• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Usually I go by Japanese pronunciations but for some reason I've always pronounced it "Fah-roar". Weird.

Speaking of pronunciations, how tf do you pronounce Tharja

??????

Her Japanese name is like Sallya or something idk

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I pronounce it Fuh-roar-ay because it's fun to say it like that.

Is Nayru pronounced Nay-roo or Neye-roo? Because I say Neye-roo but it could be either one.

edit:
Exactly how you think it would be pronounced, except the j makes a y sound. So it'd be "Thar-ya".

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wow I actually want to buy a bracelet from this site now

Nayru or Farore? I'm leaning towards Nayru but Farore and the elevator...
View attachment 60940

Btw gorls, speaking of Farore I need to know how you all pronounce it. I had an argument with my friend about this the other day and it seems everyone pronounces it differently. I say Fair-ohr.
Get Din's Failure

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"Thar-jah". Or if she's somehow German or something, "Thar-yah". Maybe "Tharj-ah"? Or "T-ar-jah"? ... SCREW IT! WE'RE CALLING HER "THOR"! NOW NOIRE'S BLOOD AND THUNDER MAKES SENSE! LAUGH WITH ME!!!

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I pronounce it Fair-oh because I never noticed the second R until like a year ago and I don't feel like changing how I pronounce it.

This page steal is brought to you by Faroe. Faroe, the goddess of lack of courage. Not every Link goes out on a quest to save Zelda.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Nay-roo makes her sound like a horse, though.

I'm definitely sticking with Neye-roo.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of pronunciations, how do you pronounce "Koiba"? "Koi-bah"? "Koi" like koi fish - don't post pictures - and "bah" like sheep bahs? Considering Koiba likes sheep, it would make sense; "koi" meaning love in Japanese and "bah" for sheep. Or is it "koh-ee-bah" as in "koh" and "iba". OR is it something entirely different like "Fred"? :happysheep:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The real question is how do you pronounce my name
the correct answer is syphilis :secretkpop:
I thought it pronounced "seh-feh-ler-nine"... SEPHIROTH HAS A BROTHER!? And he has nine brothers... Dayum, Jenova was gettin' it on. Know what I'm sayin'? :p

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
It might help to draw a stick-figure frame to get the proportions down (not that Samus is a good example of a woman's proportions) then flesh it out.
I'm probably just not good at drawing androids/mechs/sci-fi armor. I'm going to try a zero suit/helmetless Samus and see how that works out.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Speaking of pronunciations, how do you pronounce "Koiba"? "Koi-bah"? "Koi" like koi fish - don't post pictures - and "bah" like sheep bahs? Considering Koiba likes sheep, it would make sense; "koi" meaning love and "bah" for sheep. Or is it "koh-ee-bah" as in "koh" and "iba". OR is it something entirely different like "Fred"? :happysheep:
It's Koi-bah :happysheep:

I just picked it because :4kirby: and Yugioh abriged

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh... BJN39... Is it just "B-J-N-39"? Boring... Beh-Jeh-Neh-Three-Nine. Yesh, much better. :p

*clicks display more comments and sees koi fish staring at him with their mouths open* Yeah... time to go...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
omg are you right there
just reminding you that i am right next to crysis who is telling me whats going on in the skupe group how dare you act like my villager is irrelevant compared to Swordfailure
yaranaika swordfighter.png

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Okay so here's my plan on getting a :4darkpit: amiibo

1. Get up at 5 AM and go to BestBuy
2. Go wait there and look like an idiot
3. Go get the amiibo
4. Buy it
5. Be happy and hug it

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Okay so here's my plan on getting a :4darkpit: amiibo

1. Get up at 5 AM and go to BestBuy
2. Go wait there and look like an idiot
3. Go get the amiibo
4. Buy it
5. Be happy and hug it
Good luck gorl. Hopefully your Best Buy will have enough. I'm not gonna do the same. I'd rather spend a little over retail than wait for 5 hours just for one amiibo.

@ Berserker. Berserker. since when do you main bowser jr.
I refuse to say Koopalings
Whenever I switch my second main, just assume I'm just trying the character out
We could also ask @ Berserker. Berserker. how he deals with @Berserk00's Ike.
Well, whenever Ike does a smash attack, it's basically a free counter. Counter lasts really long so it's probably still going to trigger even if it's done to early (based from experience)

I usually avoid going into buster and I try to solidify a stage advantage over Ike by using jump or speed. Try knocking him down or sending him off-stage. Once you have him down on the ground or hanging on the ledge, you can use buster and rack up a lot of damage from there. Smash art isn't really as risky as it seems tbh but it is useless once the Ike player just tries to run away from it. Shield art is useless tho. Smash art is actually useful for escaping the throw combos

So yeah. Abuse Shulk's mobility advantage and range advantage. I never bothered trying to gimp Ike's QD though because there are better and safer options like landing Smash art kill throws or by just countering anything from Ike

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Beh-Jeh-Neh sounds ghastly, gosh no pls no.

I personally have always said "letter names" out as the letters in my head. So I actually just spell out "S-F-L-R" then "nine" @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9
I was trying to make stuff up after "Beh-Jeh-Neh-Three-Nine", but then Koiba posted a picture of koi fish... Why are fish so scary? ;_;

R Greening votes to evict SFLR.

SFLR is evicted by a vote of 7-5.
#justice

Final nominees are R Greening and berserker.

berserker is evicted by a vote of 7-3.
Ayy
upload_2015-7-9_23-35-58.jpeg

@ Koiba Koiba

(ノ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ︵┻┻

but ill get r_greening..(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Shrokaii uses the power of veto on R Greening.
upload_2015-7-9_23-34-38.png
I challenge my fate :^)
thats what you get rgreening
:secretkpop:
Koiba's 13 years-old... I'm calling the cops. Have fun in jail. :p
Nayru: Nai-ro

Farore: Fer-rarr-ee
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Clearly Farore is pronounced similar to Ferrari.

Ferrari's wind wroom wroom gotta go fest

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
There was some talk about usernames a while back.

Basically I had a Skarmory in X/Y. That's it.

Also Dark Pit amiibo. But then again, the people at the Robin social said I should get Awakening.

Probably getting the homie. :4darkpit: #Priorities

Last edited:
Top Bottom