• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda is good!...but is it her best showing?

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
So i've been watching some vids as of late, and man, did zelda get buffed form the E3 build! in fact, she looks really good! but i'm just wondering, which zelda from what you've seen do you think is better, PM Zelda or SSB4 Zelda?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Project m 3.02 Zelda is about 100x better. I won't go into detail, but basically EVERY moves' data is far better than ANY Sakurai smash iteration. All of her a moves are great! Not to mention her specials' have way more uses. Though, I DO love the new FW reappear KO-ness.

Don't expect P:M Zelda to stay that way though, just wait till version 3.5 she's slated for HUGE unnecessary nerfs and changes...

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Project m 3.02 Zelda is about 100x better. I won't go into detail, but basically EVERY moves' data is far better than ANY Sakurai smash iteration. All of her a moves are great! Not to mention her specials' have way more uses. Though, I DO love the new FW reappear KO-ness.

Don't expect P:M Zelda to stay that way though, just wait till version 3.5 she's slated for HUGE unnecessary nerfs and changes...
PM Zelda is better, but since the full release SSB4 Zelda definitely looks pretty ok (or at least is being played by players better exemplifying her stronger points). Obviously it's a bit early to decide on anything definitively to any degree, but I would be willing to place my money on her climbing out of bottom tier for sure this time around.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
PM Zelda is better, but since the full release SSB4 Zelda definitely looks pretty ok (or at least is being played by players better exemplifying her stronger points). Obviously it's a bit early to decide on anything definitively to any degree, but I would be willing to place my money on her climbing out of bottom tier for sure this time around.
Nairo impressed me, but I realize that players like Nairo and Zhime are on whole nother level; it would probably take me a few seasons of dedicated play to get comparably good. Where Zelda falls on average in the tournament scene is more important.

Big_Slim

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4076-0803
I dunno, Nairo's Zelda is good, but you can see she's lacking. Does much better when picking Robin.

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
In terms of official Nintendo Smash Bros releases? This is by far the BEST Zelda that's been put out by them. So much better from E3/Demo builds. However as others stated, PM 3.02 Zelda is on a whole other level.

But yes, this Zelda is the best iteration that Nintendo has put out for Smash.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Honestly.

If Zelda had:

-Melee's Fair/Bair
-Brawl's Usmash, Dsmash, Dtilt
-Inescapable Fsmash (I'm alright with it being weakened slightly, since Smash 4's Fmash hits 17% uncharged if all hits connect)
-PM's Din's Fire or, for God's sake, a Din's Fire that doesn't ****ing freefall
-Reduced Nair lag

ALL with her Smash 4 moveset (since Ftilt, Dair, and (situationally, of course) FW are solid).

She'd be easily mid-tier, high mid-tier at the very best.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Honestly.

If Zelda had:

-Melee's Fair/Bair
-Brawl's Usmash, Dsmash, Dtilt
-Inescapable Fsmash (I'm alright with it being weakened slightly, since Smash 4's Fmash hits 17% uncharged if all hits connect)
-PM's Din's Fire or, for God's sake, a Din's Fire that doesn't ****ing freefall
-Reduced Nair lag

ALL with her Smash 4 moveset (since Ftilt, Dair, and (situationally, of course) FW are solid).

She'd be easily mid-tier, high mid-tier at the very best.
With Melee kicks alone she would already be a solid mid tier imo. She gets a better spacing game, approaching game, punishing game, options out of dash... Her kicks were absolutely fantastic.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I hate that they make me play a different Zelda each Smash Bros:
-In Melee, it was all about the Fair/Bair hits.
-In Brawl, it was about Usmash, tilts and Dins Fire.
-In PM, it was about trapping with Dins Fire.
-In Smash 4 is mostly short hop Nayru's Love (I think they call it Love Jump?) and kills with Farore's Wind.

But if I had to choose, Smash 4 is my favorite version. At least Im certain she wont be low tier this time.

Vonn Hennings

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alpha601
I don't know what it was about Smash 4 Zelda, but as soon as I started playing her, I instantly fell in love with her new playstyle. She's not as good as some would want, probably including Nairo himself. I use her and beat the higher up tier characters like LM and ZSS in 2 Stock Smashes, with interference from another player sometimes too.

Top Bottom