• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I do it out of habit and I have no idea what, when, or where it started from. Spelling grey with an "a" is a conscious process compared to spelling grey with an "e". Same thing with me using Oxford commas, the final comma after a list, so... There are 3 cars: "a Honda, Toyota, and a Volkswagen" vs. "a Honda, Toyota and a Volkswagen". Most people don't use Oxford commas; I do and like "grey", I have no idea how it started.
You should listen to the song Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend.

I can't post it here because BJN will erase my soul.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah I don't mesh very well in here. Should probably take my leave. Bye!
I will miss ya if you don't come around.

While it does bother me when someone when someone wants to come in here and tell everyone they don't like this place, my place, I won't let everyone else gang up on them and get preachy, just like I have with Spritzee. Stay well Alacion!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So one of my buddies who is a top 10 player in my region really enjoys watching my Zelda. So much that he decided to use her himself and says she's really fun to play--

So fun... he decided to use her in bracket today. He lost miserably.

MFW people die irl bc of zelda
iU2obtB.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I haven't played the new HW

Is Young Link still the best character in the game?
i mean

Volga's still in the game :dog:

Linkle's probably the best new character but she's more "really good" than "completely busted". Old characters weren't buffed/nerfed either unless they snuck something in with Medli, or if you count My Fairy (lmao Wall of Water + Master Sword)

also yeah i agree with pk21 young link hella overrated (though he is p good)

2 C6's can break any giant boss WPG in 1 go (just shove yourself into the enemy, you shouldn't be going past them)
idk he just flies past gohma and phantom ganon most of the time, other giant bosses aren't problematic though I think.

Maybe it's just the joys of small collisionbox + no control stick notches on 3ds

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I learned that, if the sixriver people are right, ROB's Robo Burner is ground invincible on frames 2-4. Why ROB would need to use Robo Burner on the ground and why ROB would need I-frames on Robo Burner on the ground -- could be justified if it had I-frames in the air -- is beyond me.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So one of my buddies who is a top 10 player in my region really enjoys watching my Zelda. So much that he decided to use her himself and says she's really fun to play--

View attachment 108183
Just cut that about halfway through.

"he decided to use her himself"

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Today I learned that, if the sixriver people are right, ROB's Robo Burner is ground invincible on frames 2-4. Why ROB would need to use Robo Burner on the ground and why ROB would need I-frames on Robo Burner on the ground -- could be justified if it had I-frames in the air -- is beyond me.
If it's like Brawl you can get some fun momentum junk from using it grounded. Might be a reason, not necessarily a good one.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Oddly enough, as one of the few non blue names left, I feel like that makes me more important and unique somehow, like the normal colored names are now the more exclusive group.
It was like that for the Robin Social it was pretty amusing to be rare to be common

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

View attachment 108183
:(.

Well, better luck next time right?

Just cut that about halfway through.

"he decided to use her himself"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Might be a reason, not necessarily a good one.
Yeah, like how Rosalina's Gravitational Pull has 43 active frames. Startup is 2, total frames is 44. It has only 2 recovery frames. Before there was Cloud's Limit Break Charge, there was Gravitational Pull for lowest recovery. Cloud technically beats it by having "0" recovery frames and ROB's Robo Burner only has a weird quirk compared to Gravitational Pull's "let's be a hard counter to Ness and a projectile destroyer".

Oh, and there's Roy who has both armor and I-frames during Blazer. According to sixriver, he's got invincibility on frame 9 on both aerial and grounded Blazer, but he's also got armor on ground Blazer from frames 4-10. And then I look at Fire Bird and wonder: "What the hell." No, not, "What the hell?," with a question mark, but, "What the hell.", with a period.

Last edited:

Spirst

PP ftilt/utilt, lots of empty movement/fakeouts, dtilt pokes, and retreating shurikens.

every character plays differently dude. idk

speaking of overwatch, probably gonna try gitting gud with mercy, d.va (ofc), and mccree

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I do it out of habit and I have no idea what, when, or where it started from. Spelling grey with an "a" is a conscious process compared to spelling grey with an "e". Same thing with me using Oxford commas, the final comma after a list, so... There are 3 cars: "a Honda, Toyota, and a Volkswagen" vs. "a Honda, Toyota and a Volkswagen". Most people don't use Oxford commas; I do and like "grey", I have no idea how it started.
I thought grey looked classy, and grey is a classy color, so I decided as a child that would be the spelling I use. I use Oxford commas as well, because I naturally pause before speaking the last item in a list, and I like my writing to match my speech. This was also decided as a child. I made all the hard choices in grade school. Now I just live with them.

Oddly enough, as one of the few non blue names left, I feel like that makes me more important and unique somehow, like the normal colored names are now the more exclusive group.
We're living out the Dr. Suess book on star tattoos.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
what is there to hate about D.Va?
i can see mercy, but not D.Va
nothing

I wasn't saying it as a bad thing - I like D.Va, Tracer, and Mercy myself - I just find it funny that literally everyone I've talked to about overwatch likes d.va paticularly because characters I like aren't usually popular

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Umm there is monkey dude and....

That is the extent of my Overwatch knowledge...

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Fortunately for me, I'm not too big into shooters so I can ignore it and not feel bad. Seriously every time I play one I end up whiffing as much as ZSS on a short character. At least when I play Splatoon I'm rewarded for having bad aim.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm having a dilemma.
I want to play well with Mei, but I end up doing better with Zenyatta. ;_;

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Fortunately for me, I'm not too big into shooters so I can ignore it and not feel bad. Seriously every time I play one I end up whiffing as much as ZSS on a short character. At least when I play Splatoon I'm rewarded for having bad aim.
I'm not into FPS

. . . . . . . . .

is what I used to think until Overwatch entered my life.

:150:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
My computer sucks butts so I probably won't get to play it anyways. The only FPS I was really into was Nightfire. It had rockets where you could control their flight pattern and it was incredible. There was grappling hooks too, and miniature tanks and helicopters as well. I almost want to play it again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Playing some more Birthright, and I now got Lucina in my army (It took me several damn tries to do it without losing a single unit, because I'm playing it on Classic Difficulty and it makes it more challenging trying to get through it without losing a unit... until I get onto Lunatic. :V), and I'll be cracking on with some of my University work. I had to take a photograph of a location of how it looks now, and then compare it to a photo of the same location as it looked like in the past.

And I see more talk of Overwatch... eh, I'm still not interested in it. Plus, I'm rather apathetic to Blizzard.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
A question:

My computer updated itself to Windows 10 without my permission, but there is some silver lining because now I can finally play Killer Instinct.

So should I get Overwatch, Killer Instinct, or ignore both games and spend the money on meat to BBQ over Memorial Day weekend?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
A question:

My computer updated itself to Windows 10 without my permission, but there is some silver lining because now I can finally play Killer Instinct.

So should I get Overwatch, Killer Instinct, or ignore both games and spend the money on meat to BBQ over Memorial Day weekend?
Uninstalling Windows 10 is your best option

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
A question:

Games give you more hours of enjoyment than food, but BBQ is very good food.

i fear the day my computer randomly updates to windows 10 without my permission

also, just get overwatch but BBQ sounds great too~

Last edited:
Top Bottom