• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Potentially 3 battlefields as starters. Lovely. Especially when we only get 1 or 2 stage bans.
If Miiverse is just a skin of BF with no other changes then it would only be two (but I'm hoping there are at least some changes to it)

Plus having more platform stages are great

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm ok with another Battlefield stage.

I'm ok with any non-terrible stage because Sm4sh is full of them.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
At least Find Mii/Streetpass Quest has that awesome Dark Lord theme.
Waifu. Staph. No one wants to clean that.

Also, banning Find mii? But I don't believe it was ever legal...
Grind Mii = Miiverse stage

Also gorls, if Dreamland 64 keeps its incredibly large blast zones, should it be the stage of choice for Zelda against most MUs? I always thought Battlefield was one of her better stages, and already has pretty lenient blast zones. It might be a good idea to choose D64 as our stage of choice because larger blast zones = survivability and rage = still early kills yass

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lmao @people salty that Ryu is in
He's iconic and fits shhhhhhh
I went from watching the bandwagon to hype
I'll legit use Ryu if he plays like he does in SF
I mean, I always thought Ryu was bland when I played SF, so I used Akuma
But this is Smash and I'd be sooo ahead of the curve lmao
I just want his hype to die down
Ryu for high mid-top tier pay to win DLC pls Sack of Rice
Where's the Ryu boards
Need to start making threads c;

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I hope Zelda 100-0s Ryu
Nayru's reflects Hadouken
Nayru's spins like the spinning kick thing he does, but we have invincibility
Ryu goes "SHORYUKEN!" Zelda goes "HA!" with Nayru's, another hard counter

Also if you typo Nayru as Naryu it's like saying "na, ryu" so that's another plus

Look at that, counters everywhere WITH JUST ONE MOVE, I don't see how this isn't a 100-0 matchup.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's nice we're getting new stages too. Frankly the stage selection SSB4 came out with was a little disappointing even from a casual perspective :ohwell:.

Expected but cool :b:
FD, BF
New and hype :awesome:
Mushroom Kingdom U, Mario Circuit, Jungle Hijinxs, Skyloft, Pryosphere, Orbital Gate Assault, Gamer, Garden of Hope, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Windy Hill Zone, Pilot Wings, Wuhu island
Meh :ohwell:
Big BF, Wooly World, Kalos Pokemon League, PS2 Brawl, Bridge of Eldin, Temple Melee, Coliseum, Skyworld, Wii Fit Studio, Wrecking Crew
Happily Returning :b:
Delfino, Norfair, Lylat, Castle Siege Brawl, Port Town brawl, Halberd, SV
New and lame :facepalm:
Mario Galaxy (out of all the awesome Galaxy stage choices the gate was picked?!), Palutena's Temple, The Great Cave Offensive (too big and confusing even for 8 players), Town and City (basically a SV clone), Flat Zone X (a previous Flat Zone clone), Wily Castle (lame layout for this theme), Pac Land (MS Paint auto-scroller)
Why'd these have to return? :glare:
Brawl Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Congo Jungle N64, 75M, Onett, Yoshi's Island Melee

DLC
Miiverse, Ryu's Stage from SF2 (I think), Dreamland 64

That's a lot of recycled stages.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Grind Mii = Miiverse stage

Also gorls, if Dreamland 64 keeps its incredibly large blast zones, should it be the stage of choice for Zelda against most MUs? I always thought Battlefield was one of her better stages, and already has pretty lenient blast zones. It might be a good idea to choose D64 as our stage of choice because larger blast zones = survivability and rage = still early kills yass
It could be good yea. If the stage is big enough it might probably be our go to stage for the Rosa MU (although she benefits platforms more than us, the larger size of the stage means we can have more room to run around in & like you said we can still kill quite early as well)

New and lame :facepalm:
Town and City (basically a SV clone)
But T&C is considerably different to SV tho........

Last edited:

Soul.

lol you guys talking about wii u stages
nobody gives a **** about 3ds except me smh.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Me going to tournaments in the past and picking the first round stage
>"Hey wanna go to Smashville?"
>Me going to tournaments in the near future
>"Hey wanna go to Dreamland?"

I no longer want to die at 10% from Rosalina's Uair tyvm

And wtf Town and City is VERY different from Smashville

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hi @ FalKoopa FalKoopa
Quick question
If I were to make a Ryu Social thread for the inevitable but nonexistent Ryu board, will it get locked?
:189: :189:

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I know most Palutena run super speed and lightweight but Celestial Fireworks and Angelic Missile feel really good. Celestial Firework has Invincibility and aerial denial is a really cool combination and the move actually feels useful to me. Angelic Missile is pretty much Pikachu's skull bash and kills at decent percents (around 100ish and as low as 70ish on the edge of stages). It is also a nice recovery mix up. Why is Palutena so fun girls?

This is the official Palutena boards now btw :happysheep:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What happened to Falco before he went in Smash 4?

This
Roy's design... Is he based on a mix of FE, Melee, and Awakening's? Oh, and cool, he has Melee's Flare Blade since it'd be freaking stupid and sad if he had the current animation of Shield Breaker. Also, I think, but this might be from PM, Roy swings one of his aerials the opposite way than Marth's, but since Marth's Dair swing was changed in Smash 4, that ironically might have made Roy even more similar. Or it was his Utilt.

My main gripe with Roy was always his voice. He was a badass during victory quotes, but a truck horn and pre-teen in battle. If the old VA redid his battle clips and were more badass, I would totally secondary Roy, but whatever. Funny, I like any FE character who isn't Marth. Oh, and if this is real, he has a(n old) Hector alt.

I also don't get why people doubted and complained about Ryu when the leak and speculators were hoping for him. Another Capcom or third-party regardless, Ryu is the face of an old, well-regarded, and famous fighting game. He, Chun Li, Ken, and Sagat along with even Mortal Kombat's Sub-Zero and Scorpion - they managed to do a DC Universe crossover, so it's possible for them to be violent, but not gory - and if KoF was more popular, Kyo and Iori would have been fair game. Capcom, however, has developed a strong relationship with Nintendo over the years. At the same time, not really interested since I never got into Street Fighter - I like KoF more.

So, 4 DLC characters and only 1 is actually new, Ryu. I can't wait for Ryu to be called a Little Mac and Mega Man clone just 'cause people. And of the 4, I'm only interested in Roy. Wolf DLC after Star Fox Wii U presentation, please. Oh, and a Blazing Sword and Sword of Seals remake please with Roy's new design. :p

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
What I learned in Roll Glory today

Taking away :4ness: recovery and hearing him die is the greatest thing ever

:rosalina: and :4darkpit: fairs are the most jankiest things i'very ever seen imo

Everyone can recover back to the stage in this game

I hate :4sheik: :yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait didn't Fframran not like :roypm:?
Yes and no. I hated his voice in battle in Melee - "HAW! HAW! HEEEEE-YAH!". Victory quotes were badass and between Marth and Roy, I like Roy more, but if Eliwood replaced Roy, then Eliwood all the way.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
oh yes, Worse Pikachu. Count me in.
Will not main Pichu unless it has Heavy Skull Bas----wait DLC characters don't have customs nvm
you know out of all the times you mentioned hsb, I would rather you
Yes and no. I hated his voice in battle in Melee - "HAW! HAW! HEEEEE-YAH!". Victory quotes were badass and between Marth and Roy, I like Roy more, but if Eliwood replaced Roy, then Eliwood all the way.
hmmm I wonder if they will keep him japanese

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
oh yes, Worse Pikachu. Count me in.
Will not main Pichu unless it has Heavy Skull Bas----wait DLC characters don't have customs nvm

:pichumelee:>:4pikachu: in alts

:pichumelee:>:4pikachu: cuteness

:pichumelee:<:4pikachu: everything else.

Hope they bring him back doe. Boy scouts :pichumelee:.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
If Miiverse is just a skin of BF with no other changes then it would only be two (but I'm hoping there are at least some changes to it)

Plus having more platform stages are great
The difference in these 3 stages:

Battlefield: Is the OG.

Miiverse: From the looks of it, Miiverse is basically Battlefield, but pretty in its own way. Center platform has less underneath.

Dream Land: It's almost Battlefield, but we have that light wind gust every now and then if I remember correctly. Also, notice that the top platform appears slightly longer than the ones on the side as opposed to Miiverse/Battlefield. Bigger blast zones apparently. Slightly bigger in general? It's been years.

If Miiverse and Battlefield are counted differently, I'd ban Miiverse over Battlefield for the sake of easier recovery. The main platform consists of almost nothing while Battlefield's dips down towards the center, and it's easier to hit opponents into when they try to get dirty and gimp your recovery. Excuse me, but you don't gimp Zelda. I've actually KO'd people with the startup of Farore's on Battlefield when they get knocked under the ledge and bounce away. :pow:

Last edited:
Top Bottom