that he creates by punching the ground and Round Wave is a variation of it as an AoE attack. Similar moves in Smash for Power Wave would be Mario's Fireball, Pikachu and Pichu's Thunder Jolt, and ROB's Gyro. The aerial version of Power Wave in Smash would probably work like theirs where it's affected by gravity. As far as I know, Terry never had an aerial version of Power Wave or appeared in a different game and was able to use Power Wave in the air. Being able to use projectiles in the air is a special thing in fighting games, but it's commonplace in Smash. Anyway, Power Wave would probably be his Neutral Special in Smash. Round Wave on the other hand doesn't appear often and I don't even know what it looks like, but I could see it being his Down Smash, possibly Down Special if they choose not to use his other specials for that, or maybe even modified to be his Dair as a stop and drop attack like the Dairs of Ridley, Sonic, and ZSS.

Next up is Burn Knuckle (QCB + punch) which is basically a punch version of Falcon Kick or any other dash forward special. Not much to say about this. Power Drive (dragon punch motion + kick) is apparently a variation of it that's stronger, but slower. Either Side Special or Down Special. The reason for Down Special is because Terry's specials would kind of make him like Captain Falcon including his famous Engrish except with a projectile. So something like Power Wave for neutral, Rising Tackle for up, Crack Shoot for side, and Burn Knuckle for down. He isn't Captain Falcon and his moves aren't the exact same, but he could be like Captain Falcon where he has two dash forward specials.

Crack Shoot (QCB + kick) is like an airborne do mawashi kaiten geri or rolling thunder kick where you do a front flip with one leg extended as a kick. Kyokushin karate is known for it, but it might be used in other style of karate and maybe taekwondo. You'd usually land on your back, but Terry does it higher up so he can land on his feet. I think Laura's Volty Line from Street Fighter would be a close example to a mawashi kaiten geri: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ltyLine.gif/revision/latest?cb=20180616210352. I think Jin or one of the Mishimas in Tekken have the move, but Tekken and Soulcalibur are weird where moves like this end up having the character just lay on their back then they land. Hitomi from Dead or Alive might have this move.

Anyway, I could see this move being a spike when used or when hitting an airborne opponent. In that case, if they wanted to parallel or use Captain Falcon's special temple, this could be Terry's Side Special instead of Burn Knuckle. The only issues with this is that Crack Shoot doesn't travel far while Burn Knuckle does and the inputs. Could still work, but people would have to learn that to recover horizontally with Down Special when using Terry. Regarding the inputs, we don't have dedicated punch or kick buttons meaning if Terry has both Burn Knuckle and Crack Shoot as his specials, then one of them would have to change in inputs. Otherwise, making it his Fair, Bair, dash attack, or Side Smash could work.

Rising Tackle (charge down + up + punch) is where people guessed was the inspiration for Samus's, Sheik's, Greninja's, and then Joker's Uair; the upside down spin drill kick they do. As noted in the previous post, Rising Tackle would likely be his Up Special and if they keep the inputs, it would be the first charge motion move in Smash.

Terry's other specials could appear like with Ken who has his Oosoto Mawashi Geri (HCF + kick) and Nata Otoshi Geri (QCD + kick) specials in Ultimate with their inputs if possible or as his other attacks like how Ryu's Joudan Sokutogeri (HCF + kick in Street Fighter or reverse dragon punch + kick in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate) is his Side Smash in Smash. I mentioned Power Dunk (dragon punch + kick) because it would be a rad move to have as situational, but stylish spike. It could be one of his normals like Fair or they could keep its motion.

Power Charge (HCF + kick or back, forward, forward + A in Real Bout Fatal Fury, and back, diagonally foward + punch) is another notable one since if it's not a unique special move, then it might be his dash attack or Side Smash. It's a tackle move like the dash attacks of Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Samus. In KoF '99, Power Dunk was done out of Power Charge.

Also, the KoF and probably the other SNK fighting games have rolls. His is pretty simple.

For his super moves or Desperation Moves as SNK calls them, they're Power Geyser and Buster Wolf. Power Geyser is like a variation of Power Wave for his Desperation Move where instead of creating a projectile, he creates a diagonal pillar of energy. It has variations where he can do two (Twin Geyser) or three (Triple Geyser) of them or it's the finishing part of a combo super. Buster Wolf is his famous move where he says "Are you okay?" before punching his opponent with an explosion of energy and saying "Buster Wolf!" when it connects. Some games he has Power Stream, KoF 2002: Unlimited Match he has Rising Force which apparently is Rock Howard's where Terry has it to show where Rock learned it, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos has Rising Beat, and KoF XIV has his Climax Move: Slam Dunk Volcano. Power Stream has Terry jump and slam his fists onto the ground to create a dome of energy around him while the others are combo supers, so something like Ike's Great Aether.

People are guessing that Terry would be like Ryu and Ken who have proximity based Final Smashes where for Terry, if he's not near anyone, he'll do Power Geyser or maybe Twin or Triple Geyser, and if he's near someone, he'll do Buster Wolf. Power Stream could work as well instead of Power Geyser if they want it to hit around him instead of in front of him.

Fighters Generation is where these gifs came from and he has 12 pages of them, so you could get an idea of what his moves he will have in Smash if you wanted to look through them: https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/terry-a.html.

Here's two videos of his hitboxes in KoF XIII: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18NflaCoEo, and KoF XIV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_VltO3RTk. KoF XII and XIII's sprites were beautiful, but some characters were a bit weird and not everyone looked like they came from the same game. Terry was unbelievably ripped while his teammate Joe Higashi was really lean. KoF XIV was when they started using different voice actors and probably for money reasons since they might not have been able to afford paying the previous voice actors.

The one gameplay thing Terry might have is meter. Street Fighter among other fighting games have meter, but KoF allows you to enter Max Mode by spending a bar of meter where you are able to use the EX versions of specials for as long you still have Max Mode meter. So, think of Cloud's Limit, but if he could use his Limit Break specials multiple times until his Limit Gauge is spent or over. I don't know enough about the games, but I don't think Max Mode changes your character's movement, so compared to Cloud's Limit, it would be like trading the movement buffs or changes for being able to use more than one Limit Break special. The problem with Max Mode is how would it be activated. Having it take up a special slot for Terry might not work like it does for Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer and having it activate when he's done enough or taken enough damage might not be ideal in the sense of being able to control when you enter Max Mode. The latter would be fine, though, and it would make Max Mode like a mixture of Cloud's Limit and Joker having Arsene in Smash.

I guess I'll respond to your response to my comments on FEH later. I was going to make a quick reply on Terry, but here we are now. From the new "A Splendid Soiree" banner, I did two full summons and they were unexpectedly really good. I think the +Def, -Spd, 3* Reinhardt I summoned from the CYL3 banner earlier was an omen.
3* Camilla: +Def, -HP.

3* Eliwood: +Atk, -Def. Thanks for rubbing it in, game. I wanted CYL Eliwood, but nope.

4* L'Arachel: +Res, -Spd.

5* soiree Nephenee: +HP, -Def. I wasn't looking at my phone when I summoned the colorless orb, so imagine my pleasant surprise when I saw Nephenee on screen. Eh on her having -Def, but her defense is still higher than bride Cordelia's who has 19 neutral defense to -Def soiree Nephenee's 21.

4* Ogma: +Res, -Def. Barrier Blade is in the 3* to 4* summoning pool whenever Silvia rarely shows up, but I don't plan on making a high resistance Ogma.
4* Cecilia: +Def, -Spd.

4* Lukas: +Spd, -HP. It would be funny, but no, I'm not making a speed meme Lukas.

5* soiree Reinhardt: +Def, -Spd. The exact same asset and flaw of the 3* Reinhardt from earlier. I figured there was going to be a catch when a second 5* summon showed up. Soiree Reinhardt is now like a +Atk, +Def, and --Spd and green flier version of regular Reinhardt. He doesn't really need it, but I could totally see Mirror or Sturdy Impact being useful on him with Axebreaker, B or G Tomebreaker, or maybe Lancebreaker if those units somehow manage to survive against his first two hits and he needs to take a hit from them.

4* Subaki: +Res, -Spd.

5* Ylgr: +Atk, -Res. Somehow, a third 5* unit showed up.

Edit: Holy crap, River City Girls' soundtrack is amazing.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've yet to get River City Girls, since I'm wanting to keep my funds for BBTAG's upcoming 2.0 update, which I found out ArcSys will be revealing the remaining 5 characters on the 22nd of this month. :yeahboi:

So does that mean they'll be dropping the patch notes for the game this month or next? Since I do wanna see what they did to my boy, Gordeau.

I also assume that next month, they'll show off Story Mode, which I guess will show off Arcana Heart, Senran Kagura and Akatsuki Blitzkampf's Stories in BBTAG. I just hope to god that Saki joins the roster, since I do want her to be with her gay lover Heart.

Might as well talk about Dawn of the Breakers next. So they're going to be doing another Hololive Banner, this time it'll add in two new Hololive members and it seems like two repeat Hololive members too.

Fubuki and Mio being the repeats and the new ones I think are Subaru's human form and Ayame. I actually had to look up their names just to get some confirmation. :secretkpop: Seems like the only one out of the four I'll need to get is Fubuki repeat wise. I do hope to get Subaru and Ayame, but I doubt it'll happen with my luck. I think my luck ran out during the previous Hololive Banner which had Mio and Matsuri where the game gave me duplicates of them, which I was very happy with. And Matsuri (Hololive Reveler) was my first SR to reach Level 70 with Max Limit Break.

How dare!?

But yeah, he's like trucker bara guy.

Terry's main specials in the games he appears are usually Power Wave, Burn Knuckle, Rising Tackle, and Crack Shoot. He has other specials that occasionally appear: Power Dunk, Round Wave, Fire Kick, Power Charge, Power Drive, Quick Burn, and Power Shoot. You can guess which one is likely to be a projectile. Both Power Wave and Burn Knuckle were shown off in the gameplay teaser for Terry at the end of Banjo & Kazooie's showcase.

Power Wave (QCF + punch) is a ground-traveling projectile that he creates by punching the ground and Round Wave is a variation of it as an AoE attack. Similar moves in Smash for Power Wave would be Mario's Fireball, Pikachu and Pichu's Thunder Jolt, and ROB's Gyro. The aerial version of Power Wave in Smash would probably work like theirs where it's affected by gravity. As far as I know, Terry never had an aerial version of Power Wave or appeared in a different game and was able to use Power Wave in the air. Being able to use projectiles in the air is a special thing in fighting games, but it's commonplace in Smash. Anyway, Power Wave would probably be his Neutral Special in Smash. Round Wave on the other hand doesn't appear often and I don't even know what it looks like, but I could see it being his Down Smash, possibly Down Special if they choose not to use his other specials for that, or maybe even modified to be his Dair as a stop and drop attack like the Dairs of Ridley, Sonic, and ZSS.

Next up is Burn Knuckle (QCB + punch) which is basically a punch version of Falcon Kick or any other dash forward special. Not much to say about this. Power Drive (dragon punch motion + kick) is apparently a variation of it that's stronger, but slower. Either Side Special or Down Special. The reason for Down Special is because Terry's specials would kind of make him like Captain Falcon including his famous Engrish except with a projectile. So something like Power Wave for neutral, Rising Tackle for up, Crack Shoot for side, and Burn Knuckle for down. He isn't Captain Falcon and his moves aren't the exact same, but he could be like Captain Falcon where he has two dash forward specials.

Crack Shoot (QCB + kick) is like an airborne do mawashi kaiten geri or rolling thunder kick where you do a front flip with one leg extended as a kick. Kyokushin karate is known for it, but it might be used in other style of karate and maybe taekwondo. You'd usually land on your back, but Terry does it higher up so he can land on his feet. I think Laura's Volty Line from Street Fighter would be a close example to a mawashi kaiten geri: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ltyLine.gif/revision/latest?cb=20180616210352. I think Jin or one of the Mishimas in Tekken have the move, but Tekken and Soulcalibur are weird where moves like this end up having the character just lay on their back then they land. Hitomi from Dead or Alive might have this move.

Anyway, I could see this move being a spike when used or when hitting an airborne opponent. In that case, if they wanted to parallel or use Captain Falcon's special temple, this could be Terry's Side Special instead of Burn Knuckle. The only issues with this is that Crack Shoot doesn't travel far while Burn Knuckle does and the inputs. Could still work, but people would have to learn that to recover horizontally with Down Special when using Terry. Regarding the inputs, we don't have dedicated punch or kick buttons meaning if Terry has both Burn Knuckle and Crack Shoot as his specials, then one of them would have to change in inputs. Otherwise, making it his Fair, Bair, dash attack, or Side Smash could work.

Rising Tackle (charge down + up + punch) is where people guessed was the inspiration for Samus's, Sheik's, Greninja's, and then Joker's Uair; the upside down spin drill kick they do. As noted in the previous post, Rising Tackle would likely be his Up Special and if they keep the inputs, it would be the first charge motion move in Smash.

Terry's other specials could appear like with Ken who has his Oosoto Mawashi Geri (HCF + kick) and Nata Otoshi Geri (QCD + kick) specials in Ultimate with their inputs if possible or as his other attacks like how Ryu's Joudan Sokutogeri (HCF + kick in Street Fighter or reverse dragon punch + kick in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate) is his Side Smash in Smash. I mentioned Power Dunk (dragon punch + kick) because it would be a rad move to have as situational, but stylish spike. It could be one of his normals like Fair or they could keep its motion.

Power Charge (HCF + kick or back, forward, forward + A in Real Bout Fatal Fury, and back, diagonally foward + punch) is another notable one since if it's not a unique special move, then it might be his dash attack or Side Smash. It's a tackle move like the dash attacks of Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Samus. In KoF '99, Power Dunk was done out of Power Charge.

Also, the KoF and probably the other SNK fighting games have rolls. His is pretty simple.

For his super moves or Desperation Moves as SNK calls them, they're Power Geyser and Buster Wolf. Power Geyser is like a variation of Power Wave for his Desperation Move where instead of creating a projectile, he creates a diagonal pillar of energy. It has variations where he can do two (Twin Geyser) or three (Triple Geyser) of them or it's the finishing part of a combo super. Buster Wolf is his famous move where he says "Are you okay?" before punching his opponent with an explosion of energy and saying "Buster Wolf!" when it connects. Some games he has Power Stream, KoF 2002: Unlimited Match he has Rising Force which apparently is Rock Howard's where Terry has it to show where Rock learned it, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos has Rising Beat, and KoF XIV has his Climax Move: Slam Dunk Volcano. Power Stream has Terry jump and slam his fists onto the ground to create a dome of energy around him while the others are combo supers, so something like Ike's Great Aether.

People are guessing that Terry would be like Ryu and Ken who have proximity based Final Smashes where for Terry, if he's not near anyone, he'll do Power Geyser or maybe Twin or Triple Geyser, and if he's near someone, he'll do Buster Wolf. Power Stream could work as well instead of Power Geyser if they want it to hit around him instead of in front of him.

Fighters Generation is where these gifs came from and he has 12 pages of them, so you could get an idea of what his moves he will have in Smash if you wanted to look through them: https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/terry-a.html.

Here's two videos of his hitboxes in KoF XIII: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18NflaCoEo, and KoF XIV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_VltO3RTk. KoF XII and XIII's sprites were beautiful, but some characters were a bit weird and not everyone looked like they came from the same game. Terry was unbelievably ripped while his teammate Joe Higashi was really lean. KoF XIV was when they started using different voice actors and probably for money reasons since they might not have been able to afford paying the previous voice actors.

The one gameplay thing Terry might have is meter. Street Fighter among other fighting games have meter, but KoF allows you to enter Max Mode by spending a bar of meter where you are able to use the EX versions of specials for as long you still have Max Mode meter. So, think of Cloud's Limit, but if he could use his Limit Break specials multiple times until his Limit Gauge is spent or over. I don't know enough about the games, but I don't think Max Mode changes your character's movement, so compared to Cloud's Limit, it would be like trading the movement buffs or changes for being able to use more than one Limit Break special. The problem with Max Mode is how would it be activated. Having it take up a special slot for Terry might not work like it does for Cloud and Wii Fit Trainer and having it activate when he's done enough or taken enough damage might not be ideal in the sense of being able to control when you enter Max Mode. The latter would be fine, though, and it would make Max Mode like a mixture of Cloud's Limit and Joker having Arsene in Smash.
I do think Terry will be like Ryu/Ken, except have MAX Mode (And meter as well). It'd be really cool if they did that, and have his Super/Desperation moves as well. However, I feel like they could implement Buster Wolf and Power Geyser as Supers instead being part of his Final Smash.

How I can see them doing that is by having Terry call in Rock and they do a tag team combo, with Terry finishing it off with Power Stream, which was seen in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. Or he can do Rising Beat from SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos. Either one of these two I think would work as his Final Smashes.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've yet to get River City Girls, since I'm wanting to keep my funds for BBTAG's upcoming 2.0 update, which I found out ArcSys will be revealing the remaining 5 characters on the 22nd of this month. :yeahboi:
I'm waiting for the GOG version. Not sure why. Steam is fine, but GOG promises that I would own the game. Anyway, weird thing about River City Girls people have been talking about is that it doesn't have online co-op and apparently it was due to budget reasons.

As I said with my edit, River City Girls' soundtrack is fire. So far, "The Hunt" and "Bully" are my favorites. These songs appear early in the game -- early enough that Proton Jon was able to get to the areas where they played during his Fortune Cookie stream. The game's soundtrack is on sale and apparently at vinyl was available through Limited Run Games, but they only made 1,000 copies that sold out already.

"The Hunt": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGgI2amBLjo.

"Bully": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyHC8CiBXE.

Bandai Namco held two talks about the development of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where they talked about the art style of the game and how they handled the assets of the game to keep the file size down: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/09/...sed-battlefields-original-game-size-and-more/.

First part is pretty interesting in how they were able to conglomerate the different art styles of Nintendo's and other franchises' characters. An example being Star Fox where the recent Star Fox Zero game featured a more realistic detailing of the characters' fur, feathers, or skin on top of a more stylized look compared to the previous entries and Mario where characters are usually portrayed with a cartoon-y and vibrant look.

The second part is more interesting to me. Originally, Ultimate had a file size of 60 GB and that reminded me of when Brawl and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots used dual-layered discs. Not sure about Brawl, but it was stated MGS4 still had a large file size after file compression; it was reportedly the first PS3 game to use a 50 GB dual-layer Blu-ray disc. Anyway, Ultimate through the removal of duplicated data across fighters, reusing textures on stages and probably everything else when needed, and whatever else that they might not have talked about or did, but the authors omitted or didn't catch and the translation might not have noted down, they were able to get Ultimate to 15 GB as of version 4.0.0. People complain about how games are getting larger and larger in file size that downloading and installing them are a pain, especially with systems that people bought and came with not so large storage. So, it's really impressive how they were able to get a game that was originally 60 GB during development to a fourth of its size after release with DLC and other updates that might have added to the file size.

Optimization in general is fascinating. I talk about Metal Gear a lot, but Metal Gear Solid V being able to run that well on older systems or weaker hardware while being an open-world game and having decent graphics at lower settings is amazing to me. At the same time, you have games of its age and genre, slightly older or slightly newer, and they run worse or have a harder time running well. I get why as for one reason or another, developers might not have time to optimize a game or software in general for developers, but at the same time, I wish that people would allow for them or they were able to optimize their work more.

Another thing they talked about was how they rendered things as it was said one of targets Masahiro Sakurai had for Ultimate was performance: that Ultimate would run at 60 FPS and rendered at full HD. Unlike in real life, not everything needs to exist, so one of the things they and I'm assuming people in the gaming industry and related industries do was render things that people need to be able to see and not render things that aren't visible. The example used was King K. Rool's cape where parts of his cape obscured by his body was not rendered to reduce the load on the Switch's GPU.

Meanwhile, in FEH, Sonya's back on the weekly banner. I didn't get her, Linde, or Saber and I ended up being rather unlucky or really lucky instead.
4* F!Corrin #1: +Def, -Spd.

4* M!Corrin: +Def, -HP.

4* Jakob: +Res, -Def.

4* Saizo: +Atk, -HP.

3* Titania: +Def, -Res.
4* Eirika #1: neutral.

3* Eirika #2: +Atk, -HP.

3* Eliwood: +Res, -Atk.

3* Ogma: +Atk, -HP.

3* Subaki: +Res, -Def.
5* Caineghis: +Def, -Res. Yeah, what was that about non-focus 5* having a lower rate? Goddamn, and even from a random banner instead of the banners he was on. -Res being a superflaw is meh, but Caineghis is still stupidly bulky with Lion King Fang giving him =Res when he's attacked and having Distant Def 4. If only I had a spare copy of Armor March or someone in the 3* to 4* pool had Close Def 3 since giving him Special Fighter 3 and one of the other skills from a spare CYL Ephraim would be great for Caineghis.

3* Florina: +Spd, -Res.

3* Sakura: +HP, -Def.

4* Sully: +Def, -Res.

4* adult Tiki: +Res, -HP.
3* Arthur: +Res, -Def.

4* Bartre: +Res, -HP. I now have enough spare copies of Bartre to +10 him.

4* Catria: +Def, -HP.

3* Henry: +HP, -Res.

3* Lilina: +Def, -HP.
3* Cain: +Res, -HP.

4* F!Corrin #2: neutral.

4* L'Arachel: +HP, -Atk.

4* Reyson #1: +Atk, -Res.

4* Reyson #2: +Res, -Spd.
4* Kaze: +Atk, -HP.

3* Legault #1: neutral.

4* Lukas: +Atk, -Def.

4* Mercedes: +Def, -Res.

4* Tailtiu: +Def, -Atk.
3* Boey: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Fir: +HP, -Res.

3* Sakura #2: +HP, -Atk.

4* Silas: +Def, -Spd.

3* Wrys: +Spd, -Res.
5* Deirdre: neutral. Wrong green mage lady.

4* Legault #2: +Spd, -Def.

3* Marth: +Def, -Spd.

3* Matthew: +Atk, -HP.

4* Priscilla: +Atk, -Spd.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Byleth when choosing a husbando/waifu:

Anyway, Byleth is so boring, which I understand is on purpose and is heavily lampshaded in entertaining ways... But it makes me not really care about the whole "who to S support" nonsense like the last 2 games did. Robin and Corrin had their own personalities so it was fun to pair them up with good partners. I guess in this game I'll just pair up all the other player characters and go "now kiss :^)" repetitively until they finally do.

I started on BE route just to get it out of the way. I'm going to save at Ch12 or whenever I'm supposed to, this way I can do Church route first, then use my actual-BE route as my NG+ file. I don't really care much about stealing other students from other houses either. I - so far - like all the characters to some extent. So I'll just build the 7+Byleth from each house. I used F!Byleth just to get her out of the way for BE/Church tho. My friend also started the same path and we discussed how each BE would act when inviting someone over to watch Netflix. The list below is easiest to agree on towards the top and we had to go back and forth at least once to form a fair consensus:

Linhardt: would be interested in seeing a movie and then fall asleep within 5 minutes of it.

Bernadetta: regardless of the movie she would have her face covered the entire time while hyper-ventilating and/or fainting. If she's still conscious at the end of the movie, she'll be glad you stayed and "watched it with her." The movie will most likely be something that's recommended for ages 8 and down.

Caspar: Fight Club - possibly more than once. And then he'll want to reenact parts of the movie even though it's just indistinguishable and mindless fist fighting. The same thing will happen even if you are Caspar's significant other.

Dorothea: you will be watching a mostly dramatic-romcom until something suggestive happens, then she will say "wouldn't it be funny if we ________? HAHA, just kidding... Unless...?" - it's a Mean Girls™ styled trap. The same thing will happen even if you are Dorothea's significant other.

Petra: would excitedly put on a training video about net usage for fishing, catching land prey, setting traps, and so on. The AC will be on full blast. You will question whether this is reality or a dream.

Hubert: would choose a movie with plenty of black and/or little to no lightning in it, then sit incredibly still - facing the TV - the entire time. At the end he will say it was enjoyable, escort you out, and say "goodnight." You will be very unsure of what just happened over the past few hours.

Byleth:
blank stare.png

Edelgard: D O C U M E N T A R Y and C H I L L - literally and euphemistically at the same time.

Ferdinand: will ask what you want to drink/eat, then promptly ignore your choice and ask a servant to get him "something better" for the both of you. The same thing will happen when choosing a movie. During the movie, he will question your reactions if they are not exactly how he or Edelgard would react; then explain the movie as if you were legally unintelligent. He will assume you are grateful for his help. He will constantly mention Edelgard or himself if any part of the movie even faintly reminds him of either. He will assume you are having the best time, despite being visibly uncomfortable. The servants will feel sorry for you. You will feel sorry for his servants. Your souls will be bound for all eternity after suffering through Ferdinand's Ferdinandness together.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, this is a game. Saw it on NintendoLife and wondered what it was about that made it seem so fun to the author: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...game_at_pax_was_about_helping_people_move_out.

Moving Out is being developed by an Australian game company called SMG and it's being published by Team17 who apparently developed the Worms series and recently published Overcooked 1 and 2. It looks really dumb, but also cute, fun, and funny. The characters' expressions really sell the game with how they're happily wreaking havoc to move things out or when the girl character was dragging a body like she was from the Hitman games.

And for even more this is a thing games, KFC has partnered up with a game developer, Psyop, to make a visual novel. Yes, you read that correctly, an official KFC visual novel. The main target of our affections? Colonel Sanders in his husbando glory. Link: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/09/...g-simulator-will-let-people-date-the-colonel/.

Personally, I'm more interested in the food, but that just might be me getting hungry late in the night.

That reminds me, there was someone here on the Zelda boards, well, the Smash 4 Zelda boards, who was playing that human head, but horse everything else dating sim. I wonder if they ever finished it.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Feast your eyes on this G-Rated art that also features bara. All muscled-man-art should aspire to be this level of pure and/or cool. kthnx

Ey, that track is actually slappin' tho.

And for even more this is a thing games, KFC has partnered up with a game developer, Psyop, to make a visual novel. Yes, you read that correctly, an official KFC visual novel. The main target of our affections? Colonel Sanders in his husbando glory. Link: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/09/...g-simulator-will-let-people-date-the-colonel/.

Personally, I'm more interested in the food, but that just might be me getting hungry late in the night.
KFC is doing all the cringiest of things to reach young adults these days. Wendy's was the first with the simple yet sassy roast-posts. They kept it that way. Now the companies are either trying to copy Wendy's or just straight up trying to dive further into this "Hello, fellow young adults! We are not corperations, but also 13-33 year olds!" way of advertising/cross-advertising. It's yuuuuuuuuuck to the max, hunTy.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wus poppin' BBTAG fans?

Not that long now until they reveal the next 5 characters for BBTAG. Still curious who they'll reveal.

Now onto stuff no one here cares about. :secretkpop:

First off in Grandia, Sue now has ALL of her Spells accquired. Which I'm very happy with, now I can just go ham with her and probably level up her Weapon & Magic Skills some more. Feena now has all four Magic Skills and Justin now has three out of the four. And Gadwin? Well...

That boy can't learn Wind or Water! :V

As for what Sue's Magic and Weapon Skills are, might as well leave them in a spoiler here.

Burn! - Fire Level 1
Zap! - Fire Level 5, Wind Level 4
Howl - Wind Level 1
Crackle - Wind Level 3, Water Level 2
Heal - Water Level 1
Snooze - Water Level 3
Cure - Water Level 3, Earth Level 2
Diggin' - Earth Level 1
Def-Loss - Earth Level 6
BOOM! - Fire Level 7, Earth Level 6
Burnflame - Fire Level 6
Burnstrike - Fire Level 18
Zap All - Fire Level 10, Wind Level 9
Howlslash - Wind Level 6
Shhh! - Wind Level 12
Crackling - Wind Level 10, Water Level 12
Alheal - Water Level 5
Refresh - Water Level 12, Earth Level 10
Tremor - Earth Level 3
BOOM-POW! - Fire Level 10, Earth Level 10
Burnflare - Fire Level 9
Howlnado - Wind Level 23
Fiora - Wind Level 8, Water Level 10
Protection - Wind Level 20, Water Level 23
Resurrect - Water Level 16
Alhealer+ - Water Level 20
Halvah - Water Level 19, Earth Level 16
Speedy - Water Level 13, Earth Level 13
Quake - Earth Level 19
BA-BOOM! - Fire Level 18, Earth Level 20
Puffy Kick - Throw Level 1
"Rah-Rah!" Cheer - Throw Level 1, Mace Level 1
Round Whacker - Mace Level 8
Fire Away - Throw Level 12
Yawn - Mace Level 10, Water Level 3
Puffy Fire - Throw Level 12, Fire Level 2
"Fight!" Cheer - Mace Level 8, Fire Level 3, Earth Level 2

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Korean Zootopia is the best Zootopia dun @ me

A blast from the past, odang gorl you's a time mage???

So the Season 2 DLC Pass for Ultimate will include different voice actor options for the main menu, similar to Fire Emblem Warriors. Except the intro will also have 1 new (and superior) VA option. It's a minor leak but I personally think it's the best feature so far. Better than the major character leak anyway. Like, ooooo Bandana Adeline, Baby Waluigi, and Sword Fetch. Big deal.

Also Zelda will be buffed perfectly, by having this new voice actor replace all her default lines and sounds. So that balance change will be very OP ofc. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This week has been hectic. My father had a stroke a few days ago. He's since been discharged, but yeah, rough week.

As for FEH, the heroes being from Archanea is interesting and they've done a lot since the banner introduced six heroes, the four banner heroes, Bantu as a 3* to 4*, off-focus summoning pool insert, and Astram as a GHB unit. The only downside is that they're going hard with BST powercreep except for Bantu. CYL3 recently dropped and now we're essentially in gen 4 BST with refresh units getting a massive boost from what the previous banner showed, the recent "A Splendid Soiree" banner aka the "Reinhardt Strikes Again; or RIP Leif, the Hero of Thracia 776, Even More" banner. They also showed the stats of banner characters with their tips video, so only Astram and Bantu people had to wait for the datamine or for the banner to go live.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem..._chosen_ones_astram_bantu_lvl_40_and_1_stats/.

Going alphabetically, Astram's 44 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 36 Def, and 21 Res gives him 172 BST. Stat-wise, he's like a +HP, -Atk CYL Alm or a gen 4 version of Gray. Compared to CYL Alm, +2 HP, -3 Atk, +1 Spd, -1 Def, and +1 Res and compared to Gray, +1 HP, +4 Spd, +6 Def, and -1 Res. With HP, Atk, and Spd being his highest level 1 stats, they will go up by 5 for those who want to make him a merge project meaning he will end up with 49 HP, 40 Atk, 41 Spd, 40 Def, and 25 Res at +10.

Astram comes with Mercurius which has the effects of "Grants Atk+3. At the start of turn, if unit's HP >= 50% HP, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger, or beast allies within 2 spaces of unit for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are within 2 spaces.", and he has Bonfire, Wind Boost at 4*, and Wrath at 5*. Mercurius basically has a Spectrum Physical Wave that's dependent on his HP rather than the turn or the Robins' Spectrum Tactics unique refinement if it was HP-based and only affected physical damage allies rather than requiring <= 2 of a movement type on a team. It's good for what it does and he'd probably complement CYL Lucina well with her unique refinement, but the issue is the HP requirement which means he's likely to need a healer on the team or Noontime/Sol, Mystic Boost, or Renewal for sustain and Wrath kind of doesn't mesh well outside of making a stronger Noontime or Sol to gain more HP provided his enemy actually still has HP when he hits them. Here's a showcase of his stats, skills, and attack animation: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...re_emblem_heroes_astram_midias_hero_showcase/.

Bantu's 45 HP, 34 Atk, 28 Spd, 35 Def, and 26 Res gives him 168 BST and he has a resistance superasset and a speed superflaw. His BST is like a weird veteran BST which as sad as it is, doesn't really make him that bad compared to Gunter and Jagen who were launch units and melee cavalry at that. Bantu has the same stat spread as Garon, Nah, and adult Tiki meaning the only red infantry dragons who aren't slow, bulky unit are Sothis who is a mythic hero and kid Tiki who isn't in new heroes banners. Compared to Garon, +2 HP, +1 Atk, +6 Spd, +2 Def, and -6 Res and no personal breath and being weak to anti-dragon weapons as a result if Garon's using Breath of Blight. In the end, Garon will have better resistance, but Bantu is in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, so you wouldn't need to spend grails on him for a high BST red infantry dragon. Compared to Nah, +1 HP, +3 Spd, -3 Def, and -6 Res and no Oracle's Breath shenanigans. Yeah, the only thing Bantu has going for him is being a 3* to 4* summonable red infantry dragon because otherwise, Nah trounces him. And compared to adult Tiki, +5 HP, -1 Atk, +5 Spd, and +2 Res and no default Lightning Breath or Breath of Fog. They're both in the 3* to 4* summoning pool, but Bantu was just added and while he has higher overall bulk, adult Tiki comes with better weapons where Lightning Breath gives her Distant Counter at the cost of Mt while Breath of Fog gives her effective damage against dragons, sustain through its Renewal 3, and has the Atk/Def Sword-Dragon Bond unique refinement. Not to say Bantu isn't good, but he's in a competitive area since three other infantry red dragons have the same stat spread and all have personal weapons while he doesn't. As for skills, he comes with Dark Breath, Dragon Fang, Fierce Stance 3 at 4*, and Savage Blow 3 at 5*.

Nagi's 46 HP, 37 Atk, 19 Spd, 36 Def, and 41 Res gives her 179 BST and she has defense and resistance superassets and a HP superflaw. She is yet another speed dump, min-maxed armor dragon. Her stats are most comparable to winter Fae or Idunn, but with flipped defenses. Compared to winter Fae, +1 HP, +2 Atk, -7 Spd, and +3 Def and compared to Idunn, +1 HP, +2 Atk, -7 Spd, -3 Def, and +7 Res. Nagi's stats are stupid, but her personal breath is even stupider. Ethereal Breath has a Killer effect, effective damage against dragons, a -raven effect, reduces AoE special damage by 80%, and the adaptive damage against ranged units dragonstones have. If you consider effective damage and adaptive damage as free effects where effective damage is usually considered free and adaptive damage is just a dragonstone thing, then Ethereal Breath still has three given effects: Killer, -raven, and its AoE damage reduction effect. The CYL1 weapon update started something and it's going hard.

Norne's 42 HP, 32 Atk, 36, Spd, 31 Spd, and 27 Res gives her 168 BST and she has no superassets and a resistance superflaw. Yeah, Norne's a gen 4, physical, ranged infantry. Kronya was the only physical, ranged infantry introduced before CYL3 and she has 162 BST. All the others were either fliers like summer Lyn, spring Palla, and Petra who have around 155 BST or infantry mages or healers like Brady, puppet Delthea, Hubert, Lugh, and Mercedes and they have around 157 BST. Norne's stats make her like a gen 4 summer Noire or Setsuna with an actual attack stat and defenses. Compared summer Noire, +6 HP, +4 Def, and +7 Res and compared to Setsuna, +5 HP, +4 Atk, -1 Spd, +9 Def, and +4 Res.

Because Norne comes with Guard Bow which was commonly given to Faye before her Bow of Devotion, compared to Faye, +2 Atk, +11 Spd, +5 Def, and -4 Res. Norne trades resistance for much higher speed than Faye along with Atk and not having Quick Riposte 5 if Faye is using Bow of Devotion and not having access to Firesweep Bow. Had this been before Faye getting her bow, then Norne would only lose in resistance and not having Firesweep Bow because otherwise, Norne would be generally bulkier as a speed tank with similar defenses. She still has 4 less base resistance and magic is the most damaging method of attacking.

Norne's a new unit, she doesn't have a personal bow and it'll take forever until she does, she's not a -blade mage much less one with a personal -blade tome like Nino, Odin, and Tharja, and there's no guarantee that she'll demote, but if she does and if someone can summon a lot of copies of her, then she could be a really good option for Close Counter. Her defenses are decent by having gen 1 melee armor and gen 3 melee infantry BST giving her a lot of stat points to play around with and merges are only going to add to her bulk. Guard Bow, Close Counter, and a Close Def seal means she will get Def/Res+6 when attacked and be able to counter at any range. It would be even more expensive, but Null C Disrupt would help as well. That said, it's not like her defenses are high and you could even argue her speed is wasted or that it would be better to wait for a gen 4 archer who is slow and bulky.

Phina's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 26 Def, and and 23 Res gives her 161 BST and she has defense and resistance superassets and now superflaws. So, like, RIP Navarre. Phina's story is that Navarre saved her, but because of BST powercreep and given her stats, it's hilarious how this powerhouse of a dancer had to be saved. Compared to Navarre, -2 HP, +4 Atk, +3 Def, and -1 Res. Navarre has Scarlet Sword for Quickened Pulse shenanigans, but Phina was inexplicably given Rapier that has effective damage against armor and cavalry, gives her Spd+3, and Vantage 3 because why the hell not. Phina's Rapier is also stupid by the way. If you consider one of the effective damage to be free, then like Nagi, she still has three given effects on her weapon. Compare this to Caeda and Clair who only have effective damage against armor and cavalry, Flashing Blade 3, and HP+3 which more or less is like a bandage on an increasingly worsening wound or actually hurts someone which in this case is Raven since Linus shares Basilkos meaning he gets all the benefits Raven does. Anyway, you could call it three effects with HP+3 for Caeda and Clair, but HP+3 compared to Spd+3? Yeah, no contest that Spd+3 wins even though on flier teams Caeda and Clair can get a crapton of speed. The other thing is their base attacks are -10 for Caeda and -9 for Clair compared to Phina who while an infantry and can't go ham with Goad Fliers buffs, still has good attack that she doesn't need buffs to smack an armor or cavalry to death.

Well, compared to the other infantry sword dancers, Lene, Olivia, and Silvia: compared to Lene, +5 HP, +7 Atk, +2 Spd, +3 Def, and -5 Res; compared to Olivia, +4 HP, +7 Atk, +4 Spd, -1 Def, and -3 Res; and compared to Silvia, +8 Atk, +1 Spd, +9 Def, and -7 Res. Her resistance is the weakest of the infantry sword dancers, but she ties with Silvia for the highest HP and has the highest offenses made even stronger with Rapier. In terms of raw stats, witch Celica and Ryoma are the most similar to her. Compared to witch Celica, +2 Spd, -1 Def, and -3 Res and compared to Ryoma, -1 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Spd, -1 Def, and +2 Res.

Finally, Sirius whose 40 HP, 34 Atk, 37 Spd, 35 Def, and 16 Res gives him 162 BST and he has no superassets and HP and resistance superflaws. Compared to his past self as Camus, -2 HP, +2 Atk, +4 Spd, +4 Def, and -1 Res. Otherwise, the closest in stats to Sirius would be summer Cordelia and Finn making Sirius a gen 4 version of them and CYL Eliwood, but with with flipped defenses. Compared to summer Cordelia -1 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Spd, +7 Def, and -2 Res; compared to Finn, +4 Spd, +3 Def, and -2 Res; and compared to CYL Eliwood, -3 Atk, +2 Spd, +3 Def, and -2 Res.

Sirius's Sable Lance makes Walhart's Wolf Berg and CYL Alm's Dracofalchion look even worse. It has the same Spectrum Solo effect as winter Ephraim's Festive Siegmund and a similar one to Panne's Spectrum Solo/Beast-Dragon Bond effect. This combined with the Killer effect says Galeforce cavalry like Oscar and Peri where Sirius is closer to Peri in the effects working for himself unlike Oscar who can also support. Walhart's Wolf Berg grants the same amount of stats, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 if there are more enemies within 2 spaces of him than allies within 2 spaces of him where it will work if Walhart's adjacent to someone, but he needs more enemies than allies which wouldn't work well with Drive buffs or if there's only a few or one enemy left on the map. Sirius simply needs to not be near anyone which is easy with a cavalry unit unlike with winter Ephraim, an armor. CYL Alm's grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 which is barely better than Wolf Berg. Maybe Spectrum Solo would be too much on him, but he's a CYL unit and with what the CYL1 weapon update was like, Nagi's Ethereal Breath, and Phina's Rapier, it already looks like they are willing to go even harder with stronger and stronger weapons, so why not a Spectrum Solo effect for Dracofalchion?

I was able to get three summoning tickets and it took four full summons to get a 5* unit: Norne. Probably not the best unit on the banner, but her art, sprite, and map ready animation are cute. Here's hoping she demotes because it would suck if they start using off-focus inserts to stop demoting units after a regular heroes banner. Also, I summoned a freebie Caineghis (+Res, -Def) from his and Tibarn's BHB banner.
3* Frederick: +Atk, -Res.

4* Gaius: +HP, -Def.

4* Gunter: +Def, -Atk.

4* Jakob: +Atk, -Spd.

3* Raven #1: +HP, -Atk.
3* Camilla: +Res, -Def.

4* Gaius: +Res, -HP.

4* Gwendolyn: +HP, -Atk.

4* Priscilla: +Spd, -Def.

4* adult Tiki: +Def, -Atk.
4* Hinata: +Spd, -Res.

4* Lissa: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Raven #2: +Res, -Spd.

4* Tailtiu: +HP, -Spd.

3* Titania: +Spd, -HP.
5* Norne: +Spd, -Res. Yeah... I don't think I'm going to do a Setsuna merge project anytime soon. If Norne somehow demotes and if Setsuna ends up with a meh personal bow after her eventual update, then yeah, I'd rather use Norne who actually has an attack stat, decent defenses, and the HP Setsuna has with HP+5. Only downside is that Norne only has one bow, Guard Bow, while Setsuna has two as of now, Assassin's Bow and Guard Bow, and will end up with three when she gets a personal bow.

4* Reinhardt: +Spd, -Atk. Speedy Reinhardt is a thing, but no.

4* Sakura: +HP, -Res.

4* Serra: +Spd, -HP.

4* Silas: +Atk, -Spd.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
A blast from the past, odang gorl you's a time mage???
So much of a time mage I'm responding to your post FROM THE FUUUUUUUTTTTEEEEERRRREEEEEE

Also, ofc the new bois' base personalities are interchangeable. They're all teenagers and also brothers, it'd only make sense if they were 50% alike. I was initially unhappy with Leo's total personality change for pure nostalgia reasons. But... Raph and Leo were essentially the same bois, with the main difference being Raph = EZ2ANGERY and then does the opposite of what he should be doing. So it's k now.
That really hasn't been true in a real long time. Even the 4kids TMNT had them super distinctive, even down to their accents. And goooorl you be talkin **** bout my boi Raphael?

Mikey talked like a surfer bro from California because he learned english from watching extreme sports on TV. Donatello learned from books as he learned science and technology. Leonardo speaks proper because he's the one who most tries to emulate Master Splinter.

Then we've got Raphael, aka the only turtle living under the streets of Brooklyn who talks like he's from New York. See, Mikey likes what we do because it's entertaining and delicious, Donny inspired by the things that we create as blueprints for his own inventions, and Leo for the philosophical ideals he aspires to.

But Raph? He learned to talk by doing what he's always done; he puts on a trenchcoat, goes above ground and just...mingles. Be a Brooklynite. He's the only turtle that just likes humans for being humans, because he's one of us. It's why Raph and Leo would get into so many arguments even though their actions would always be so similar; i.e., Raphael with the New York state of mind vs Leo's high and mighty ideals.

Basically, if Raph were a Mermaid instead of a turtle he'd be singing about wanting to be where all the people are. And that meant a lot as a kid, imo.

tbh I do agree with the April rebooting = lame. They could easily create more characters. I think they are relying more on April's name being a code word for the series instead of an actual character.
It's like it's written in blood in all TMNT reboot contracts or something; "Thou shalt only allow Turtles to have at most three friends of the following criteria:

A) One Human Female Named "April"
B) One Human Male Named "Casey" (Must also have blue hair)
C) One anthropomorphic rabbit samurai"

I legit have trouble thinking of a good reboot that went in on trying to expand the preexisting character roster rather than reinvent the same few characters for the half dozenth time.

But then again the last time they tried that we got Venus the Turtle SOOOOOOO....

KFC is doing all the cringiest of things to reach young adults these days. Wendy's was the first with the simple yet sassy roast-posts. They kept it that way. Now the companies are either trying to copy Wendy's or just straight up trying to dive further into this "Hello, fellow young adults! We are not corperations, but also 13-33 year olds!" way of advertising/cross-advertising. It's yuuuuuuuuuck to the max, hunTy.
Ya need to expand your horizons, Puddin. Wendy's might have won the admiration of a Western twitter population starving for freshly roasted fast served tweets, but KFC was busy winning the hearts and minds across Asia. When the traditional Christmas meal is a bucket of KFC, when a statue of the man himself is unironically a goto example of what constitutes 'moe', the seeds were already planted for a well chiseled bespectacled dapper man to sweep them off their feet coupled with the magical aroma of fried chicken.

Colonel Sanders is like Asia's Misty or Lola Bunny for an entire generation.

As for FEH, the heroes being from Archanea is interesting and they've done a lot since the banner introduced six heroes, the four banner heroes, Bantu as a 3* to 4*, off-focus summoning pool insert, and Astram as a GHB unit. The only downside is that they're going hard with BST powercreep except for Bantu.
Still dropped ~85 orbs on the Bonfire banner instead for Nah and got pity broken by Leo.

I didn't even know that was still possible.

This week has been hectic. My father had a stroke a few days ago. He's since been discharged, but yeah, rough week.
Sorry to hear that man. My dad has had two strokes himself and it's a trying time when stuff like that occurs.

How are his motor functions doing? After the first one my dad needed a good amount of physical therapy but it sounds great that he was discharged after a few days,

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Ffamran Ffamran sorry to hear that sis, I hope he's feeling better soon. Was it a mild stroke with minimal effects or is he in for a long haul with recovery?

----

Speaking of being a clown, I bought a 75ft cable to awkwardly run all throughout my house just to get stutter-free Internet for Overwatch on my PC like a dummyboi. And in a clown-like fashion, I am holding out hope that OW's introduction to the Switch will result in a SSB+OW crossover. But who would it beeeeee?

Lesbian time traveler?
Sassy L E G S and heels?
Bara gay soldier dad?
Howdy hey manly cowboy?

The possibilities are endless and unlikely! :secretkpop:

ALSO! It might be possible we get a Nintendo-ish rep for Overwatch. It'd be neat if they did that, since they will undoubtedly run out of ideas without rehashing current ones. So if they're going to reshash something, they may as well make it a crossover character with a rehashed kit instead. Pls n thnx Blizz.

AND
But then again the last time they tried that we got Venus the Turtle SOOOOOOO....
Ya need to expand your horizons, Puddin. Wendy's might have won the admiration of a Western twitter population starving for freshly roasted fast served tweets, but KFC was busy winning the hearts and minds across Asia. When the traditional Christmas meal is a bucket of KFC, when a statue of the man himself is unironically a goto example of what constitutes 'moe', the seeds were already planted for a well chiseled bespectacled dapper man to sweep them off their feet coupled with the magical aroma of fried chicken.

Colonel Sanders is like Asia's Misty or Lola Bunny for an entire generation.
Don't mention these sins around me or my sisters ever again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahem... Sup Tohru Adachi fans?

BBTAG's newest 2.0 Trailer got shown off on both the US and JPN streams, and hoo boy! We got some nifty stuff shown! :yeahboi:

I'll just leave these here for Buddhahobo Buddhahobo and Lil Puddin Lil Puddin because they show ACTUALLY interesting characters instead of trash tier waifus like Ruby and Yang. :secretkpop:

I'll leave them in spoilers for those that don't wanna watch it.

Blazblue:
Celica A. Mercury

Celica I'm very happy with making it in, she was on my wishlist and the fact she got in. I'm very proud of this!
Congratulations Celica! The cinnamon roll has arrived!

Susano'o

Two words. MUST DIE. In all seriousness, this is awesome. I think I predicted him and Celica to make it in.

Persona 4 Arena:
Elizabeth

I got her and her sister, Margaret confused. So I thought it was going to be Margaret getting in, not Elizabeth. Either way, it's cool. Excluding Shadow Labrys, we have everyone from Vanilla P4A in BBTAG.

Tohru Adachi

YOOOOO! IT'S MURDER BOY! His theme is a banger and I found out unlike the P4A cast, his Astral plays "Time To Make History", which I'm VERY stoked with.

Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late[st]:
Hilda

I'm glad that Gordeau's friend makes it in now. I am very curious how they'll handle some of her button combinations.
So far, it seems like we've gotten a hold of some new information and footage thanks to both streams. I'll go over each character in order of their reveals from EVO to today.

Yumi:
Standard Autocombos, her Aerial Rave mechanic which she had from Estival Versus and they showed off her two supers as well. Pretty neat.

Akatsuki:
His 214BC is a unique Super. In BBTAG, his 214C and 236C are the same as they are in UNIST. So they gave him a unique Super where he does a super powered "CHESTO" and it groundbounces, allowing Akatsuki to extend off of it, meaning he could get 10k solo.

As seen here:
https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu/clip/ElatedPrettiestAnacondaUWot

Blitztank:
Blitztank can actually move during their gunfire, meaning that players using Blitztank can actual space themselves during this and control neutral more accordingly, compared to say Gordeau having to throw out 5B, hoping it hits to then do 2A to reduce the lag. Blitz so far has no unique dialog with anyone.

We also got to see Blitztank's grab, 236x and 214x; their Dash (66) has a hitbox just like in Akatsuki Blitzkampf. And their Astral is godlike. I'll leave a clip here.

Blitztank's Astral:
https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu/clip/TriumphantLittlePigShazBotstix

Neopolitan:
We see some of her combos and her Astral which is kind of like a slower version of Ragnarok. It's nifty to say the least, but Blitz's Astral is amazing.

Neo's Astral:
https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu/clip/ArtsyKindBearPRChase

Celica A. Mercury:
They showed off the standard stuff on the Japanese Stream; it seems like some of her mechanics from BBCPEX and BBCF are fused together, since we see stuff from Unlimited Mode Celica and Centralfiction Celica. Also, she has her 5A from BBCF. Which is wholesome af.

Elizabeth:
We see her standard A Autocombo and B Autocombos. But we also see two of her Supers.
Her 214BC is Ghastly Wail (214214A/B) and 236BC is Mind Charge (236236A/B). Where she sacrifices 70% of her health to give full meter. I assume it'll have the same mechanics as it did in P4A.

Tohru Adachi:
Thanks to the Japanese Stream, we get a good look at Tohru's moveset. He has Ziodyne as one of his Specials, Cross Slash as his 214BC and so on. It's pretty amazing, he also has what seems to be Magatsu Mandala (214214A/B) as either a Special or an Autocombo ender. Also, Adachi has unique dialog with Susano'o and Hilda so far.

Hilda:
Standard combo stuff with Hilda in the trailer, they also showed off a bunch of her stuff on the Japanese Stream, it's nifty that we got her in. Oh, and she has unique dialog with Neo as well.

Susano'o:
THIS BOY CAN DO 8K METERLESS. *Ahem* Anyway, he is looking like a strong brute. UNGA damage, and the fact he doesn't have to unlock any of his buttons during gameplay seems to be a HUGE buff to him. Meaning he can go crazy at the start of the match.

If any of you sweet Zelda mains wanna check out the streams, I'll leave links here for you all.

ArcSys' US Stream
ArcSys' JPN Stream

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
ALSO! It might be possible we get a Nintendo-ish rep for Overwatch. It'd be neat if they did that, since they will undoubtedly run out of ideas without rehashing current ones. So if they're going to reshash something, they may as well make it a crossover character with a rehashed kit instead. Pls n thnx Blizz.
u mean like this?
Oh wow how fitting, I finally got around to starting Persona 3 yesterday. I've been trying to for a while but oml PS2 emulation is so annoying. I've heard horror stories about DS emulation but I found that fine. PS2 emulation though? MessT.
Anyways Elizabeth is a funny gorl so far. gj to her for getting into BBTAG.
With that said, I don't see myself getting into BBTAG anytime soon, but Hilda has my interest purely for the OHOHOHOHO laugh. :secretkpop:
Edit a day later, but I was digging for this link for hours and I just need to post it somewhere so ignore it. Or don't idk.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sorry to hear that man. My dad has had two strokes himself and it's a trying time when stuff like that occurs.

How are his motor functions doing? After the first one my dad needed a good amount of physical therapy but it sounds great that he was discharged after a few days,
Ffamran Ffamran sorry to hear that sis, I hope he's feeling better soon. Was it a mild stroke with minimal effects or is he in for a long haul with recovery?
One stroke is scary enough. I can't imagine having two or more strokes.

On Sunday at the ER, the doctor said it was a small stroke when after a CT scan or MRI. I think it was after a MRI. The affected part of his brain was what caused him to feel dizzy and nauseous. I'm guessing the part of the brain that controls balance. He was discharged to a nursing home and he is going through physical therapy to help him walk. Problem is he's stubborn and impatient. Asking to go home, doing things on his own when he's not supposed to or without the use of a walker, not wanting to exercise, and so on. Regardless, his motor functions are probably impaired or at least weaker than it was before.

My uncle also had to go to ER for a different reason a few days later and was discharged around the time my dad was. And as if that wasn't enough, I was feeling kind of under the weather that day when I posted, but by Friday I had a cold. I remember getting a cold this summer and and it's still freaking hot, so it sucks. The past week has been awful. I feel tired, drained, and I've missed several assignments for my university classes. I felt like I didn't have the time or energy to do some of them. Pretty sure I'm burned out. There are some professors or whoever is teaching I still need to talk to. Not asking for deadline extensions or whatever, but just to tell them that if something comes up because of my dad's condition. I don't think anything is going to go wrong with him right now, but still.

On a brighter note, Megan McDuffee who worked on River City Girls' soundtrack started to upload some of her tracks. Here's "Relentless".

And FEH stuff. Last summoning ticket summon and a full summon from the weekly revival banner with Jaffar both of which didn't get me a 5*.
3* Boey: +HP, -Res.

3* Donnel: +Res, -Atk.

4* Eirika: +Def, -Res.

4* Serra: +HP, -Spd.

4* Seth: +Def, -Atk.
4* M!Corrin: +Atk, -Res.

3* Kaze: +Spd, -HP.

4* L'Arachel: +Def, -Spd.

4* Nowi: neutral.

4* Shigure: +HP, -Def.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
For my +10 Brady, should I go with +atk, +spd, or +def? I’ve been running a mixed tank set on him, but I’m not sure if I should switch to an offensive boon instead.

574F3293-FB16-475B-B5DD-0DDE0F15BA44.png

In regards to 3H, I’m still working on my second BE play through. I’ve been busy with school and stuff, so I haven’t even gotten to the time skip yet. Having to play through the game 4 times with mostly the same maps does get kinda tedious, but it’s not the worst thing ever.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh wow how fitting, I finally got around to starting Persona 3 yesterday. I've been trying to for a while but oml PS2 emulation is so annoying. I've heard horror stories about DS emulation but I found that fine. PS2 emulation though? MessT.
Anyways Elizabeth is a funny gorl so far. gj to her for getting into BBTAG.
With that said, I don't see myself getting into BBTAG anytime soon, but Hilda has my interest purely for the OHOHOHOHO laugh. :secretkpop:
Its like Mori saw what you were doing and decided to throw in Elizabeth. :secretkpop:

For some backstory on Hilda.

She's the leader of the organisation Amnesia and is the antagonist of Under Night In-Birth. And wants to become a Re-Birth by any means necessary. She is also said to be not very intelligent. However, she is friends with Chaos and Gordeau and she also speaks highly of those that worked with Amnesia, both past and present. One time she brought in a train set to Gordeau's bar just to have some fun and mess about.

Hilda is supposed to be about 2 years older then Yuzuriha as well. So she would be around 19 - 20 years old.

Speaking of Hilda. And going back to BBTAG, I have a hunch of the following interactions we'll be getting from the cast. And hopefully we'll get more info at CEOtaku this weekend. ArcSys is bringing a playable demo of 2.0 along with UNIClr (Under Night In-Birth: Exe.Late [Cl-r]) to be played at the event.

As for what interactions I'm expecting from who... Time to leave them in a spoiler! :yeahboi:

BB:
Ragna The Bloodedge
Jin Kisaragi
Rachel Alucard
Es
Celica A. Mercury
Platinum The Trinity
Izayoi

P4AU:
Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Yukiko Amagi
Teddie
Mitsuru Kirijo

UNIST:
Hyde
Vatista
Yuzuriha
Orie
Hilda

RWBY:
Ruby Rose
Weiss Schnee

Guest Characters:
Heart Aino, Akatsuki
BB:
Ragna The Bloodedge
Naoto Kurogane
Nu-13
Iron Tager
Azrael
Makoto Nanaya

P4AU:
Yu Narukami
Chie Satanaka
Kanji Tatsumi
Akihiko Sanada
Aigis
Labrys

UNIST:
Hyde
Linne
Hilda
Mika

RWBY:
Ruby Rose
Yang Xiao Long

Guest Characters:
Heart Aino, Yumi
None. He's too shy to talk.
BB:
Rachel Alucard
Hazama
Nine The Phantom
Mai Natsume
Susano'o

P4AU:
Yosuke Hanamura
Teddie
Naoto Shirogane
Aigis
Tohru Adachi

UNIST:
Carmine
Waldstein
Vatista
Hilda

RWBY:
Ruby Rose
Weiss Schnee
Blake Belladonna
Yang Xiao Long
BB:
Ragna The Bloodedge
Jin Kisaragi
Noel Vermillion
Rachel Alucard
Nu-13
Hazama
Nine The Phantom
Jubei
Naoto Kurogane

P4AU:
Yukiko Amagi
Aigis
Labrys
Naoto Shirogane

UNIST:
Linne
Vatista
Carmine
Merkava
Gordeau

RWBY:
Weiss Schnee

Guest Characters:
Heart Aino
BB:
Rachel Alucard
Nu-13
Izayoi
Hazama
Es

P4AU:
Akihiko Sanada
Mitsuru Kirijo
Aigis
Labrys
Teddie
Tohru Adachi

UNIST:
Yuzuriha
Hilda
Mika
Seth

RWBY:
Blake Belladonna
BB:
Ragna The Bloodedge
Jin Kisaragi
Noel Vermillion
Iron Tager
Hazama
Nine The Phantom
Susano'o

P4AU:
Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satanaka
Yukiko Amagi
Kanji Tatsumi
Naoto Shirogane
Teddie
Elizabeth

UNIST:
Hyde
Carmine
Merkava
Gordeau
Hilda
Orie

RWBY:
Blake Belladonna
Neopolitan
BB:
Rachel Alucard
Hazama
Nine The Phantom
Es
Jubei

P4AU:
Yukiko Amagi
Teddie
Aigis
Tohru Adachi
Elizabeth

UNIST:
Hyde
Linne
Waldstein
Gordeau
Orie
Mika

RWBY:
Neopolitan

Guest Characters:
Yumi, Akatsuki
BB:
Ragna The Bloodedge
Jin Kisaragi
Hakumen
Hazama
Nine The Phantom
Celica A. Mercury
Jubei
Azrael

P4AU:
Yu Narukami
Kanji Tatsumi
Akihiko Sanada
Aigis
Tohru Adachi

UNIST:
Waldstein
Gordeau
Orie
Mika
Merkava

RWBY:
Yang Xiao Long
Neopolitan

I do know that about three or four were confirmed during the ArcSys Streams. So I might as well leave what we know so far. Some will be blank due to no dialog confirmed or they haven't been translated from said character(s).

Hilda/Adachi Intro:
Hilda:
Adachi:

Susano'o/Adachi Intro:
Susano'o:
Adachi: Well, I'll leave the rest to you, God.

Hilda/Neo Intro:
Hilda:
Neo: ...

Hilda/Neo Post-win:
Hilda: You, aren't you being a little too enthusiastic? Next will be the leading actor's debut so shouldn't you reserve yourself a little?

The only part I recall is that Adachi & Hilda's is something about "Adult Time", and that kids should be asleep now. Not entirely sure, but that was as much as I could get from it.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Ahem... Sup Tohru Adachi fans?
I think I can bring up 2017 posts on this game hoping for a playable Rise. RIP the dream. :sadsheep:

Not that I didn't want Adachi too, but if there was ever a final Persona character to reveal, he'd be it.

The past week has been awful. I feel tired, drained, and I've missed several assignments for my university classes. I felt like I didn't have the time or energy to do some of them. Pretty sure I'm burned out. There are some professors or whoever is teaching I still need to talk to. Not asking for deadline extensions or whatever, but just to tell them that if something comes up because of my dad's condition. I don't think anything is going to go wrong with him right now, but still.
See if the school has services for burn out like this. You're going through family emergencies in quick succession and contrary to what some people think of higher education, there are people in the system who aren't soulless monsters.

If you have an undergraduate advisor or someone who helps make your schedule, a talk with them may be a good idea to reexamine this semester's class load.

Don't mention these sins around me or my sisters ever again.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
u mean like this?
ye like that
kthnx
make it happen already
:^)))))))))))))))

Though I'd be totally fine with a bunch of OW Heroes getting outfits to rep Nintendo. Or just other games in general. Because as we all know, fashion >>> new characters. Duuuuuuuuh. So it could either be a straight cosplay or using character colors/hairstyles/special effects to get the point across.

Link = Brigitte ofc
Dedede = Reinhardt ofc
Bayonetta = Tracer with a snazzy new hairdo yes pls omg
Glados = Zenny with the personality cores as his orbs or Symmetra with her sentries being the 3 main personality cores
Ryu = easily just Hanzo with in a white gi, maybe utilizing Ryu's beard-bara appearance
Ken = can be human Genji in a red gi with his hair dyed blond.
Master Chief = Reyes has the hurtbox that would lend to the suit, but Soldier also works
Rosalina = Mercy with a giant star-tipped staff, galaxy wings, and starbits for bullets

They can do 1 for all the characters at one point, hopefully. Or perhaps make it a yearly event of sorts to buff up their rather sparce-by-MMO-standards events.

For my +10 Brady, should I go with +atk, +spd, or +def? I’ve been running a mixed tank set on him, but I’m not sure if I should switch to an offensive boon instead.

If you just want him to 1x hit things and be bulky, then +HP will probably be the better bet.

Speed stacking means +spd Brady ofc.

For the most part +atk works since it boosts healing a tad bit and ofc damage. So this way you can run Wrathful+CC+Vantage for one set, if you so choose. Or what you have now. He's pretty much just a better version of Serra, so treat him as such. :^)

This is not a sinful video, so it's fine to post for the sisters to see.

Below is an example of a sinful video that is not suitable for gorl viewers. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. CEOtaku is almost here. I'm very curious on who will get buffed and nerfed in BBTAG 2.0.

Oh, and speaking of which. ArcSys Japan have now released a PV on the 2.0 update which they're dubbing the "Special Edition". Comes with all 7 DLC Packs (22 Charcters) and an Artbook. So that's pretty :nifty:. However, I think it's for Japan Only. Oh well, they get the cool stuff anyway.

And so far, that interaction between Akatsuki & Naoto K. I predicted is now a reality. :yeahboi:

Here's the PV for everyone. Oh and Elizabeth says "BRAVADO gozaimasu." I think. So at least Cress!'s favourite Attendant is showing off her personality. :yeahboi:

For anyone wondering who were in the original 7 DLC Packs. I'll leave them in a spoiler.

DLC Pack 1:
Platinum The Trinity
Kanji Tatsumi
Orie

DLC Pack 2:
Jubei
Aigis
Carmine

DLC Pack 3:
Hakumen
Naoto Shirogane
Vatista

DLC Pack 4:
Izayoi
Mitsuru Kirijo
Merkava

DLC Pack 5:
Mai Natsume
Akihiko Sanada
Yuzuriha

DLC Pack 6:
Nine The Phantom
Labrys
Mika

DLC Pack 7:
Naoto Kurogane
Teddie
Seth
Heart Aino

Thankfully it seems if you get the 2.0 version on release, it comes with all 22 characters. And remember that Blake and Yang are Free DLC. So that's about 24 characters on top of the base 20 and then with the 9 upcoming DLC. We'll have about 53. That's roughly the size of MvC2's roster?

Oh, and here is Yumi's gameplay trailer.

Seems like she can do 7k solo with meter. Pretty interesting, however I think she'll probably be a mixed zoner. With aggressive options and counters as well to bait pressure and then counter attack with an Aerial Rave. But we'll have to wait and see during CEOtaku. She could be High Tier.

Now onto some Gacha stuff that no one cares about! <3

Dawn of the Breakers had to extend its maintenance three times yesterday because they were adding alternate skins for the VTubers from the current banner. However, while you could get one for free by clearing the Event Quests, the rest are behind a paywall of 150 Premium Gems. Not too pleased with that, but hey ho. I do have two of the four from the current banner. However they're from each Capsule Pull, so that'll make it more awkward to try and get the remaining too. But at least I got two of them.

Oh, and I went back to Duel Links after several months of not playing. And OHHHHH boy, did I miss A LOT of stuff.

For one, they just recently added a new world. Not on the Xyz era, but based on the movie of all things. Yeah, Dark Side Of Dimensions. So far, there's about 3 Legendary Duelists in that world. Seto Kaiba, Mokuba Kaiba and Scud. Seto unlocked by default, Mokuba unlocked at Stage 6 and Scud unlocked by banishing 300 cards from your opponent's deck. :V

...WHY MUST YOU MAKE IT SO ANNOYING KONAMI!?

Oh, and they added in several new BOXes, recent one has support for Magician Girl, Gravekeeper's, etc. So this is going to be very nifty.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Cress! Cress! husbando Frederick is getting his prf/refine in about a week if you still care about Husbando Emblem. Even cooler, it's a sprite version of his FE Warrior's axe~

The batch includes Hawkeye + 2 other nobodies like Lute and Virion.

Frederick's Axe looks like it's going to be a Hammer+++ of some kind. It'd be silly to make it a Brave Axe++ even if Astra+FEW Frederick = Brave Axe seizure while riding horseback. My hope is for something incredibly anti-armor and oppressive vs armored units. They've had it too good for too long. :^)

Virion weapon is called Dignified Bow??? Though it is worth noting that he has the highest HP out of all the ranged units in the game. So maybe they've got a fun HP-based gimmick in store for him? Like perhaps a slightly better version of Bride Fjorm's staff (1hp instead of 3hp) with HP/Atk 2 on a 16mt weapon.

Lute - who cares, next.

Hawkeye's weapon is called Guardian's Axe. So I'm gonna take a guess and assume GUARD is going to be stuck on this weapon somewhere. I just hope it doesn't include solo skills since a majority of the new Infantry hax is adjacent only. Solo skills on defensive units = total trash unless they're just meant to be thrown into Aether and forgotten (like Duma).

All that aside, Blizzard went ahead and nerfed Symmetra even further and Moira's self-heal for some reason. Because, as all you OW-gorls know, they were the most OP and most meta Heroes forever now.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! husbando Frederick is getting his prf/refine in about a week if you still care about Husbando Emblem. Even cooler, it's a sprite version of his FE Warrior's axe~

The batch includes Hawkeye + 2 other nobodies like Lute and Virion.

Frederick's Axe looks like it's going to be a Hammer+++ of some kind. It'd be silly to make it a Brave Axe++ even if Astra+FEW Frederick = Brave Axe seizure while riding horseback. My hope is for something incredibly anti-armor and oppressive vs armored units. They've had it too good for too long. :^)

Virion weapon is called Dignified Bow??? Though it is worth noting that he has the highest HP out of all the ranged units in the game. So maybe they've got a fun HP-based gimmick in store for him? Like perhaps a slightly better version of Bride Fjorm's staff (1hp instead of 3hp) with HP/Atk 2 on a 16mt weapon.

Lute - who cares, next.

Hawkeye's weapon is called Guardian's Axe. So I'm gonna take a guess and assume GUARD is going to be stuck on this weapon somewhere. I just hope it doesn't include solo skills since a majority of the new Infantry hax is adjacent only. Solo skills on defensive units = total trash unless they're just meant to be thrown into Aether and forgotten (like Duma).

All that aside, Blizzard went ahead and nerfed Symmetra even further and Moira's self-heal for some reason. Because, as all you OW-gorls know, they were the most OP and most meta Heroes forever now.
Oh I didn't notice, I've been too busy chugging honey the entire weekend.
ok but if they give Freddy a prf Hammer, can they update Warriors and add Armorslayer to his prf over there? Still kinda lowkey upseT that none of the Awakening DLC weapons had any slayers. Actually now that I think about it, I think Caeda's Wing Spear was the only prf in that game to have Armorslayer innately on it. So yeah, give it to Freddy :<

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Boys, Girls, Smash Players, BBTAG enthusiasts. What is popping?

So I've managed to watch the whole of BBTAG's Tournament at CEOtaku. I was not happy with the results again, but the 2.0 I was more excited for. Buuut, it has been a mixed bag for me now.

Which means it is time to POST STUFF! :yeahboi: I won't go through all of the buffs however, just ones that I think are VERY good and ones that I think are unneeded.

Intros so far:
Nine/Celica:
Nine: Aww. Celica, dear. Promise that you'll never leave me.
Celica: Hehe... Sis, that tickles...!

Hyde/Seth:
Seth: Let's see how well your Insulator cuts.
Hyde: Just watch. Time to go to work!

Tager/Adachi:
Tager: Let's just stick to the plan.
Adachi: Right-o, yep. Roger that.

Ragna/Akatsuki:
Ragna: I'm warnin' ya. I don't know how to go easy.
Akatsuki: I'm counting on you. Charge!

Hyde/Akatsuki:
Akatsuki: Prepare yourself for an all-out war!
Hyde: Yeah! Wait... no, that sounds nuts.

Chie/Neo:
Chie: Time to work up an appetite!

Ruby/Heart:
Ruby: Hey, don't you have any weapons?
Heart: My fists and love are more than enough!
Ruby: Really!? That's pretty amazing!

Yang/Neo:
Yang: Right, let's call this a temporary truce. Watch my back.

Yang/Akatsuki:
Yang: No holds barred, I'm cracking it up to 11!
Akatsuki: Then I shall follow in kind!

Rachel/Hilda:
Rachel: Would you care for a dance?
Hilda: Make sure you can lead us proper.

Hakumen/Susanoo:
Hakumen: I am the cold, I am steel, I am the sword!
Susanoo: I am might, I am power, I am EVERYTHING!
Hakumen: I am Hakumen...
Susanoo: You stand before Takegami-Susano'o!
Both: The end has come!

Susanoo/Hazama:
Terumi: Here's a nice(?) treat for you, Hazzy!
Susanoo: You'll bear witness to my legend!
Hazama: Yes, yes. It's all VERY exciting.

Post-Win Quote:
Yosuke/Seth:
Yosuke: Is it just me, or do we kick ass together!? The speed, the knives... It's like we're meant to be together! We're like... the Badass Brothers!
Seth: (I need to lose him, the first chance I get...)

Here's the rest, but due to how blurry the footage is, I can't read what the characters are saying:
Es/Naoto K.
Elizabeth/Hilda
Yumi/Weiss
Carmine/Naoto K.
Adachi/Hazama
Linne/Seth
Susanoo/Merkava
Ragna/Susanoo
Akatsuki/Naoto K.
Heart/Ragna
Weiss/Elizabeth
Yu/Adachi
Gordeau:
+ His 5B has been reverted to his 1.3 version.
+ His 2A has been reverted to his 1.3 version.

Rachel Alucard:
+ Her Sylph Wind now has 4 bars instead of 2.

Vatista:
+ Can now set Gems like she could in Under Night.

Waldstein:
+ 236A now Ground Bounces.

Akihiko:
+ Now has his Parry from P4A (Counters Projectiles, gains meter from it)

Aigis:
+ Megido is no longer an EX Move.

Ruby Rose:
+ Teleports are now faster.
+ Gunblast now fires 3 times.

Yang Xiao Long:
+ Her j.B can now armour against aerial attacks.
+ She can send back all armoured moves back to her opponent.
Yuzuriha:
- 5B is much slower now.
- j.B loops no longer work.

Mitsuru:
- 5A has longer recovery.

Makoto:
- Not sure what got nerfed, but she got nerfed hard again.

The fact that Makoto got nerfed again means that they really don't know what to do with Makoto, she's also I think the least used character in all of BBTAG, but yet they're nerfing her again and again. She might end up in Yukiko Tier if this keeps up.

Gordeau getting his stuff back is fantastic however. And I'm VERY happy that he's back. Ruby and Yang however... I'm biased when it comes to these two, but I think Ruby didn't need the teleport or gunblast buffs, and Yang having Armour buffs is just. Why?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed his bow isn't called '**** Takumi'.

It's effect would give all adjacent allies Close Combat for a turn.

Cause **** Takumi.

Oh I didn't notice, I've been too busy chugging honey the entire weekend.
I farmed so much and it barely made a dent. Also, whose bright idea was it to have a 3-tiered currency system that gives them out in quantities of 11 Bronze, 1 Silver, and 4 Gold?

On the other hand, I learned that those gold etherwings give 6 feathers instead of the 2 like I originally thought (and allocated my other resources and time for). So much wasted honey...

Also thanks again for that write-up on DL you did a while back, I'm still going back to it as I hit new milestones to figure out what to do next. I think I'm finally out of intermediate and into Endgame. Beat HMS a single time, though it was with a Lancer and Axe bumping my HP high enough and I haven't managed to survive the HP check since.

Boys, Girls, Smash Players, BBTAG enthusiasts. What is popping?
I'm happy with 2.0 so far imo, CEOTaku was a really fun watch and I think it was a good time to jump into the game.

Still a bit down that Rise didn't make the cut, though. Her and Margaret were my top wishes back when the game was announced. With Adachi in the game I think they're really at the end of what they want to do with it all now.

Orrr at EVO they add in Melty Blood, I honestly can't tell at this point. Honestly I think they do actually want to do it, but there's a bad contract floating around that TYPE-MOON signed years back that may stop them.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

Cause **** Takumi.
gorl I think ur taking the blame Takumi meme just a bit too far
did Takumi hurt u
do u need to talk it out
I farmed so much and it barely made a dent. Also, whose bright idea was it to have a 3-tiered currency system that gives them out in quantities of 11 Bronze, 1 Silver, and 4 Gold?

On the other hand, I learned that those gold etherwings give 6 feathers instead of the 2 like I originally thought (and allocated my other resources and time for). So much wasted honey...

Also thanks again for that write-up on DL you did a while back, I'm still going back to it as I hit new milestones to figure out what to do next. I think I'm finally out of intermediate and into Endgame. Beat HMS a single time, though it was with a Lancer and Axe bumping my HP high enough and I haven't managed to survive the HP check since.
Oh you're welcome! We could try scheduling some runs for HMS if you'd like, I run V!Hildegarde (but I haven't played it in a few months so I'm probably a bit rusty).
Anyways now that you've gotten through one of the High Dragon Trials, what do you do with the orbs? Well you can get 1 copy of the dragon fairly cheap, and then buy a facility that boosts the stats of dragons, and.... that's about it. The High Dragons themselves aren't that great sadly, and with how much you'd need to grind the missions out, you should only do it if you really like the dragon or you find some niche use for them. Staff units like the mixed stats they offer, but investing that much into a dragon for a healer is again not entirely worth it unless you really like the unit/dragon. The facility isn't much better. The stats on dragons are really low, so boosting them isn't nearly as much of a priority as boosting your characters' stats. You can get the first few levels of it since they're cheap, but don't worry too much about getting it to level 30.
Maybe all of this will change with the new difficulties coming out, but as of right now it isn't worth excessively grinding out HDT's.

And yeah for IO, I think I spent 100 blessed ashes for it over the weekend. I really wanted to get enough coins to max out 4 dojos (sword, lance, axe, and wand), but I think I barely got enough for 2. And like you said, I farmed for several hours and it feels like I did a lot, but looking at how much more I'm going to need made it feel like I barely accomplished anything. :p You need to grind SO MUCH IO. Also the currencies used to be balanced, but a while back they increased how many bronze and gold coins drop per completion, but they didn't touch the silver coins for some reason...

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
gorl I think ur taking the blame Takumi meme just a bit too far
did Takumi hurt u
do u need to talk it out
But this time it actually is all Takumi's fault. As opposed to the plot of Fates, which was all a clever ruse by the real main antagonist: Evil Mastermind Azura.

Look at Virion's 5* Level 40 conversation:

Archiest of Archers said:
Ah, may I steal a bit of your time, Kiran? I've grown fascinated with the board games of other cultures lately. Care to play one now? Take a look—this board is the battlefield and this dazzling little gemstone is yours truly. All of these pieces—you move them around the board as you would fighters in a battle. Yes, yes... Of course... Very good. You grasp the game quickly, as I suspected you would. But I see that you're not willing to sacrifice that dazzling little gemstone... Who can blame you? It is more scintillating than all the rest! Still, I need to tell you... You're playing that wrong. It's better strategy to sacrifice any piece for the greater good. Much as you could choose to rid yourself of me from your team to serve your purposes. There are other Heroes to bring into the fold. But do I sense...that you're repelled by the idea? You don't want to sacrifice anyone, do you?

Very well. Then as the first Hero you summoned... I will make it my duty to keep polishing myself into the most dazzling stone in your possession!
The Summoner explicitly shuts down Virion's attempts to get the summoner to replace him with newer heroes and to just treat him as an expendable pawn for the good of the Order. In response Virion swears by his distinction as your first summoned hero to reward such loyalty in kind.

Then IS replaced him with Takumi during the tutorial chapter as your first Hero so everyone could have CC fodder. You aren't even meant to use him as a unit!

I just want Virion's refine to make him the most dazzling stone in my possession.

Maybe all of this will change with the new difficulties coming out, but as of right now it isn't worth excessively grinding out HDT's.
I'm beginning to come to that realization, yeah. On one hand I kind of like HDTs basically being bragging rights, like beating Red on top of Mt. Silver; you don't really get anything out of it, but it means you've made it to the zenith of the game. On the other hand, it's a lot of work (potentially needing the special wyrmprint, making a Void weapon) with so little pay off when you have to go out of you way to prepare for it. I think I made a single HDT weapon before realizing that it's only for a single fight in the game and a MUB elemental 4* is going to outperform the 0UB HDT weapon 99% of the time.

In that case I might try HMC with W!Elly and the Wind Sword I got from the Fractured Future event. With the Mini Mids they gave out and a few more Roc summons I'm finally okay with my Wind Dragons and don't really need High Mids, while my water team could really use something stronger than a 2UB water!Ifrit and 0UB Levi.

Come to think of it, a decent water banner will probably be the biggest potential temptation between now and the Megaman collab event.

Also changed my friend unit to a 50 MC Gala Prince, because he fights for his friends.

And yeah for IO, I think I spent 100 blessed ashes for it over the weekend. I really wanted to get enough coins to max out 4 dojos (sword, lance, axe, and wand), but I think I barely got enough for 2. And like you said, I farmed for several hours and it feels like I did a lot, but looking at how much more I'm going to need made it feel like I barely accomplished anything. :p You need to grind SO MUCH IO. Also the currencies used to be balanced, but a while back they increased how many bronze and gold coins drop per completion, but they didn't touch the silver coins for some reason...
I can't wait to finally get a dojo to 31 just in time for them to increase the level cap to 40. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
On this secretly spooky special banner I got:
  • neutral spooky scary skeleton just in time for spookyween aaaaaaay
  • boring and awful Kjelle, everything that's wrong with lady knights in games - she's got it - yuck
  • Fallen Corrin -atk and she's still stupidly OP anyway
  • Eir because FEH felt bad about giving me Kjelle, so now Oliver is double-dummy-thicc in Aether Raids
  • Tsundere Fancy Soren, which is OK if for the dragon flowers and Atk/Spd+
  • Legendary Lance Flavored Cheesecake
What did you gorls get?

Spooky waifu is actually pretty decent. With a Chill spammer on the team, she can just psuedo-Reinhardt them to death. One by one, they fall to the jelly skelly. Having another Eir and not merging her into my current one this time = best thing ever ofc. And another L!Ephraim is lovely. I'd say it was an extremely lucky haul considering I only spent 135 orbs. I guess the game felt super bad for me since they gave me Kjelle after spending 40 orbs first. Even if someone gets Kjelle from a free summon... N-... Nobody deserves that. Press F for them and me, pls. kthnx :^)

btw here is a blesseT/curseT video

Cause **** Takumi.

Look at Virion's 5* Level 40 conversation:
Ah, may I steal a bit of your time, Kiran? I've grown fascinated with the board games of other cultures lately. Care to play one now? Take a look—this board is the battlefield and this dazzling little gemstone is yours truly. All of these pieces—you move them around the board as you would fighters in a battle. Yes, yes... Of course... Very good. You grasp the game quickly, as I suspected you would. But I see that you're not willing to sacrifice that dazzling little gemstone... Who can blame you? It is more scintillating than all the rest! Still, I need to tell you... You're playing that wrong. It's better strategy to sacrifice any piece for the greater good. Much as you could choose to rid yourself of me from your team to serve your purposes. There are other Heroes to bring into the fold. But do I sense...that you're repelled by the idea? You don't want to sacrifice anyone, do you?

Very well. Then as the first Hero you summoned... I will make it my duty to keep polishing myself into the most dazzling stone in your possession!

The Summoner explicitly shuts down Virion's attempts to get the summoner to replace him with newer heroes and to just treat him as an expendable pawn for the good of the Order. In response Virion swears by his distinction as your first summoned hero to reward such loyalty in kind.

Then IS replaced him with Takumi during the tutorial chapter as your first Hero so everyone could have CC fodder. You aren't even meant to use him as a unit!
But if you think about it, we all fodder Takumi off. So Virion may be replaced, but that's only because the colorless unit is destined to be murdered. Virion is safe and Takumi's soul has been sold to give CC to Oliver. You must hurt the ones you love to truly protect them, sis.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
blame•takumi
ok you've convinced me. blame•takumi
I'm beginning to come to that realization, yeah. On one hand I kind of like HDTs basically being bragging rights, like beating Red on top of Mt. Silver; you don't really get anything out of it, but it means you've made it to the zenith of the game. On the other hand, it's a lot of work (potentially needing the special wyrmprint, making a Void weapon) with so little pay off when you have to go out of you way to prepare for it. I think I made a single HDT weapon before realizing that it's only for a single fight in the game and a MUB elemental 4* is going to outperform the 0UB HDT weapon 99% of the time.

In that case I might try HMC with W!Elly and the Wind Sword I got from the Fractured Future event. With the Mini Mids they gave out and a few more Roc summons I'm finally okay with my Wind Dragons and don't really need High Mids, while my water team could really use something stronger than a 2UB water!Ifrit and 0UB Levi.
Gorl if you try going into HMC with that, you're going to be really disappointed. HMC is the next easiest fight to learn, but you REALLY need to prepare and raise your DPS as high as possible so that you can kill ha before the time limit bops you. The 5.3 wind sword has a defense buff which is really unnecessary (unless you try doing some strength doublebuff set I guess?) so it would be a lot better to get the void weapon for it instead. That's especially true if your best DPS dragon is a MUB Roc. If you had a MUB Zephyr or Vayu then you could probably get away with the 5.3, but not with Roc.
I can't wait to finally get a dojo to 31 just in time for them to increase the level cap to 40. :p
tbf if they follow the pattern, the next major boost won't be until level 46 so them being raised to 40 isn't that big of a deal.
What did you gorls get?
I got a Nowi, and then another Nowi on the very next summon. Double Nowis happen to me a lot and always mean bad luck on the banner so I'll just skippppp. Meanwhile Dragalia is giving me so many 5 stars and all of them are ones I don't need. :upsidedown: How do I reset my gacha luck

Also it's October so I have to repost this again to celebrate spooky season

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What did you gorls get?
Overall, nice pulls! I was unfortunate enough to get pity broken by Kjelle on the Soirée banner while going for Berkut, so I definitely know your pain. She's still sitting in my barracks because I have no idea what to do with her. She'll probably get killed for her lance sometime because the rest of her skills are trash. you're right in that her personality is kinda annoying/bad, and her art is gross to boot.

As for my summons on this MHB, I went hard for Hríd because I've tried pulling for him on all of his banners to no avail. Well, here are the results:
  • 3x Spring Veronica (new unit). The best IVs of the bunch were +atk -spd, so I now I have a +1 copy of her and some G Duel Flying fodder for either Beruka or Reyson.
  • 1x Thrasir (+res -def). Didn't want her, but I'll put her on my defense team because I only had a single Duma. She might eventually die for Panic Smoke but idk. I wish it were Pulse Smoke instead because they still haven't given it to anyone other than groom!pent
  • 2x Yune (neutral and +hp). Yune's my favorite Mythic introduced so far, so I'm always happy to pull her. just merging them onto my 2 existing Yunes.
  • 1x Valentine's Soren (+res -hp; new unit). He showed up in a circle with one of the Spring Veronicas. He's not very good so he'll just be SI fodder, but none of his skills are *that* appealing. I'll guess he was trying to remind me to finish my PoR playthrough that I interrupted when 3H dropped.
  • 1x Picnic Genny (+spd -res; new unit). I have so many healers that I don't really need her, even if her sprite and animations are really cute. Brady will love the marshmallow staff. Also wtf are those shoes she's wearing lmao
  • 2x Eir. Mystic Boost fodder is always welcome. One of these will most likely go to Yune.
  • 2x Legendary Eirika. I killed off my original copy of her ages ago to give Atk/Spd Solo to Niles, so I'll keep one and use the other as fodder (for Brady ig? It's the best A skill healers have access to).
  • 6x Legendary Eliwood. wtf he wouldn't stop showing up. I just wanted a single copy of Hríd but Eliwood kept appearing, not that I'm complaining. He's not good fodder so I just merged all of them together and now he's +7 (and my highest merged 5* exclusive) lmao. I guess I should just go for the +10 on his next banner because seriously, wtf is that luck.
  • in my last circle with 6 orbs left, I finally got Hríd (+res -def). IVs don't matter at all; I'm just glad to finally have him after chasing him for almost a year.
  • I also got a few Bantu from this banner! I don't really use manaketes all that much, but his art and sprite are too good to not use. Plus, more male manaketes are always appreciated since there aren't that many of them. I have the choice between +atk and +def, so I'll probably go for the atk boon.
I'm content with what I got, especially considering the number of 5* units I pulled. I think I'm good on pulling for a while now lol.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How I'm going to react when Blizzcon slides in with the Overwatch 2 confirmation:

don't you dare
don't do it blizz
no it's illegal
why would you even do that
instead of just releasing dlc for more $$$ or w/e
what are you doing
this better be a bad rumor
i'm calling the police just in case

btw Cress! Cress! that video doubles as my reaction to your newest video when it didn't include closeups - like full 3D dissections and all - of Lana's ponytails. You had a chance to show nothing but neon colored 80's ponytails and you BLEW IT OMGGG. smh4ever, truly life ruining. >:^(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What is happening Grandia fans?

Wait, no one here has played Grandia. Oof.

Sister is visiting today; it's nice to see her again. And I'm almost done with Grandia now. Got about 8 Bosses left to fight in the game and that's about it.

And now onto Gacha stuff. :yeahboi:

CyberStep have now given us an EX Mode in Co-Op Quests which is super hard boss fights with their own gimmicks and waves. Some were easy (1st Try! Idiot levels of easy) to insanely difficult. I think I can list them all here.

Co-Op Quest #1:
The Powerful Legion

Basically you have two waves to fight two versions of Subaru. One is in her Duck form, the other is in her real form. Except the 2nd wave has you fight ALOT of Subarus. Yes, there is a health bar for the boss, but the fight doesn't end until you defeat every single Subaru. This took me a few attempts to do, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Co-Op Quest #2:
Miko Sakura and The Legendary Risk Taker

This one was the easiest out of them all. It's basically RNG on what number she gets and it can summon any enemy or do buffs/nerfs to the party. Not much to really write home about, other than it was incredibly easy.

Co-Op Quest #3:
The Fastest Girl in the World

This one is annoying. Quite annoying in fact. You have two waves to go through, one is against a Shiranui (Often seen as the most overpowered Hero in the game) and then you have to fight Ayame Nakiri. However, the gimmick of this fight is that she slowly gets a Speed Buff every several seconds, meaning she'll move around more rapidly, making it insanely hard to hit her. Plus, there's also the fact that she has enemies spawning to help her in the fight as well. It did take me several attempts to do this one too, but it went much more smoothly then it did yesterday.

Co-Op Quest #4:
Haato Akai's Savage Neck Breaking Strength

Only one wave against the Virtual YouTuber Haato Akai. Her gimmick in this fight is that she can buff her Attack stat by killing off all the enemies on the field. And she can do this as often as she likes, meaning that if her attack is high enough. She can OHKO you. Though it did seem like she doesn't attack that frequently which I am happy with, it did take me a few tries to beat her. But eventually did it with a clutch factor thanks to someone using Hololive Resistance who tracks the target they're aiming for.

Co-Op Quest #5:
Revenge of the Hololive Mascots

**** this one. You have to fight weird crossbreed mascots of a fox and a bird and you have 200 seconds to beat them. Not only that, they have over 200,000 HP, can summon MORE enemies to get in your way (And even combo you to do tons of damage) AND THEN you have a train of giant enemies go back either on the top or bottom row that do 3k damage to you. AND YOU HAVE ONE MORE WAVE TO DO AS WELL. I did get close a few times... Okay, I got to the 2nd Wave and got their HP down to about 50% and 40%. It's a dumb Co-Op Quest. With 200 Seconds as well, it's insanely difficult to do. Either need a lot of damage or healing or a Hero that just craps out damage to do this one.

So yeah, those are the Co-Op Event Quests. I did get a duplicate Sakura Miko which I instantly used to get my own to +3 Limit Break. Hopefully I got one of the better ones. Doubt it though.

Also, for some reason I came up with some Support for Silver Fang. Dunno why though, but I came up with two Archetypes.
"Ore Wolves" and "Elemental Fangs", which I'll probably post here once I can remember their effects. :secretkpop:

Oh, I also got God Eater 3 now. Though I forgot to change my Codename, but I ain't going through the nonsense of starting a new game just to change my Codename. :V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Another FEH channel dropped yesterday, and to no one’s surprise, we got another power creep hector alt. This time he scores higher than every other unit in the game and gets a free 20 damage within 3 columns of himself once per map bc????? He’s also a seasonal exclusive red on a 4 person banner because they really want the omega whales to shell out that $$$. The new mode does look promising, though.

This year’s Halloween banner is unappealing imo, but Dozla being a colorless dagger is cool. Too bad he’ll most likely be an armor instead of infantry since that's the pattern of these seasonal banners. Free cav archer Rolf is w/e; I just hope he has good SI fodder. Speaking of TT rewards, this past week’s AR rewards mean I now have enough grails to +10 any unit of my choice! None of the units I like are in the grail pool (for now anyway), so I’ll just keep hoarding until someone good comes along.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
See if the school has services for burn out like this. You're going through family emergencies in quick succession and contrary to what some people think of higher education, there are people in the system who aren't soulless monsters.

If you have an undergraduate advisor or someone who helps make your schedule, a talk with them may be a good idea to reexamine this semester's class load.
I've been talking to one of my academic advisors for my major who suggested I also talk to a dean of students and seek counseling. Instructors on the other hand have been a mixed bag. For the most part, I talked to them to let them know my situation, but there is one class that I fell behind in -- missed several assignments -- and is the most concerning class for me if I can even make it with a C. The instructor said nothing can be done and working on previous assignments is only going to put me back further. That class which unfortunately is part of my major requirement is the class I'm thinking of dropping, but I'm going to see how it will go after the upcoming assignment and exam. If both of those go to hell, then I'll drop the class. It's going to make the next semester rougher since I would have to take this class and another heavy projects class which might be doable if they're the only two classes during that semester. Because of how long I've been in university and that I cleared all but one of my general ed stuff, it should be fine since there aren't any classes I really need to take or can take because of being locked out due to prerequisites which these two are for the more advanced classes.

My father's situation is, well, he's home because he wanted to go home after from what I'm guessing, constantly asking the workers at the nursing home if he can go home. So, he told my uncle he was going home this week, my uncle acknowledged his statement, but went to talk to the nurses, and they said no, they wanted him to stay at least a week longer to work on his balance. Apparently my father was angered about this and my uncle decided to compromise where my father could go him if a physical therapist stops by the house. He reluctantly agreed and I'm assuming, so did the nurses. Problem is that my father is what my uncle said to me, likely in denial about his condition after a stroke. That is going to make recovering even more difficult when the person has not yet acknowledged or refuses to acknowledge the problem. It's frustrating and stressful.

What is happening Grandia fans?

Wait, no one here has played Grandia. Oof.
I played, but didn't complete Grandia II. Do I count?

I wished I still had the game, but at least I can pick up the remaster or buy the stupid thing again. I had the PS2 version of the game. Weirdest thing about Grandia II for me and I just learned about this today or didn't remember it until I checked today is that apparently Millenia was voiced by Jodi Benson who was Disney's Little Mermaid's Ariel's speaking and singing voice. Apparently she also voiced Barbie in Toy Story 2 and 3. Sure, there are famous voice actors who worked on games however well-known they are or were, but of all people, Ariel's voice.

As a kid, there were two games that I always wanted to play for some reason and one of them was a Grandia game: Grandia Xtreme, while the other was Wild Arms 3. I'm pretty sure one of them was Grandia Xtreme. Anyway, Grandia Xtreme I only saw pictures of it from a video game magazine where I vaguely remember a character who looked like Ruto and yet, I was captivated by it. At least I saw game footage of Wild Arms 3 on a demo disc and it showed a brief walkthrough or something. The GameCube version of Skies of Arcadia was another game that I wanted to play. Never got around to picking up any of those games, though. I think used copies of Grandia Xtreme were rare, Skies of Arcadia might have been expensive, and Wild Arms 3 I'm not sure.

Back to Grandia II, I just learned that two of the songs from the game are sung in Portuguese to the best of the singer's ability. I heard "A Deus" from watching a video of one of Lucahjin's Final Fantasy XIV streams and she had the song play during her intro of her stream. Someone commented that it sounded like the song from a church in Grandia II. So, I went to YouTube to check out Grandia II's OST and found the song. Today, I scrolled down to several comments and saw that they mentioned the Portuguese lyrics and one of them was the lyrics to the song and link to the wiki page: https://grandia.fandom.com/wiki/A_deus.

Holy crap. I never knew that and when I was listening to the song, I was wondering if I could ever find out what it was and maybe try to figure out the lyrics to try and look up. I would have never thought it was Portuguese of all things. At first, I thought it was vaguely Japanese then vaguely Latin, but nope, it was Portuguese sung by a Japanese singer which itself kind of makes the song sound vaguely Latin or even like another language to some people. Regarding Grandia II and "A Deus", I don't remember hearing the song, but I still find it familiar. Also, it's not the only Portuguese song in the game, there's "Canção do Povo". Wiki page: https://grandia.fandom.com/wiki/Canção_do_Povo.

This is just me, but "Canção do Povo" reminds me of Studio Ghibli films. Particularly, Howl's Moving Castle for some reason. Of those two songs, "A Deus" has a cover that might be closer in Portuguese pronunciation. I do not know Portuguese and Portugal Portuguese, but I do remember some things from a class on Brazilian culture that not sure if it is all words or for some words that end in "dade" like "liberdade" the pronunciation is more like "dah-jeh" instead of "dah-deh" "dahde". Perhaps it might just be "de" as the singer of the cover pronounced the "tade" of "tempestade" as "tah-je". Someone who actually knows Portuguese would be better for this...

"A Deus": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYIDqzTt0w4.

"A Deus" with lyrics on the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgM5Ss0xfo.

"A Deus" cover by Team Friesen FTW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRFD_T-3h0.

"A Deus" also has this weird, apparently official remix called "A Deus (SUNKING MIX)"": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvz7azUMWs. To quote a comment: "One of the most inappropriate and yet awesome remixes of any song in RPG history."

"Canção do Povo": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhruIbjXSI.

Like "A Deus", "Canção do Povo" has a weird, but official remix called "Canção do Povo - Little Shelter MIX": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9-Y9GU9s0E.

For more music, I knew about the Link's Awakening remake having lyrics to "Ballad of the Wind Fish" for a commercial. What I did not know was what it actually sounded like. Both the English and Japanese version remind me of Nier's music, especially the Japanese version which I'm guessing is because the Japanese singer's lower pitched voice reminds me of Emi Evans's voice more than the English singer's higher pitched voice. This assumes that it wasn't the same singer and she just sung differently in Japanese and in English. I think the Japanese version reminds me of "Song of the Ancients - Devola" the most of the Nier's music.

"Ballad of the Wind Fish (English)": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4yXL_N5f_Y.

"Ballad of the Wind Fish (Japanese)": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jm9AV1ZICM.

What did you gorls get?
I summoned Tana as my freebie from her weekly revival banner, but of course there was a catch. She's +Res, -Spd. I think Tana dislikes me. The first time I summoned her, it was her summer self and she was -Atk. Jokes on her, though, because I love her and Maribelle's voice. Completed a full summon from her banner in hopes of getting Elincia or Innes. I did not get Elincia or Innes. Two full summons for nothing except 3* to 4* units I already have from Thrasir's banner. At least I have a +Res, -Spd Beruka now? Also, I have a 5* Virion now because I like making poor life decisions.
4* Beruka #1: +Res, -Def.

4* Gordin: +Res, -Atk.

4* Laslow: +Def, -Res.

5* Tana: +Res, -Spd.

4* adult Tiki: +HP, -Def.
4* M!Corrin: +HP, -Def.

3* Florina: +Spd, -HP.

4* Beruka #2: neutral.

3* Lukas: +Atk, -Spd. If I were willing to merge him, +Atk would probably be better than +Def if I wanted more damage from him. Otherwise, pure physical tanking and not as merged much, +Def would be better and +Res would scale better for a mixed tank Lukas with Barrier/Berkut's Lance.

4* Nino: +Atk, -HP.
4* Beruka #3: +Res, -Spd.

4* Caeda: +Spd, -Res.

3* Donnel: +Spd, -HP.

4* Felicia: +HP, -Res.

3* Shanna: +Spd, -Atk.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is the highest quality ****post I've ever seen. It's beautiful. Now let it grace and bless your lives, sisters. Accept it into your H•E•A•R•T.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Halloween will mark Luigi's Mansion 3's release and I was going to ask if anyone has been following Indivisible, but apparently that's going to be released this week on the 8th, so who's picking up that game? I only vaguely knew about it. The big thing I knew was that Shovel Knight was going to guest star in Indivisible. Then the whole Studio Trigger worked on the opening animation for the game came to light. That was interesting seeing the confirmation after learning about Shantae and the Seven Sirens would also feature an opening animation worked on by Studio Trigger. Anyway, the game's art style and the artwork looks amazing to me. Gameplay is a 2D RPG with platforming it seems.

Speaking of 2D RPG platformers, the news of AlphaDream filing for bankruptcy was unfortunate. AlphaDream was the studio behind the Mario & Luigi games. I thought it was Nintendo or even Intelligent Systems which I think I got confused with since Intelligent Systems developed the Paper Mario games and somehow I thought they also worked on the Mario & Luigi games. Nope, it was a completely different studio. There will probably be more Mario & Luigi games and maybe AlphaDream will survive somehow, but it's still a little disheartening. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was the game that got me to buy a 3DS. I think there was a sale with it and the 3DS XL, but regardless, it was my first 3DS game. Still need to beat it, though. An article link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/mario_and_luigi_rpg_dev_alphadream_files_for_bankruptcy.

For FEH nonsense, not sure why I even summoned from the weekly revival banner with how they went. The best things I can remember were getting freebie Hector? and Tana. The worst thing was Sonya and Saber not showing up on their banners, but instead, Caineghis and Deirdre. Sure, a new and stupid beast armor and another Deirdre, but come on.
4* Clarine: +Spd, HP.

4* Lucius: +Spd, -HP.

3* Niles: +Spd, -HP.

4* Oboro: +Spd, -Res.

3* Tailtiu: +Spd, -Atk.

Chasing after seaweed hair dreams won't get me anywhere. I say that when I feel like I want to chase after a harvest festival princess of peerless beauty. Halloween L'Arachel's chibi looks mad cute, her map ready animation is very detailed from what the FEH channel teased, and the trailer confirms that she's still going to have (to me) wacky attack clips. She has a quick "Ha!" that sounds like she let out a laugh and I loved her "Haha!" from her regular self. I think I just like Carrie Keranen's voice. Kind of wished she kept her lower-pitched voice for New Year's and summer Gunnthra, though. Part of it for consistency since it was weird hearing NY Gunnthra and thinking she sounds younger than her regular self and the other part because I like regular Gunnthra's voice.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait weren't we planning on doing a Social tournament sometime? I was just going through old posts and it was mentioned a few times.
btw Cress! Cress! that video doubles as my reaction to your newest video when it didn't include closeups - like full 3D dissections and all - of Lana's ponytails. You had a chance to show nothing but neon colored 80's ponytails and you BLEW IT OMGGG. smh4ever, truly life ruining. >:^(
Sorry I can only do so much in Windows Movie Maker :(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's cracking demoknight tf2 fans?

I played, but didn't complete Grandia II. Do I count?

I wished I still had the game, but at least I can pick up the remaster or buy the stupid thing again. I had the PS2 version of the game. Weirdest thing about Grandia II for me and I just learned about this today or didn't remember it until I checked today is that apparently Millenia was voiced by Jodi Benson who was Disney's Little Mermaid's Ariel's speaking and singing voice. Apparently she also voiced Barbie in Toy Story 2 and 3. Sure, there are famous voice actors who worked on games however well-known they are or were, but of all people, Ariel's voice.

As a kid, there were two games that I always wanted to play for some reason and one of them was a Grandia game: Grandia Xtreme, while the other was Wild Arms 3. I'm pretty sure one of them was Grandia Xtreme. Anyway, Grandia Xtreme I only saw pictures of it from a video game magazine where I vaguely remember a character who looked like Ruto and yet, I was captivated by it. At least I saw game footage of Wild Arms 3 on a demo disc and it showed a brief walkthrough or something. The GameCube version of Skies of Arcadia was another game that I wanted to play. Never got around to picking up any of those games, though. I think used copies of Grandia Xtreme were rare, Skies of Arcadia might have been expensive, and Wild Arms 3 I'm not sure.

Back to Grandia II, I just learned that two of the songs from the game are sung in Portuguese to the best of the singer's ability. I heard "A Deus" from watching a video of one of Lucahjin's Final Fantasy XIV streams and she had the song play during her intro of her stream. Someone commented that it sounded like the song from a church in Grandia II. So, I went to YouTube to check out Grandia II's OST and found the song. Today, I scrolled down to several comments and saw that they mentioned the Portuguese lyrics and one of them was the lyrics to the song and link to the wiki page: https://grandia.fandom.com/wiki/A_deus.

Holy crap. I never knew that and when I was listening to the song, I was wondering if I could ever find out what it was and maybe try to figure out the lyrics to try and look up. I would have never thought it was Portuguese of all things. At first, I thought it was vaguely Japanese then vaguely Latin, but nope, it was Portuguese sung by a Japanese singer which itself kind of makes the song sound vaguely Latin or even like another language to some people. Regarding Grandia II and "A Deus", I don't remember hearing the song, but I still find it familiar. Also, it's not the only Portuguese song in the game, there's "Canção do Povo". Wiki page: https://grandia.fandom.com/wiki/Canção_do_Povo.

This is just me, but "Canção do Povo" reminds me of Studio Ghibli films. Particularly, Howl's Moving Castle for some reason. Of those two songs, "A Deus" has a cover that might be closer in Portuguese pronunciation. I do not know Portuguese and Portugal Portuguese, but I do remember some things from a class on Brazilian culture that not sure if it is all words or for some words that end in "dade" like "liberdade" the pronunciation is more like "dah-jeh" instead of "dah-deh" "dahde". Perhaps it might just be "de" as the singer of the cover pronounced the "tade" of "tempestade" as "tah-je". Someone who actually knows Portuguese would be better for this...

"A Deus": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYIDqzTt0w4.

"A Deus" with lyrics on the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgM5Ss0xfo.

"A Deus" cover by Team Friesen FTW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRFD_T-3h0.

"A Deus" also has this weird, apparently official remix called "A Deus (SUNKING MIX)"": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvz7azUMWs. To quote a comment: "One of the most inappropriate and yet awesome remixes of any song in RPG history."

"Canção do Povo": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhruIbjXSI.

Like "A Deus", "Canção do Povo" has a weird, but official remix called "Canção do Povo - Little Shelter MIX": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9-Y9GU9s0E.
I have heard that the PS2 version is not good. With bad load times and graphics not looking nice as the Dreamcast originals. But I do recommend the HD version on Switch.

Though I have had it crash on me a few times. Only Grandia II, the first Grandia has never crashed on me at all on Switch. Guess that one was optimised better for Switch. One thing I did find out was that Gadwin's Japanese VA also voiced Squidward in the Japanese Dub of SpongeBob. :yeahboi:

Speaking of VAs, in the English Dub of Grandia II, some of the cast members did their roles for Metal Gear Solid 2. Just a little reference. Skye is Colonel, and Ryudo is Liquid.

In my opinion, 100% completion is getting every party member's Magic and Weapon Skills, bonus if you can get them to MAX! Stars too. So I might as well list every party member's Magic & Weapon Skills. :V

V-Slash - Sword Lv. 1
W-Break - Sword Lv. 6, Mace Lv. 4
Shockwave - Mace Lv. 7, Axe Lv. 5
Midair Cut - Axe Lv. 12, Mace Lv. 10
Lotus Cut - Sword Lv. 12, Fire Lv. 8
Ice Slash - Axe Lv. 16, Wind Lv. 10, Water Lv. 10
Thor Cut - Sword Lv. 23, Fire Lv. 17, Wind Lv. 17
Immortal Aura - Sword Lv. 20, Mace Lv. 25, Axe Lv. 23
Dragon Cut - Sword Lv. 16, Earth Lv. 7, Fire Lv. 6
Heaven & Earth Cut - Sword Lv. 32, Mace Lv. 29, Axe Lv. 30
Puffy Kick - Throw Lv. 1
"Rah-Rah!" Cheer - Mace Lv. 1, Throw Lv. 1
Round Whacker - Mace Lv. 8
Fire Away - Throw Lv. 12
Yawn - Mace Lv. 10, Water Lv. 3
Puffy Fire - Throw Lv. 12, Fire Lv. 2
"Fight!" Cheer - Mace Lv. 8, Fire Lv. 3, Earth Lv. 2
Knife Hurl - Knife Lv. 3
Random Hurl - Knife Lv. 10
Paralyze Whip - Whip Lv. 4
Fire Whip - Whip Lv. 14, Fire Lv. 12
Zap! Whip - Whip Lv. 24, Fire Lv. 15, Wind Lv. 15
Flying Dragon Cut - Sword Lv. 4
Eruption Cut - Sword Lv. 8, Fire Lv. 3, Earth Lv. 3
Dragon Cut - Sword Lv. 16, Fire Level 6, Earth Lv. 7
Mist Hide - Knife Lv. 5
Doppelganger - Knife Lv. 12, Sword Lv. 9
Deathsword - Knife Lv. 16, Sword Lv. 14
Missile - Throw Lv. 7
Fireball - Throw Lv. 12, Fire Lv. 10
Sidethrow - Throw - Lv. 22
Discutter - Knife Lv. 10, Sword Lv. 7, Throw Lv. 15
Demon Ball - Knife Lv. 20, Sword Lv. 18, Throw Lv. 23
Neo Demon Ball - Knife Lv. 24, Sword Lv. 25, Throw Lv. 32
Milda Kick - Axe Lv. 10
Splitter - Sword Lv. 13, Mace Lv. 15
Milda Hit - Sword Lv. 20, Mace Lv. 21, Axe Lv. 24
Mogay Shot - Throw Lv. 5
Mogay Bomb - Throw Lv. 12
Mogay Hypo - Knife Lv. 15, Sword Lv. 10
Power Up - Knife Lv. 19, Sword Lv. 6
Mogay Pickpocket - Knife Lv. 13, Sword Lv. 8, Throw Lv. 18
Redshock - Mace Lv. 10
Enchantment Dance - Mace Lv. 18
I'll also leave in brackets who can learn what.
Burn! - Fire Lv. 1 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
Zap! - Fire Lv. 5, Wind Lv. 4 (Justin, Sue, Liete)
Howl - Wind lv. 1 (Justine, Sue, Feena, Rapp, Liete)
Runner - Wind Lv. 2 (Feena, Rapp)
Crackle - Wind Lv. 3, Water Lv. 2 (Justin, Sue, Feena)
Freeze - Wind Lv. 6, Water Lv. 5 (Justin, Liete)
Heal - Water Lv. 1 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Rapp, Liete)
Snooze - Water Lv. 3 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Rapp)
Cure - Water Lv. 3, Earth Lv. 2 (Justin, Sue, Feena)
Poizn - Water Lv. 5, Earth Lv. 3 (Rapp, Liete)
Stram - Water Lv. 6, Earth Lv. 5 (Rapp, Liete)
Diggin' - Earth Lv. 1 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
Def-Loss - Earth Lv. 6 (Sue, Gadwin, Rapp)
WOW! - Earth Lv. 5, Fire Lv. 5 (Feena, Gadwin, Rapp)
BOOM! - Earth Lv. 7, Fire Lv. 6 (Justin, Sue, Gadwin, Liete)
Magic Art - Fire Lv. 12 (Liete)
Time Gate - Wind Lv. 33, Water Lv. 35/Wind Lv. 99, Water Lv. 99 (Feena)

Time Gate's unlock is 33 & 35 on the HD Collection. Whereas the unlock is 99 on the Saturn, PSX and PSN versions.
Burnflame - Fire Lv. 4 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
Burnstryke - Fire Lv. 18 (Justin, Sue, Gadwin, Rapp)
Zap! All - Fire Lv. 10, Wind Lv. 9 (Justin, Sue, Rapp, Liete)
Howlslash - Wind Lv. 6 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Liete)
Shhh! - Wind Lv. 12 (Sue, Feena, Rapp)
Cold - Wind Lv. 10, Water Lv. 8 (Justin, Liete)
Crackling - Wind Lv. 10, Water Lv. 12 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Rapp, Liete)
Alheal - Water Lv. 4 (Justin, Sue, Feena)
Healer - Water Lv. 8 (Justin, Feena, Rapp)
Alhealer - Water Lv. 12 (Feena, Liete)
Craze - Water Lv. 10, Earth Lv. 10 (Rapp, Liete)
Refresh - Water Lv. 12, Earth Lv. 10 (Sue. Feena)
Tremor - Earth Lv. 3 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin)
Gravity - Earth Lv. 12 (Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
BOOM-POW! - Earth Lv. 10, Fire Lv. 10 (Justin, Sue, Gadwin, Rapp)
Meteor Strike - Earth Lv. 15, Fire Lv. 13 (Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
Star Symphony - Water Lv. 20, Earth Lv. 20 (Liete)
Tree of Life - Water Lv. 22, Earth Lv. 30 (Feena)
Burnflare - Fire Lv. 9 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin, Rapp)
Fireburner - Fire Lv. 25 (Justin, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
DragonZap! - Fire Lv. 21, Wind Lv. 19 (Justin, Feena, Rapp, Liete)
GadZap - Fire Lv. 19, Wind Lv. 15 (Justin, Liete)
Howlnado - Wind Lv. 23 (Justin, Sue, Rapp, Liete)
Fiora - Wind Lv. 8, Water Lv. 10 (Sue, Feena, Rapp)
Protection - Wind Lv. 20, Water Lv. 22 (Sue, Feena, Liete)
Resurrect - Water Lv. 16 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Liete)
Alhealer+ - Water Lv. 20 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Rapp, Liete)
Halvah - Water Lv. 19, Earth Lv. 16 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Rapp)
Speedy - Water Lv. 13, Eath Lv. 13 (Sue, Feena, Rapp)
Quake - Earth Lv. 19 (Justin, Sue, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
BA-BOOM! - Earth Lv. 20, Fire Lv. 18 (Justin, Sue, Feena, Gadwin, Rapp, Liete)
Enclose - Fire Lv. 23, Wind Lv. 24 (Liete)
End Of The World - Fire Lv. 27 (Feena)

One thing I found out is that out of all of the Levels. There are some most spells that are used by almost everyone.
Burn! and Diggin' are the most common Lv. 1 Spells.
Burnflame is the most common Lv. 2 Spell, while Crackling is the most common Lv. 2 Mixed Spell.
BA-BOOM! is the most common Lv. 3 Spell.

And since I'm going on about Grandia, I'll say that I have beaten Grandia. It was great to experience the game again, but I do wish they didn't use a Smear Filter and they reduced the framerate in certain cutscenes and animations so the SFX can play properly. But other then those, it was great from start to finish.

I never did get to play Grandia Xtreme, but I do know of Parallel Trippers and Digital Museum which are spin-offs from the original for the Saturn and Game Boy Colour. And I also found out there was a Trial Disk of Grandia on the SEGA Saturn only released in Japan. I just checked on MyAnimeList for a Manga on Grandia. Low and behold, there was!

Just a small sample of what I found:

There's also ones on Grandia II and Xtreme. I'll need to check these out.

Top Bottom