• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Im hoping DLC but again its sakurai,
They gave Lucas' moves to Ness as customs so idk if he'll come back (same with Wolf's moves going to Fox). I would be really happy if they did bring Lucas back, though. Lucas and Ivysaur are the only characters I want as DLC. I know Ivysaur will never come back, but I'm still hoping.

I remember making a list of characters I thought would get cut in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4. I'll see if I can find it for the lols.

edit: found it.
List of characters I thought Sakurai would remove in the transition to Smash 4:
Sonic, Snake, R.O.B., Toon Link, Ike, Falco, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer.

I'm disappointed that only 2 of those characters got cut.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've looked at this picture so many times and I can't believe I didn't notice this...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They should've removed Tink and added lucas.
Better yet, they could have given Toon Link the Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Whip, Fire Rod, and whatever else he had in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Minish Cap and kept Lucas and Wolf in SSB4. Hell, give him the Four Sword instead the Master Sword and make his Final Smash be all wacky cartoon violence. But nope, being a shorter, stubby-legged Link with three different aerials and a different Up Smash is enough to justify his design. Meanwhile Wolf and Lucas... Seriously, what happened to Link's other gadgets? Is the Fire Rod not iconic? Is the Deku Leaf not a cool idea? Seriously, man, Toon Link could have been a much, much more interesting character.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Better yet, they could have given Toon Link the Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Whip, Fire Rod, and whatever else he had in Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Minish Cap and kept Lucas and Wolf in SSB4. Hell, give him the Four Sword instead. But nope, being a shorter, stubby-legged Link with three different aerials and a different Up Smash is enough to justify his design. Meanwhile Wolf and Lucas... Seriously, what happened to Link's other gadgets? Is the Fire Rod not iconic? Is the Deku Leaf not a cool idea? Seriously, man, Toon Link could have been a much, much more interesting character.
That's what I'm saying.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey, does Villager's Tree have a lingering hitbox after it's been sprouted? It finished the animation of growing, but ended up killing me.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hey, does Villager's Tree have a linger hitbox after it's been sprouted? It finished the animation of grow, but ended up killing me.
It lingers for about a second after growing, but the STRONG hitbox is when it just sprouted. The lingering hitbox is enough to kill above 100% though.

Same for when he chops it down. The first fall is the one that kills, but the tree is still a lingering hitbox until it disappears. The hit after the first bounce isn't strong though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of Villager's tree, I went and unlocked a few of its customs to see what the hubbub was about them.

That mega tree looks like it's on drugs. Seriously 27%?! I didn't find out when it KOs, but I bet it's really low.

I seriously want a GIF of the mega tree being reflected by Nayru's back at a villager at the earliest possible KO percent--which I bet is really low. P:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Speaking of Villager's tree, I went and unlocked a few of its customs to see what the hubbub was about them.

That mega tree looks like it's on drugs.

I seriously want a GIF of the mega tree being reflected by Nayru's back at a villager at the earliest possible KO percent--which I bet is really low. P:
I think reflected trees KO at like 10%, if not 0% :'D. I know for a fact that a pocketed tree is a OHKO.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So how about Zelda + Villager in doubles? Pocket a reflected tree or pocket a phantom and use the Squall windbox to move Villager's charged smashes. Might not be a bad idea.
Zelda is one of Villager's best team mates for this reason. She's got both a very strong long ranged projectile he can pocket and she can also reflect his most powerful projectile for him to pocket it.

Dedede is also great because pocketed gordos are ridiculously powerful, so is Samus for obvious reasons. Except Zelda can actually take advantage of the Villager's zoning by sniping people with Farore's herself.

Ness is also great because a pocketed PK Thunder heals Ness for like 20% or more. It's ridic.

SO ANYWAYS WHO WANTS TO BE MY OFFICIAL TEAM ZELDA? :'D

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I found some minor things while playing with Farore's Squall today. The main one being that you can foot-stool players off the stage when you cancel squall on the ledge and immediately jump. I was lazy in the lab lol

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I found some minor things while playing with Farore's Squall today. The main one being that you can foot-stool players off the stage when you cancel squall on the ledge and immediately jump. I was lazy in the lab lol
stop reminding me that I need to do some pit lab work <.<

Top Bottom