• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zair -> hyphen smash

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm quite used to doing this after a zair, sometimes it hits, but most of the average players I brawl know how to SHIELD. I know theres strings after zair that are unescapable, tell my pl0x so my zair game isn't nub.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
There are no strings that are inescapable. Hence why they are strings. Through DI or defensive options, every SINGLE set-up can be avoided and punished.

Although Zair -> bomb -> Usmash can work from low percents if you have quick eyes. The thing is, you must be able to immediately hyphen if the bomb hits, or you will miss/they will dodge. If the bomb is shielded or caught, fall back. Not even I can always do this in a safe manner.

Naturally it is also character dependent. I know it's like the sex on ROB because he's floaty enough to be lifted decently by the bomb, but not so much that the Usmash whiffs.

Really, Zair ---> bomb is the safest, and can allow you to follow up more so if you can react very quickly. But again, nothing is guaranteed.

Heh, I feel type-happy this night.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hmm, well, not as obvious as zair -> hyphen smash I mean.

And when you hit with zair, where do you throw the bomb from?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Your type-happy every night. >_>

Barge,
VietG combo:
Pull out a bomb.
Zair->throw bomb -> Hyphen.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Actually zair to hypen smash does work. Depends alot on your spacing of the zair. You have to get a bit closer with your zair for it to work. But if they shield the zair, your probably gonna be close enough for them to grab you or another counter attack. So I just zair correctly when I know its a hit and then hyphen smash. Not 100% but it works enough.
On the other hand, the zair to bomb to hypen smash works alot more, but I dont do mines to hyphen smash. After the bomb I usually follow up with a nair then tech chase or bow cancel. This is because this combo only works at low percents, and I save my upsmash's for kills only so it wont be deplenished.

Top Bottom