• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda around stages

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
You can do it on Sky World as well and oh my gosh is it easier. If you can get it consistent I wonder if it would be a useful tactic in teams. Teleport under the stage when your teammate is edge guarding someone to cover the ledge instantly. Leaves your partner open but against characters with worse recoveries it could lead to an easy stock.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I assume you can also do it on Halberd, thought I have yet to try it, and perhaps on Smashville with practice. I can see it being a decent singles attribute. I know Mewtwo and Metaknight do it (though the Mewtwo is more consistent with how Zelda does it)
I see it as a more defensive option, if the opponent is guarding the edge effectively, go under stage and get another chance at recovering. If you get good at it, it could be a really effective mind game: having the opponent guess if you're going to recover on the side you're on-- and prep for edgeguarding, or be ready to jump across stage and attempt another edge guard unprepared.

Top Bottom