• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda is a *****.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Hi snake forums!

Im a snake main and solid player over all, can do everything from motor sliding to C4 jumping with ease. I recently started playing a lot more people online and the one character that I can not stand playing against is Zelda.

She simply... out camps me lol. Her forward B is annoying and I underestimate the rang of the explosion a lot. All my projectiles don't seem that effective against a smart Zelda, because of her down B and keeping me away with the forward B.

I was hoping for some incite or tips from a snake who faces a good Zelda regularly. Or maybe someone knows a good character I could second that is a counter to Zelda. Currently I second sonic but I seem to fair about the same against Zelda's with him.

Dank

Oh and if anyone is down for some Wifi hit me up on AIM or PM me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You need moar grenades. But seriously, just shield her camping, its actually pretty easy. If Zelda hits down B you win lol.

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
lol i think he meant neutral B?
a zelda has to be an idiot to down B and transform. thats just asking for a fully charged RPG

Tyson651

Smash Lord
just run at her and shield when that forward b is going to hit u. then drop ur shield and ftilt or utilt. u can always for see her forward b and mortar slide to her so u go past it. but she'll catch on if shes smart, so just a little.

S2

Smash Lord
Zelda has very distinct weaknesses and strengths.

One of those strengths is that she's typically very good against most camping characters due to her b-move set. If you want to beat Zelda, learn the spacing on her attacks and figure out which attacks outrange her and know their speed.

With Snake, use your tilts (duh). Be smart about your grenades.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I'm having serious Zelda troubles, too.
Setting up C4/mine is pointless, since the Zelda just camps and won't go near it. I can't use the grenades as much, since I'm dodging/shielding half the time.

Snakedashing isn't as effective, since I can't snakedash right through side-b spam. And if I manage to get close to Zelda, I don't have time to set up for anything since I just landed from an airdodge or rolled to dodge another side-b. So the Zelda either grabs me if my shields up or forward smashes if my shields down.

I'm actually a good snake. I have really good stage control and nade use against Ike, who can't outspam me. But against Zelda my game completely falls apart.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Your main problem in what you said is "I also play sonic." Just stop playing him dont bother. The best zelda counter HAS to be g&w. Dthrow+3 dins fire in the bucket=one hit ko. Hes good at pressuring and approaching, so you can stop her from camping.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Don't get distracted and just pay attention to the fire, keep your eyes on her. She moves arms a bit when it explodes so you'll know.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zelda doesn't have too many bad matchups except for people who can deal with her spam like G&W, Lucas, and Ness.

Snake doesn't like dealing with other spam, so yeah.

I'm sure you may know already that the key to winning against Zelda is not giving her any breathing room. If you can get close to Zelda, chances are you will have options that give her trouble.

Farago

Smash Rookie
You can short hop and air dodge to easily go through her forward-b. Remember there's a glitch with Zelda's forward smash, you can stop the knock back even at 999% if you press up on the control stick, with the correct timing of course. Close combat and grenades also work well against her.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
umm I main Snake now, Olimar 4eva!!!1!, but I don't really hear anyone say get close to her. Why?

I played my friend's Zelda and it is a pretty close match the entire way. True, you grenade you will lose, she is better at dealing with that. IF you come at her then the game is more leveled.

A full jump Neutral Air WILL beat a Forward B explosion and continue the hits. It's scary, same with the Down air. Basically giving room is asking for problems.

The only time I ever have room is when I get a KO or get stupid and start throwing grenades by habit. During this time plant C4 and limit the stage or make it harder for Zelda to control the match.

Just stay close with grab chasing and decent ground attacks and airs and you will have an even match.

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Zeldas tough for many characters. Just try to keep the spacing to a minumum. Zeldas keep spacing to weaken you then hit you with a bair or fair and your gone. Like stated before, grenades are out of the question. Nairs really helpfull too cus shes medium weightclass and a nair near the end of the stage at 100% will kill her.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Thx for the advice, Iv been getting better at dealing with zelda's bu|l **** but I still cant win consistency, but maybe thats because the person is simply better then me.

Top Bottom