• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda or Sheik against a Samus

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Urgh Samus's sex kick is really annoying along with missile canceling and being able to come back to the stage no matter what. Is there anyway with either Sheik or Zelda to beat her? Also which one would be best to use?

Ares726

Smash Ace
Samus is pretty easy to fight with Sheik. At 0% you can dthrow->usmash regardless of DI. At low-mid percents you can ftilt->ftilt->fair->fair for easy damage. Anytime she tries to grab you that's a combo right there.

Needles destroy her recovery. It's really easy to keep her from recovering by using needles because you can hit her or one of the bombs she's using to recover. Also, once she grapples the edge you can ledgehop a nair/fair and stage spike her.

You might hate me saying this, but anyway, here it is: Learn to powershield! Powershielding beats missles and charge beam shots (plus it makes you feel like a level nine computer).

If her nair is destroying you, come at her from an angle. Uair goes through her nair, as does fair from above. I think you can trade hits with dair and nair, but I'm not sure about that.

Hope that helps you some.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Samus is pretty easy to fight with Sheik. At 0% you can dthrow->usmash regardless of DI. At low-mid percents you can ftilt->ftilt->fair->fair for easy damage. Anytime she tries to grab you that's a combo right there.

Needles destroy her recovery. It's really easy to keep her from recovering by using needles because you can hit her or one of the bombs she's using to recover. Also, once she grapples the edge you can ledgehop a nair/fair and stage spike her.

You might hate me saying this, but anyway, here it is: Learn to powershield! Powershielding beats missles and charge beam shots (plus it makes you feel like a level nine computer).

If her nair is destroying you, come at her from an angle. Uair goes through her nair, as does fair from above. I think you can trade hits with dair and nair, but I'm not sure about that.

Hope that helps you some.
It definitely does. Any easy way to learn to power shield? Also d-throw to usmash ... she sort of turns to the side of me, so do I go after her?

Ares726

Smash Ace
It definitely does. Any easy way to learn to power shield? Also d-throw to usmash ... she sort of turns to the side of me, so do I go after her?
Most of the time you'll still hit her as long as she's at 0% before you throw. I think they can smash DI out of it though. Possibly. I don't know it works most of the time, but it only works at 0%, so not entirely useful.

As far as powershielding goes, just practice. To powershield you press L or R all the way down right before you get hit. That way the shield goes up on the same frame that you would've been hit. You can get a Falco or Fox or Samus to help you practice by just shooting you. It takes a little practice, but once you get it you can negate Falco's approach (SHL) and Samus's stupid MC and charge beam.

Banksya

Smash Ace
samus can be challenging to fight if the samus is really good, but all you have to do really is play gay, once you have a lead don;t lose it. Use needles etc, and grab at every chance. Also remember that they can CC everything into a dsmash or w/e. when you dthrow you can get either a fair or an uair depending on where they go, keep in mind an uair will kill samus way earlier. bair sucks unless they are high enough % to be killed by it. Also when they are recovering, haing on the ledge and try to bair them, or if they are really far out shoot needles at them to wreck up their bombs.

Here are some videos, semi-finals of a tournament in rhode island (SNF 3):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53dhSp5Gy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyV4-xPPIWE

I'm obviously not the best sheik in the world, but somewhere around 11 or 12 best player in new england according to the panelists >_> also the samus is easily one of the best the best samus' in new england, if that means anything lmao.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Zelda against Samus. Her reflection attack can just be wicked and most people don't remember that she even has it due to her being so underused. Just play a defensive game and strike when you have an advantage and Zelda can overtake a Samus pretty easily.

Top Bottom