• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus's down+b extra jump?

MewtwoZelda

Smash Rookie
I know you can use the sex kick from it, but I was fooling around in between All-Star rounds and was able to jump out of it, shooting myself forward a good distance. I haven't been able to figure out exactly how to do it, though. Wiggling the control stick right after hitting down+B and mashing jump seems to work the best. Anyone else get this?

MewtwoZelda

Smash Rookie
If I jump once (i.e. still have my second jump) and use down+b, sometimes I can get Zamus to do a unique second jump after or just before the end of the animation that sends her flying forward quickly in a "cannonball" fashion. Only way I've found to replicate it about 70% of the time is to wiggle the control stick (GCN controller) and mash jump during the down+b animation.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
K so I did it in a match. Its your second jump with lots of momentum from the Down B. Somehow. I didn't get the chance to marvel at my own feat, but I'll play with it more tomorrow.

MewtwoZelda

Smash Rookie
If we can pinpoint exactly how to do this, it could potentially lead to some severe mindgames for Zamus. I'm gonna keep workin on it to see how to do it every time.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I think he is saying the footstool jump out of Zamus' Down B. I was messing around with her and found this out. Still haven't tried it in actual combat though...

Fastest

Smash Ace
You kids should read other posts. This has been known for weeks...

And yes, it is the footstool jump via her down b. It has special properties an can be done:

1) On a shielded opponent.
2) On a dodging opponent.
3) Greater footstool hitbox. I.E. it registers the footstool around a greater area making it very easy to footstool.

MewtwoZelda

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I didn't see anything about it anywhere else. Doesn't explain why I can do it when there's no opponent under me, though.

Top Bottom