• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda and Link: Will Twilight Change Things?

Truce

Smash Cadet
With their character model changes in Brawl, so as to be up to date with Twilight Princess, will Link and Zelda have any major changes? I was thinking that Shiek would be completely removed (duh), seeing as there is no Shiek in TP. But on top of that , would Link be *gasp* able to transform into a wolf?

Obviously some moves would have to be changed or removed to make way for this new wolfiness, but I think it would still be mega-awesome. Opinions?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think link will stay very similar to how he played in melee with some minor tweaking to adjust to the enviroment of brawl. and i could definitly see wolf link as an AT, also i don't know about shiek, they could give her a graphic update or remove her completely, its up in the air atm

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I dont think theyll abandon all the Sheik fans and I do think I read somewhere that Sheik and Ganondorf are gunna be in Brawl by Miyamoto(or something like that)....

just because they look like their TP selves doesnt mean they will have everything from TP to the T...Din's Fire and Farore's Wind for example...were never used by Zelda in TP....you only see Zelda twice in the entire game if memory serves me right...

Truce

Smash Cadet
I know I definitely don't want to have Wolf Link as an AT, it would mess me up to have Wolf Link included while not actually being Link. Having Link and Wolf Link on the same screen, and not both being playable would just be odd as hell.

But this also begs the question: how would a TP Link's attacks change? Would the clawshot replace the hookshot? Will the boomerang be the Gale Boomerang? I don't see why Nintendo is making Link look like his TP self if nothing's going to change.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well lets see..

They easily throw Sheik in even with Zelda as her TP form.

I don't think Link can transform, he'll be similar with a few adjustments.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i ope they leave link the same, with the possible exception of being able to combine bombs and arrows to make...wait for it...BOMB ARROWS!!! that'd be schweet. also, the only zelda move 'confirmed' is farore's wind. light arrows would be a better neutral B. then her down B could be something more akin to din's fire the way link uses it in OoT. hawtness.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Doubt Link will be able to transform, but I can say I HIGHLY think Zelda can.
If not though hopefully Zelda will have a great Down+B move.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
i ope they leave link the same, with the possible exception of being able to combine bombs and arrows to make...wait for it...BOMB ARROWS!!! that'd be schweet. also, the only zelda move 'confirmed' is farore's wind. light arrows would be a better neutral B. then her down B could be something more akin to din's fire the way link uses it in OoT. hawtness.
Bomb Arrows?
Dukes of Hazzard Dynamite Arrows?
DUKES OF HAZZARD CONFIRMED... Wait wrong thread.

Bomb arrows.. not bad, but I think it would be too long of a start up (take out bomb then charge up arrow) I think throwing the bombs are good enough.

Maybe like a Batman Batarang (Spelling?) that replaces his boomerang and explodes :p

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Bomb Arrows?
Dukes of Hazzard Dynamite Arrows?
DUKES OF HAZZARD CONFIRMED... Wait wrong thread.

Bomb arrows.. not bad, but I think it would be too long of a start up (take out bomb then charge up arrow) I think throwing the bombs are good enough.

Maybe like a Batman Batarang (Spelling?) that replaces his boomerang and explodes :p
obviously they'd have to compensate the long startup with good knock back or something. probably be used more effectively as an edge guarding technique perhaps. his boomerang will probably be the Gale Boomerang from TP. whether this would just be aesthetic, or it could actually pick up and carry items as it does in TP is anyone's guess. it'd be funny if he picked up a bomb, but then it didn't hit anything in flight and came back to link......and boom.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Like i tell everyone else:

Honestly, why would it?

They simply look different. It's the same Link and the Same Zelda we've known for ages - don't worry about it.

Truce

Smash Cadet

Honestly, why would it?

They simply look different. It's the same Link and the Same Zelda we've known for ages - don't worry about it.
If I had to guess, I'd say you've never played TP. Thing is, TP was different, and if this isn't the old OoT Link, there's something afoot. It's been OoT Link since SSB's creation, up until now, which definitely says something.

I really only worry about it at all because Wolf Link would rawk. :grin:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

Honestly, why would it?

I argee. Oh, and chances are Shiek and Ganondorf are coming back due to that interview in IGN about them. Oh, and Link isn't turning into a wolf in this game.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
If Sheik is taken out or made as a seperate character, I can see the Light Arrows as Zelda's Down B, or Standard B and Nabooru's Loves (bad spelling) as her Down B.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
If I had to guess, I'd say you've never played TP. Thing is, TP was different, and if this isn't the old OoT Link, there's something afoot. It's been OoT Link since SSB's creation, up until now, which definitely says something.

I really only worry about it at all because Wolf Link would rawk. :grin:
lol but perhaps you don't know the lore?

Link in TP is a reincarnation of every other Link ever; basically it's the same Link in essence every time. He's got the same humble personality, and he's got an upgraded body to boot. He's still Link no matter how you look at it, and if you're going argue that you're pretty clueless.

TP is the recent representation that they chose to go with, to keep with the times, but I don't think they'd totally shaft characters like Shiek simply because of newer games. If you look at the TP Link in Brawl his hair color is more blonde than the actual TP Link. A shout out to OoT Link?

Another thing is that it's been the OoT link for the others because there was no other Link at the time. Young Link was making his scene with games like Majora's mask, the hendheld titles, and even Wind Waker Link is a branch off of him. They included yong Link in Melee, but they still didn't get rid of OoT Link.

And honestly? There isn't much difference between OoT Zelda and TP Zelda. They're still the same core-characters. They simply have subtle asthetic make-overs. It really isn't out of the question for Zelda to keep the Shiek transformation.

If I were Sakurai, I really wouldn't want to complicate things anyway.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Link's Forward Smash looks verrrry different from the start up, so maybe it's a new Smash?
if you look carefuly in the E3 trailer, you will see link perform his standard forward smash just like from melee. but this is a completly new move; it doesnt replace any of his old moves as they are accounted for. it may be the 'mortal draw' move from TP, the startup fits the animatian. it may be that a diagonal smash has been added as was posted earlier.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
If Sheik is taken out or made as a seperate character, I can see the Light Arrows as Zelda's Down B, or Standard B and Nabooru's Loves (bad spelling) as her Down B.
That's not just bad spelling- you've butchered Zelda language. It's Naryu's Love.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Yes, Twilight HAS changed Brawl.
I really hope that Link or Zelda don't transform.
If Wolf Link is going to be playable, he will hopefully be ridden by Midna.
I don't think that Sheik being implemented into Twilight Zelda would be good, I mean, it just wouldn't work for me.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Well art style wise the Zelda team will most likely have everything off of Twilight Princess. As for attacks or abilities those can be taken from any game they have appeared in. Why else would Zelda still have Din's Fire?

Sheik is questionable... I wouldn't mind if she became a Final Smash. That way people would demand Final's to appear in tournaments so they can be Sheik. And with Final's more characters will be balanced.

Top Bottom