• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus's FS not useless as we thought

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Indeed, Zamus turns into Samus, but actualy it is a short range FS.
I saw it in a video and it deals ~90% damage, wich is pretty much.

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
Has anyone figured out the mechanics of this? It seems sometimes people can DI out of it and escape with minimal damage. This doesn't seem to guarantee KO until higher percents. Is there a way to rack up damage? Repeatably tap A? Hold B down?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well, yeah it is possible for it to KO, but I don't want to turn into Samus :(.
Then again you get to taunt back into ZSS and throw more armor :).
Could be useful for the Gamestop tourney...

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
That's why I was asking actually. But it's basically impossible to taunt back to ZSS with the Wiimote. There's no way you'd be able to do it in the tournament. =\

Ween

Smash Cadet
Another good use is to vary your gameplay. If you feel that the situation is better suited for Samus then use the fs. Also the person who your playing will probably try to learn your playstyle and predict what you'll be doing. If you change you can go into a completely different playstyle and throw your opponent off. Though this would only work if your good with both characters :S

Mani

Smash Cadet
i find its MUCH easier to do the taunt transform on a wiimote personally

but yes it does have a tiny hitbox (similar to luigi's upB and jiggly's rest, they kinda have to overlap your char)

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
i find its MUCH easier to do the taunt transform on a wiimote personally

but yes it does have a tiny hitbox (similar to luigi's upB and jiggly's rest, they kinda have to overlap your char)

I don't think this is correct, especially since the FS draws your opponents in anyway. I think it has more to do with the damage already inflicted. People seem to consistently die around the 55% mark. However, at 0% nobody dies regardless of how close ZSS is.

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
I don't think this is correct, especially since the FS draws your opponents in anyway. I think it has more to do with the damage already inflicted. People seem to consistently die around the 55% mark. However, at 0% nobody dies regardless of how close ZSS is.
Not specifically true. I've had people die from 0%, but they need to be *really* close when you activate it. I think that it has one powerful hitbox right around Zamus' body during the last hit, and the rest of the hits draw people towards that hitbox. The issue is, the hits are actually kind of slow and spaced far apart. people caught in the blue "particle cloud" around the glowing middle usually DI out of it before the final part, but anyone who touches that middle part is going to die.

It's... really not the greatest FS. But I usually get the smash ball thanks ^B, and its better then someone else getting it. If nothing else, you get another set of armor to throw around =P

Top Bottom