• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zamus Dair in a nutshell

TheHotDogSmash

Smash Rookie
I was fighting a level 9 Toon Link using Zero suit samus for the first time and I decided to dair him, and I did it again and again until he reached the sky lol. So I went to training mode and decided to do it on Bowser so i could film it easier xD, they don't tech it or DI away for some reason. They don't even tech Wario's d-smash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KF-TqZkuWw

took me a while to get a kill only using d-smash on bowser :awesome:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
regular DI kills that chain though. with computers it might work, but against a person, ull be extremely lucky to get more than two dairs on them. its still a great combo tool tho, i like dair > nair strings

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So I guess this is the best place to ask this, where exactly do you di to get out of this move? Lol I maybe super bad at this game but this weekend I played pikachad a bunch, and I could not for the life of me get away from this move. All the rest of zss's moves I could deal with...except this one. Any advice, or am I just a scrub :laugh:.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
SDIing in addition to DI helps. It can also help to mix up your DI to try to get your opponent to overcommit to a DI follow.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Well my character has quite a few fat rolls so....hopefully I can get out of the string at a semi reasonable percent lol. At the time, it just seemed to happen so fast that everything I tried didn't matter, no matter where I DI. I was kinda drunk at the time, but that shouldn't have mattered too much. I'll see if my brother will indulge me in testing this out later, thanks for the tips duders.

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
Most characters can get away after two or three dairs, but big ones like Bowser might get hit with six or seven even with *good* DI - believe me, I know from hard experience. Also, it's really, REALLY hard to get out of a dair chain with a Spacey if you're bouncing on the ground - the timing to tech away is about as hard as getting out of Falco's pillaring with Fox was in Melee, or harder.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
This is a bit of a change of pace, but I've been posting around, so why the hell not...
Am I the only one that actually liked the idea of ZS having a dive kick for her dair? Or, is that a bad idea for some reason that I am not aware of? Because it seems to me like people already like her new dair too much for me to get any support over here...

Gubob

Saru yarou
Does anyone know of a video showing dair into waveland? I can't seem to get the timing down and she always comes just short of landing.

Top Bottom