• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda and Starfox Newcomers?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
RIGHT.
Seems to me that on smashbros.com, we've got veterans from the following games:
Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid and Donkey Kong. (No, Yoshi is a Mario character. Shut up).
And it would also appear that the newcomers we have are from these games:
Kid Icarus, Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Kirby.
Kid Icarus didn't get represented in Melee, so we'll ignore that. It's a fairly safe bet that Marth will return as a Fire Emblem veteran, as well.
Now, the real point to this thread is as follows:

Where's the Zelda and Starfox newcomers? Where? And more importantly... who?
My personal choices? Midna or WW Link, and Krystal or Wolf. Preferably all four, of course.
Will we see them on smashbros.com? Will they be unlockable?

Any opinions?

Llumys

Smash Champion
Wolf and Krystal will be unlockable, in my opinion. And Falco will be cut.

As for Zelda, I think Midna and (WW) Young Link will be newcomers. (MM) Young Link will be cut, and Ganondorf will return, with his TP design and his TP sword.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting that there'll be newcomers for Star Fox and Zelda, and they'll both be unlockable. Think about it; Ganondorf is almost guaranteed to come back with a new moveset, and one of the best ways to show this off would be to make him playable from the start. (Mario already has their major villian from the get go, why wouldn't Zelda?) And if there's two Star Fox characters in the starting roster, it'll be Fox and Falco. I can easily see Falco's popularity keeping him as a PC in Brawl.

Anyhow, that's my two cents; the newcomers for those franchises will be unlockable and won't be heard about for awhile, and for Zelda it'll probably be Midna, Vaati and/ or Tingle, and for Star Fox I have a feeling it'll be Krystal.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario and DK all have games starring them, but they're all part of the Mario universe. So Wario is "technically" the Mario newcomer.

As for Zelda and Starfox... it's pretty much between Midna and Tingle for Zelda, and Falco (with a Luigified moveset), Krystal and Wolf for Starfox (probably two of the three in the latter). There's other choices, of course, but these are pretty much the most popular choices.

And Zero Suit Samus is more or less a new moveset for Samus, rather than a full-blown new character. So, if you want to get technical, we also need a new character for the Metroid series, which will probably be Ridley (there's really no other character major enough to be rep'd).

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
My Words:

Falco. Ganondorf. StarWolf. Majora's Mask(Skullkid). General Scales.

I know Majora and Scales are long shots but just think about it. Wouldn't they make great fighters? Scales has a short blade and a claw thing, and Majora has a bunch of evil magic.

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I'd like to see Vaati join the Zelda cast. I feel he's earned it. Plus, I'd love to see him done Twilight Princess style to match the others.

For Starfox, I'm torn. I like Wolf more as a character, but don't feel he adds the variety to the cast, and would thus have to fall back on Krystal.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'd like to see zant as a zelda newcomer. :) i could see midna being by link's side during battle or something, but definitely not playable. and btw, falco would NEVER get cut in place of krystal or wolf. never.

i would hate to see WW link in brawl.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Midna is a NO. PLEASE NO. Krystal? NO. except I'm sure it's almost inevitable, so whatever. I want Falco back first, Wolf would be cool, and no one thinks so but me, but Slippy would rock. Krystal just sucks.
As for a new Zelda Character, the only one I think I would like is Cel Link. I think one must come, so I hope its him, and not Midna, or Midna/wolf.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ha General Scales!? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I would like to see Midna, why do we need a powerpuff Link? why do we need 2 links aniway? Besides, Midna>Zant, And Krystal is a given aniway.

And you're ******** if you think Slippy would be better than Krystal, WTF.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'd rather Midna's true princess form with an array of magic based off Twili sh-t than her sh-tty looking imp form.

But other than that, I would really love to see Vaati if anything. He could be a really swift character, and his wind theme would be really original compared to a dull character like Zant.

As for Star Fox, I only want to see Wolf and Krystal, and that's it.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Ha General Scales!? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I would like to see Midna, why do we need a powerpuff Link? why do we need 2 links aniway? Besides, Midna>Zant, And Krystal is a given aniway.

And you're ******** if you think Slippy would be better than Krystal, WTF.
LOL Okay, okay. I know. Laugh all you want at my General Scales idea. (I laugh at it too), I just think he'd make a good fighter... (probably not for Brawl). Who knows maybe he'll be an AT or something.

But can you imagine? What if for some bizarre reason both General Scales and Slippy both made it and fought each other. LOL!

Never will happen.

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
As for Zelda, I think Midna and (WW) Young Link will be newcomers. (MM) Young Link will be cut, and Ganondorf will return, with his TP design and his TP sword
i agree with this exept midna<Zant

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
They should keep the additional Zelda inclusions down to either Ralph or Vaati and maybe Midna (with or without Wolf Link) and as far as Starfox is concerned, all they really need to add is Krysta, IMO - although Wolf would be nice too.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
So, if we assume that all the characters we've seen are starters, do we think that Zelda and Starfox will get starter newcomer?

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi is not a Mario character.

As far as Smash is concerned, Yoshi is a Yoshi character, not a Mario character.

Wolf will likely be the Starfox Newcomer... although I'd like to see Leon too. Panther has only been in two games, so no.

Midna and Wolf Link would be the Zelda newcomer. Either them or Tingle.

Top Bottom