• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zap Jump Gone?

DogeOverlord

Smash Rookie
I just downloaded project M and I noticed that with Lucas' new moveset changes, they also removed the key ability to zapjump. I used to use this quite a lot in battle and I find it very annoying that they removed it. Would it be possible to add this tactic back into the game?

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
It's not essential to his new playstyle at all. If anything, it'd actually mess him up completely. If I recall correctly, the timing for Zap Jump was about the timing for his fast djc PK freeze in Project M.

If I'm not mistaken, the Double-jump-cancel mechanic in itself makes zap jumping impossible.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's not essential to his new playstyle at all. If anything, it'd actually mess him up completely. If I recall correctly, the timing for Zap Jump was about the timing for his fast djc PK freeze in Project M.

If I'm not mistaken, the Double-jump-cancel mechanic in itself makes zap jumping impossible.
This, to do a DJC PK freeze, you need to do a double jump and use side B together, just like Brawl's Zap Jump.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
On top of the technical issues with it, Lucas has been changed to a fast, offensive powerhouse that is extremely dangerous on-stage. If you add to that the ability "able to recover from anywhere with magnet", it could put him far past Fox levels of silly.

DogeOverlord

Smash Rookie
Explain the "recover from anywhere with magnet" tactic. I'm fairly new to Project M and haven't really tested out character specific strategies that were not in brawl. Also on another note, how is Lucas' new PK freeze useful? It seems to be very slow with minimal damage and doesn't have the knockback that PK fire did

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Go watch some videos of Lucas and it will become apparent. The proper way to use PK Freeze involves DJC, so it's important you learn the timing so it ISN'T slow. It having no knockback is good because it lets you combo into kills (even at a distance thanks to DACUS) as well as maintain air pressure/combos.

I assume Burnsy is talking about magnet stall. Basically do a magnet and let go, you'll hover very slightly while moving forward very slightly. Another important thing it lets you do is turn around (a la B-Reverse) so you can tether onto the edge.

This Lucas takes a bunch of practice to get used to how he plays.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Actually I was talking about the recovery he would have if he had Zap Jumping in P:M. Looking at videos of it, Lucas could probably use it to recover from right above the bottom boundary on any stage. That's fine for Brawl, but it would be really broken on P:M Lucas.

Top Bottom