• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda´s 30%+ Combo!

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
Hello people! While messing around with Zelda in training mode I found out that it was possible to do a down-throw back-air combo with her. However, after more testing, I came up with the conclusion that you could add in an up tilt in there too (keep in mind that this combo is easier to perform without the up tilt but gives you less damage in return).

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
This attack combo is always the on I try and go for when I play as Zelda, but the opponent seems to expect it at least 75% of the time (from my experience using it) When I do get it though, IT'S GREAT! Sometimes I mess up her side air kick, but when it lands it's a very effective technique!

I wonder if before the side air you could add in a standard air move and then go in for the kick maybe?

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
This attack combo is always the on I try and go for when I play as Zelda, but the opponent seems to expect it at least 75% of the time (from my experience using it) When I do get it though, IT'S GREAT! Sometimes I mess up her side air kick, but when it lands it's a very effective technique!

I wonder if before the side air you could add in a standard air move and then go in for the kick maybe?
Another possibility to this is down throw, then n-air and then back air. This is used a lot (in my experience) and I've never seen anyone else use this one so I posted it.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
@ Conradical Conradical Ah okay cool! I hope people like you keep finding Zelda potential combos cuz she definitely has power to be great in ways. . . and deserves to be as well :)

Last edited:

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
@ Conradical Conradical Ah okay cool! I hope people like you keep finding Zelda potential combos cuz she definitely has power to be great in ways. . . and deserves to be as well :)
I actually just posted a video on my YouTube channel with more Zelda combos. Here it is:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Sorry to burst your bubble on this, but any of the Lightning kick related combos are not fully guaranteed. (Especially on anyone other than Bowser.) If the opponent jumps or air dodges quick enough, then the kick is lost. :c

Though, it has been shown that Zelda still has a good chance at getting damage off of Dthrow by mixing up three different options based on the opponent's reaction.

first, depending on if they DI in or at all, NAir is very fast and reliable at catching them.

Second is UAir. It can catch jumpers and has better vertical range.

Third is a tough Airdodge read. This is where you simply jump without attacking, and if they Airdodge, you can hit them during end lag with a well-timed kick. I should also note that if they DI it behind Zelda (AKA, away.) you can make the lightning kick read easier.

You'll have to be careful though, as these three option don't cover every type of reaction. Once an opponent takes too much percent, all of these can be escaped if the opponent is willing to use their second jump. Do note though that this can put them in a riskier situation when tying to land. ;)

I hope this helps! ^ ^

Last edited:

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
Sorry to burst your bubble on this, but any of the Lightning kick related combos are not fully guaranteed. (Especially on anyone other than Bowser.) If the opponent jumps or air dodges quick enough, then the kick is lost. :c

Though, it has been shown that Zelda still has a good chance at getting damage off of Dthrow by mixing up three different options based on the opponent's reaction.

first, depending on if they DI in or at all, NAir is very fast and reliable at catching them.

Third is a tough Airdodge read. This is where you simply jump without attacking, and if they Airdodge, you can hit them during end lag with a well-timed kick. I should also note that if they DI it behind Zelda (AKA, away.) you can make the lightning kick read easier.

You'll have to be careful though, as these three option don't cover every type of reaction. Once an opponent takes too much percent, all of these can be escaped if the opponent is willing to use their second jump. Do note though that this can put them in a riskier situation when tying to land. ;)

I hope this helps! ^ ^
Thanks for the clarification!

jclittle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jiggywiggy
From my experience an Uair has worked more often than a Bair. Maybe it's just who I play with, but they tend to expect a Bair from that.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I don't know if they're guaranteed or not (or at what percents), but I've had more luck reliably stringing together grounded dair > bair (also have done with fair before but much less often) and grounded dair > upair than down throw > bair or upair. It seems the stun from bouncing off the stage may leave them unable to DI away at certain percents. They also do 30%+ and seem to be harder to DI at KO percents.

Grounded dair > upsmash also seems to work reliably at lower-mid percents.

samster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamHdez
Nairs and Uairs are mostly what I use for characters who aren't very floaty. And, for the most part, it seems to work very well. For some reason, I tend to hit Marths with Bairs a lot more often than anyone. Haha. But it's also about conditioning your opponent... Once you've grabbed your opponent maybe 2 or 3 times, it's a natural, human reaction to think "Oh, here comes the nair, uair, bair, etc, so I must air dodge!" so from that point, just wait and punish accordingly. It works a lot more often than you think! GO PSYCHOLOGY.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
there is one cool combo which is tricky to pull off but it's possible, i managed to do it on mario, shulk, link, and cf but im sure it may work on other chars. i also only used it when they were at very low percent from 0 to like 20

it's dthrow ->nair-> nair -> nair until their over the edge then dair! though they'lll be mostly able to recover due to the damage being really low so dair wont kill'em

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777

I hope this helps! ^ ^
dthrow to sweetspot fair/bair worked on Link at 58% while i was just ****ing around
true combo according to training mode. 26 damage.

not sure if you meant "fully guaranteed" considering DI but yeah it worked as a true combo, and IMO there's enough time to react to your opponents DI to follow up correctly

edit: of course considering DI you probably can't sweetspot it but i'd imagine you could with uair, that seems to be a true combo at almost any percent

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
dthrow to sweetspot fair/bair worked on Link at 58% while i was just ****ing around
true combo according to training mode. 26 damage.

not sure if you meant "fully guaranteed" considering DI but yeah it worked as a true combo, and IMO there's enough time to react to your opponents DI to follow up correctly

edit: of course considering DI you probably can't sweetspot it but i'd imagine you could with uair, that seems to be a true combo at almost any percent
they can just tech the ground bounce ._.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
SSFF Nair-Uthrow-FH Dair-FF Nair-Dthrow-FH Nair-Rising Bair/Fair

DI dependent string on Bowser doing around 60%, I know nair lags on landing but considering how little it pops them up they usually just pull up their shield as they land allowing a grab.

EDIT:

SHFF Nair-Uthrow-FH Dair-FF Nair-Uthrow-Uair for arlund 55% on anyone, seems pretty reliable too and I'd do this even in Bowser instead of the above.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
SSFF Nair-Uthrow-FH Dair-FF Nair-Dthrow-FH Nair-Rising Bair/Fair

DI dependent string on Bowser doing around 60%, I know nair lags on landing but considering how little it pops them up they usually just pull up their shield as they land allowing a grab.

EDIT:

SHFF Nair-Uthrow-FH Dair-FF Nair-Uthrow-Uair for arlund 55% on anyone, seems pretty reliable too and I'd do this even in Bowser instead of the above.
i dont think your combos would work on real people. up throw can be jumped out of, it doesnt have enough hitstun to be a combo throw like dthrow

Top Bottom