• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus Gimp Spike

anoobis

Smash Cadet
Today, in training mode, I wondered can I gimp people at low percentages with Zamus? So, I tried a few things: Up Tilt to Up B right on the edge etc Up B from a Down Throw off the ledge and to no avail. Finally, I came up with Down Throw to Down B Spike. I've tested this so far on 10 characters and it seems to work (with a few kinks here and there). However, I have not factored DI in yet. So, for now I think the characters are still in the hit stun when the spike hits. Also, there are some flaws to this technique. If you miss with the Spike then you are going to get edge hogged.
Code:
Char			Percent Spike	Percent Stop
Olimar			0%				25%
MetaKnight		0%				20%*
Pit			0%				20%*
Kirby			0%				10%**
Sonic			20%	
Ike			0%****	
Captain Falcon		0%	
Fox			0%***	
Mario			0%				25%
Comments and feed back appreciated.

*Up until this percent this character can fly up.
**Kirby becomes too floaty at 10% for the spike to work. Also, Kirby can float up at 0%.
***Must be edge hogged.
****Must be done with the kick pointing away from the stage.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Most likely this won't be able to be pulled against human opponents, as they'll normally DI back towards the stage.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I tested this on a level 9 Yoshi... 3 times... (what is up with the Random button's obsession with Yoshi?) and I was not able to pull this off on him. I don't see it very easy to pull off on human opponents either, if at all.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
I find it particular difficult myself to use the spike off the stage...especially when you have better options like Forward B or Fair...

Most of the time when I do manage to spike someone they're usually on the stage and it happens by accident since i'm just generally trying to hit them with it...

any of you guys got any good suggestions for lead in attacks for this spike?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I haven't found any guaranteed combos that you can use to lead into a down-b spike, it seems really situational.

I guess if your opponent is stupid enough, has enough damage, and is near the edge, you could dash attack to down-b kick, but the chances of that ever happening is slim to none. That is just asking to be shield grabbed... unless you are playing Falcon who fails at grabbing.

Of course, I also haven't looked too much for something to combo into that specifically, I just use it when I think it will be beneficial. It's a very punishable attack when you are playing with more than two players, or if you miss.

RPK

Smash Lord
Better on paper....AHAHAHAHA
AND WE SHOULD GET A GUY! DOING A HANDPLANT ON THE EDGE OF THE MOTHER F*CKING GRAND CANYON!
AND ANOTHER GUY! HAVING ANAL SEX WITH A SCREAMING MONSTER! IN A HANG GLIDER!?!? YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!???!?!?!?!?

StarScarJenova

Smash Rookie
Not guaranteed, but good to have as an option, especially if the opponent isn't conditioned to look for it!

SSJ

Colin Mitchell

Smash Apprentice
Tested this same thing on Toon Link. Seems too fragile, but according to practice mode, it works 0-42 or 43% (forgot which), starts killing at 16%.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
so far, it doesn't seem like anyone has tried this on a human opponent. I'm trying to second or main (probably second) Zamus. And I have three people to try it on for testing purposes.

BUT, I don't have any clue what I'm supposed to use to spike. I am supposed to spike or meteor them, or just gimp their recovery?

Top Bottom