• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda matchups question

slyque

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've been trying to main Zelda ever since melee, but she's been far to weak to compare to Lucario or Meta Knight. With Smash 4 out, she seems to be a bit stronger now, to a point where she's a viable character, at least against the people I've played with. So who are Zelda's counters and her strengths? And what are Some decent combos with her, in this game?

P.S. I'm trying to stick with the matchups, but I need some insight with this as well. I played with a friend recently, who has been playing smash bros longer than I have. He's a pretty beast C.Falcon, and me and him played 1v1, me as Zelda. I did beat him pretty good, 2 stocked him. And he kept calling her op, because she had much more priority over him. So what is this? Is she actually considered high tier, or was C.Falcon just a bad matchup for her?

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I find that Zelda is weak vs fast characters like little mac, SANIC. or her alter ego sheik. Her strengths would be pressuring from a far and strong finishing moves.

Most of Zelda's attacks don't string up into combos very well. One combo is a Air down smash up but that is pretty much it. She is not considered high tier at all. She is actually considered low tier.

Since she is a slow character it is all about predicting your opponent. For example if they are spamming rolls around you use a neutral b or a down smash since it would hit both sides of you. If they are charging up a failed smash attack you can use up b to easily finish them off if they are high enough or try to get a dins off on them. If they are trying to recover spam dins or phantom slash.

I don't find her grab very useful since there are no grab combos ( i think ) but it is good for creating distance between you and your opponent.

slyque

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks... Only one grab combo I've seen is Down throw and Nair, but that's it...

Top Bottom