• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Beat (Ocarina of Time)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The BPM is too high, so the beats don't line up with the pulse of the original song. The original song's in 4/4 time around 60-70 BPM and the drum sample is in 4/4 around 140-150 BPM.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
well sure but it's a remix anyway right? :/
I was diggin it. very chill

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
well sure but it's a remix anyway right? :/
I was diggin it. very chill
Yeah, but a remix and two different songs being played at once are different things. A remix takes the preexisting structure and arranges it. It's never a good idea to have conflicting beats, or irregular pulse.

Not busting balls here; it's just something that needs pointing out.

Linguini

Smash Master
Actually, I altered the the bpm for the original song to 148. you're right that the bpm for the drums is between 140-150 though.

i personally like how it turned out. at some times its a little off beat but i feel like that gives a cool aspect to the track. "off beat" isn't necessarily bad, look at flying lotus lol

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I can agree that offbeats are cool, but what I was hearing wasn't so much off an offbeat or syncopation, rather, what genuinely sounded like two songs playing at once due to arrhythmia.

But if you like it, no one can say anything against that. Just saying for future reference that even though odd meters and beats can sound really cool, they still need to have some kind of accent to be considered musical. For example, some really funky time signature's are out there, like 11/8, but what makes them musical and recognizable as the same song is common ground in the accents of the beat.

Don't take this the wrong way, by the way. If it wasn't clear, I have a profound love of music, and I just thought this would be valuable information for future projects. :colorful:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
so do you mean... like the original? Suited to... the game it came from?

Oh my god, a whole Hip-Hop themed iteration of the game itself
:urg: mind blown

Top Bottom