• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Amiibo looks terrible

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
that "detail" idk i might get one too even though :/

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
Nintendo's never been the absolute best when it comes to figurines, and that shows, unfortunately. But I don't care. As long as she is sturdy, then all is fine. Either way, I'm still getting one since Zelda has been by main since Melee.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
It's frustrating, considering how well they nailed Peach's amiibo.

Who, for some reason, isn't wearing any undergarments.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
The Zelda amiibo has already learned Farore's Elevator! By like level 3. She is about level 30 now but for some reason she keeps wanting to use Up Smash. So does the Link amiibo, for that matter, so it must just be an amiibo thing...

EDIT: And before anyone complains too much about the paint job here, first check out the face on this gremlin (I impulse bought one of those green eggs from GameStop).

Attachments

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Omfg that kid Zelda HAHAHAHAHA.

I HAVE THAT EXACT SAME FIGURINE! And also the one from Skyward Sword with dettachable legs. I'll try to post a picture at some point.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I had been hoping for the Skyward Sword Zelda... I could see through the little air holes (?) that there was some pink in there, so I knew it wasn't Link, but I dreaded that it might be OOT Kid Zelda, and alas... 'twas.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah the eyes are the worst. The pre-release pictures made us think it was the hair that was off (and it is) but those eyes have been through some stuff. Zelda amiibo has seen the past, present, and future of her competitive viability and she is broken because of it.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I had been hoping for the Skyward Sword Zelda... I could see through the little air holes (?) that there was some pink in there, so I knew it wasn't Link, but I dreaded that it might be OOT Kid Zelda, and alas... 'twas.
Well, If by any chance you go to San Diego Comic Con next year, I can take it with me and give it to you! I'm gonna be touring the US sometime around July next year, but I don't think I'll go out of the West Coast. Except for maybe Vegas but I'm still not sure.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I have Zelda, and I love it. I think it looks really good.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I noticed the turd socks when amiibo were first unveiled at e3. hadnt seen one on person but id imagine it looks worse in person then these pics. As much as i love Zelda... and as much as I want to marry her and have lesbian babies with her. I cant say i want this sitting on my shelf next to any of my Real Action heroes,or GoodSmiles.. :( The dress and arms are well done though.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I've seen some Peach Amiibo and she was looking pretty good actually...unlike Zelda.

But I was pretty surprised at the size. I thought they would be bigger... Maybe it's bc everyone has been posting zoomed in pictures ?

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I don't really notice the turd socks with my amiibo.

I do notice that she is still experimenting with her Up B. I got mine to level 50 and it's pretty solid with the exception of how it still uses really bad teleports... mostly the ones that she uses to go straight up while already standing on the stage, and porting completely nowhere trying to snap a ledge that she can't reach. (Think Hyrule Temple bottom platform, trying to port to grab the far right ledge.)

It was a gift to me, but it was still $12 itself. Well worth the cost. I'm gonna buy more for my friend... really excited for all the FE characters as I am a huge FE junkie, and I would also like a Ganon one.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
im gonna buy one and get my artistic sister to mod it.

Man that hair is so bad though, like :cry:

Edit: Okay so I bought one and its so much tinier than I thought. It's actually not that bad.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
The Zelda amiibo has already learned Farore's Elevator! By like level 3. She is about level 30 now but for some reason she keeps wanting to use Up Smash. So does the Link amiibo, for that matter, so it must just be an amiibo thing...

EDIT: And before anyone complains too much about the paint job here, first check out the face on this gremlin (I impulse bought one of those green eggs from GameStop).
Those eyes, I see murder in them, murder!

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
First I refused to pick up any information about those silly Amiibos, because heck, I'm not gonna throw any more money down their throat, specifically not for those cringeworthy little statues like some nerd.

...impulse bought Zeldamiibo after not finding a Bowser after 15 minutes of stage-diving into a huge bargain bin. Returned home to learn that he's coming in two weeks from now :c
That Zelda is still royally kicking my butt but one day I'm gonna show her who's the king. The figure still looks silly next to the awesome Peach, but arguably better than Bowser...

Wait, how did I end up with four - five if Rosaluma ever gets available to the non-US world - of those hateworthy toys?! Screw you and your brainwashing marketing, Nintendoh!

Top Bottom