• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zapdos

D

Deleted member

reserved for later. will add 1 set for now.

[Scarfdos]
Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Pressure: Timid
4 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
Thunderbolt
Heatwave
HP Ice/Grass 70
U-turn

[IVs]

30 Attack and 30 Defense for HP Ice 70, 30 Attack and 30 Special Attack for HP Grass 70

[Set Description]

This Zapdos set functions equally well in all stages of the game, being an amazing starter and an amazing sweeper at any point in the battle. This Zapdos sports 492 Speed as a speed natured base 100 with Scarf. This out speeds almost any common threats, including neutral natured base 110 scarfers (478) and beats all Dragon Dance users after 1 use except speed natured Salamence (ties at 492). This set also sports 349 Special Attack, which is enough to 2HKO many Pokemon relying on their bulkiness. This works particularly well as a starter, able to 2HKO suicide leads on the 2nd turn, avoiding things like Azelf Explosion or any hit from Aerodactyl. Should you fear a counter, simply U-turn out instead to maintain the advantage. Many pokemon simply have no way to deal with this.

[Extra Options]

None really worth mentioning. HP Grass is a viable option over Ice, but Ice seems to function better.

[EVs]

Simply max Speed and Special Attack. IVs are 30 for Attack and Defense to supply optimal potential down to the point while maintaining a legitimate PID combination with Hidden Power Ice. The alternative for HP Grass also has one legitimate PID combination.

[Troublesome Pokemon]

Stay away from anything with Ice Shard. While Zapdos has a good chance of beating anything 1 vs 1, it loses much of it's ability as a counter at half health without Wish support. Beware Heatran switch-ins with Heatwave. Luckily, Heatran can be dealt with easily if it switches into thunderbolt instead, as you are guaranteed to out speed all versions and threaten a 2HKO. Stealth Rock support helps greatly for this.

Keep in mind that all counters are no longer counters if they switch into a U-turn.

ss118

Smash Master
Assuming it's fine to post in here, since I saw people post in the Raikou one, I think the three main sets should be:

1) Sweeper. Just Heat Wave gives it enough options to now hit the majority of pokemon super-effective, and with LO/ Expert Belt it is a major threat.

2) Baton Passer. It's bulk is often overlooked and it can be played in a similar fashion with any other set, but it has the option of Baton Passing if it finds itself being walled(by for example, Blissey).

3) Stall. Thunderbolt/Heat Wave/ Roost by itself is hard enough to handle, but really throwing in a support move as the last one makes it a real pain to take down. Light Screen, HP Grass/Ice, and Roar can be listed along with Toxic and even substitute.

4) Possibly Choice sets, though tbh I don't think Zapdos is cut out with those kinds of sets, or at least not from my experience.

D

Deleted member

by all means, add some.

I think scarfdos is very good and has worked quite well for me, although I don't think the other choice sets are viable.

Top Bottom