• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zair?

Ansem

Smash Cadet
I was wondering other Samus mains opinion on it as a move. It is a great spacing tool that auto cancels i, and using it out of a backwards air dodge to keep distance. The damage adds up quickly while you get to keeping your opponent away.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Yes it's a great move. Keep using it!
As far as I know, it doesn't really auto cancel, but has 19 frames of lag or something. There has been some posts about it already.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It has a stupid amount of priority for the kind of range and speed it has, and it hits Ganondorf out of his Wizard Kick, so abuse it as much as you can.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
right after a super missile cancel, i sh ad forward zair against spacies to zap them out of their reflector to let the missile hit. works on other people too, but its most satisfying against reflectors

Litt

Samus
Hmm so far I have been using missiles to make my opponent approach, when they do, keep them at a distance with the zair, and when they get in too close, forward titlt into morphball dash attack --> upsmash or dsmash.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's probably one of her best moves in this game. It gives her a ton more ground control and it's really safe. So definitely keep it in mind.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
The move is still pretty good, it was "nerfed" from her Brawl iteration to avoid seamless spam but it is still very useful.

You can even force resets using it if your opponent did not tech nor did anything, you can Zair into Grab or anything you like.

Indulge yourselves.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Pros:
1. It's a pseudo counter. You can air dodge in place to dodge a projectile and grab it, or to dodge an attack, and then zair out of the air dodge to push your opponent away. Works best with ranged attacks since the knockback is good enough to space out your opponent enough to keep them from reaching you.
2. It breaks/knocks away most projectiles. e.g. missiles, turnips, link's bombs*, boomerang, snake's grenades, small charge shots, small aura spheres/shadow balls, pills, fireballs, pikmin...
3. Incredibly safe edgeguard tool. It breaks all recovery moves. ALL of them, so far, that I've tried. The only time it won't hit anyone out of their recovery is when it won't hit lol.
4. It can poke at shields, or stun opponents long enough for a missile to hit.
5. It's safe at a distance, whether your hit or not, with most characters.
6. It disrupts your opponent's rythm.

Cons:
1. Can be punished by some characters with strong crouch cancels, like Bowser.
2. Can be countered by Link's bombs. He can block the zair and jump out of shield and throw the bomb at you before you can recover from the Z-air.
3. It does incredibly low damage. It's not a move to rack up a lot of damage. It's simply a really strong keep-away tool. 7% first hit, 4% all following hits in the same stock. Resets every stock.

All in all, I'd rate it a 9 to 9.5/10. It's got very few cons and has a vast usability. It's the one tool she's been missing since Melee. Learn the timing on it. You can change its length/speed based on how high/low you air dodge/perform the z--air.

Top Bottom