• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Our Diddy counter has come in the form of Shaquille O' Neil

Praise our new Lord. Our god, our savior.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Didn't @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan explain this like a day ago?
Dammit, Fram.

Burning Spin Dash loses to shield. Hard. And that's about the only true weakness to the move - the jump nerf helps specialized Sonic play to the point that it becomes beneficial to him. I keep my Sonic particularly grounded, so I opt for BSD over HSD.

Last edited:
The CCI's going wild with the Shaq jokes

Burning Spin Dash ain't ****. Shaq can just dribble all over Sonic. Wait no, SONIC IS THE ONE BEING DRIBBLED

Shaq's slam dunk is a formidable frame-1 meteor smash that deals 100% damage. I say we ban him. Why are we going for Diddy? This guy is destroying the whole cast

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Tweaked some things and removed some redundant things (:4diddy:uair is god). Removed Bowser from fthrow on the grounds that we already have Charizard's dthrow for horizontal kills, though I guess Sonic's fthrow is still technically redundant with ROB's uthrow but WHATEVER. MK's nair is really good, I think it's the best nair in terms of general kill power, though Luigi gets to cheat by comboing his off his dthrow.

Regarding Luma uair, I think most of the time it gets silly early kills on stages not named Halberd is because of bad DI. I'd expect most people to DI toward Rosalina's front trying to escape uair juggles, and Luma's uair throws opponents back toward Rosalina, so DIing it like that near the blast zone can get you killed.
I'm pretty sure Rosalina's jab doesn't have more KO power than Dedede's or Robin's (elwind jab kills way early). It might have pre-1.04 but not now, although it's still strong.

Lol forgot Ganon's UTilt. I want to use Mega Man's since it's 100x more practical but I do want to use the absolute strongest of moves.

I'm not sure about NAirs. Luigi's kills earlier than Pac-Man's center stage so unless MK's is stronger than Pac's... I know it is a good NAir though.

Diddy's UAir isn't the technically the strongest (pretty sure Levin UAir beats it) but it's probably the best overall (Dedede's is my favorite though).

Let's just use Bowser's FThrow and ditch Zard's DThrow for Luigi's because who wants to kill with a DThrow anyway?

Can you tech his slam dunk berserker01?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The sad thing? A lot of people on smashboards are not old enough to have experienced Shaq playing basketball in his prime.

They don't even know how broken he was back in the late 90's early 2000's.

The sad thing? A lot of people on smashboards are not old enough to have experienced Shaq playing basketball in his prime.

They don't even know how broken he was back in the late 90's early 2000's.
I still remember that. The guy was insane

No wonder he wasn't a newcomer in Smash 64

I love Shaq, but I remember (@ HeroMystic HeroMystic ) San Antonio has my favorite basketball team (Spurs) atm. AND MY FAVORITE COACH GREG POPOVICH

LOL I WILL REMEMBER THIS

How many hours/minutes until the direct starts for you guys? Just making sure because time zones are my enemy right now

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
How many hours/minutes until the direct starts for you guys? Just making sure because time zones are my enemy right now
It starts in just over 7 hours. I actually hadn't paid much attention to it because I assumed it would be when I was at work but I GUESS I MIGHT CATCH MOST OF IT

Whelp. Stay up until 6 then. I can manage. I had those days where I had no sleep at all *twitch*

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Whelp. Stay up until 6 then. I can manage. I had those days where I had no sleep at all *twitch*
I have it worst than you. It's currently 1 am where I'm at. The direct starts at 8 am.

If the direct isn't good... I'm gonna cry myself to sleep.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Oh my lord the lag in that match was unreal. If it keeps up I'll reset my internet and see if that fixes anything

EDIT: Now there's tons of input lag! brb

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
5 PM for me. The only unfortunate part is I'm leaving to play Smash with some buddies so Nintendo really chose an awkward time to announce for me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm pretty sure Rosalina's jab doesn't have more KO power than Dedede's or Robin's (elwind jab kills way early). It might have pre-1.04 but not now, although it's still strong.
At least Rosa's Jab's reliable. When is Robin going to kill with Elwind Jab outside of a roll read or against Fox or Falco?

If Razor Wind could kill all the time though...best Jab in the game. The threat of dying at 110 from a Frame 4 move alone would be enough to give Robin a lot of psychological pressure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom