• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Size Discussion. Buff?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I haven't made a thread here before, but with all the discussion I've read and been a part of, this hasn't really come up. Unless I missed it, but in any case I think a thread might be suitable.
I've noticed for a while, but especially recently that Zelda's size has significantly shrunken since the last installment of Smash. One of her biggest weaknesses, among many, is that she was very tall compared to the rest of the roster, and seemingly more wide than at first glance. It's easy to land a hit on Zelda in Brawl, clearly. But I feel she has actually decreased in size with Smash 4. Let's look at some photographs. I just looked around for a few, but it's especially the Meta Knight one that sparked this idea into actuality.

Look how thin and even shorter she is compared to CF.

Not only if she even shorter than DeDeDe, but just about Peach's size as well. Thinner than her dress as well.

As a Zelda main, I can safely assume we have all faced thousands of Meta Knights in our time. My god, he is MONSTROUS compared to her. At least width wise, but even height he would be close when grounded. Perhaps he happened to increase in size, but still. Let's look at this awful pic from Brawl I found on Google. It was harder to find comparative photos than anticipated.

Zelda's sitting and she's still towering over him, and even wider too.

Am I reaching here? It really seems to me that this difference is not only incredibly significant, but adds a huge BUFF in that it takes away a huge weakness of her as a physical character.

Would love to read your thoughts on the matter. Happy smashing, Zeldas.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I haven't made a thread here before, but with all the discussion I've read and been a part of, this hasn't really come up. Unless I missed it, but in any case I think a thread might be suitable.
I've noticed for a while, but especially recently that Zelda's size has significantly shrunken since the last installment of Smash. One of her biggest weaknesses, among many, is that she was very tall compared to the rest of the roster, and seemingly more wide than at first glance. It's easy to land a hit on Zelda in Brawl, clearly. But I feel she has actually decreased in size with Smash 4. Let's look at some photographs. I just looked around for a few, but it's especially the Meta Knight one that sparked this idea into actuality.

Look how thin and even shorter she is compared to CF.

Not only if she even shorter than DeDeDe, but just about Peach's size as well. Thinner than her dress as well.

As a Zelda main, I can safely assume we have all faced thousands of Meta Knights in our time. My god, he is MONSTROUS compared to her. At least width wise, but even height he would be close when grounded. Perhaps he happened to increase in size, but still. Let's look at this awful pic from Brawl I found on Google. It was harder to find comparative photos than anticipated.

Zelda's sitting and she's still towering over him, and even wider too.

Am I reaching here? It really seems to me that this difference is not only incredibly significant, but adds a huge BUFF in that it takes away a huge weakness of her as a physical character.

Would love to read your thoughts on the matter. Happy smashing, Zeldas.
I didn't even think of her as that tall when I was playing as her but now that you've mentioned it I can see the difference and it does make her a smaller target. However it also shortens her range (unless they've been given a buff in that department like how Up smash draws in opponents) so it might not be that much of a buff. Good eye though and what's with her high fiveing everyone?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
IDK, I can't TOTALLY see what you mean, to me she looks about the same size.

But hey, if she's slightly smaller, I wouldn't mind. As you said, being too tall was a slight problem for her. But I don't think we'll be able to tell for sure until the game is released.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Not sure about Zelda, but Meta Knight is definitely bigger. You can easily see it in most of his pictures and the japanese made fun of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom