• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zair-->bomb-->up smash question

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
i read somewhere else that you can do this combo... i think sasukebowser posted that VietGeek found it... how can you zair if you have a bomb in hand? sry if this has already been asked.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Airdodge and cancel with with Zair, then immediately throw the bomb and run up for a Usmash.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the clarification

but whenever i do it in training mode, the bomb knocks the opponent too high/far and the upsmash doesn't work.. is that supposed to happen with some characters?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's suppose to be at rather low percents, and I'm pretty sure really floaty characters don't work...

Like Peach, Samus (I think Zero Suit as well), GameWatch, Jigglypuff (notoriously known to be impervious to combos since Melee anyway), etc.

Works best to heavyweights and fastfallers (like Snake and Falco respectively).

It may work at high % depending on how good/bad your opponent's DI is.

Also training mode is screwed up, try doing it in Versus instead.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Training mode has no move degeneration I think.
Uhh yeah do what Viet said. <_<

Legan

Smash Lord
Lol, Links got the same thing except it's zair-bomb-DAC. Were not so different after all *Hugs the little Tlink mains* =D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Lol, Links got the same thing except it's zair-bomb-DAC. Were not so different after all *Hugs the little Tlink mains* =D
I was so with you until you said little.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The Links and TL's should have sort of communication going on so we can help each others games IMO. Alliance anyone? =)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The Links and TL's should have sort of communication going on so we can help each others games IMO. Alliance anyone? =)
^ This post is a mindgame.

Eh, I never paid attention to Link's metagame too much. Didn't know a similar set-up existed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I play Link sometimes just to see how it feels.
Using Links Fsmash to kill makes me happy. And just making up my own little tricks.
He has a lot going for him.
And so do we. >_> *cough*We have more IMO*cough*
We must band together!!!!

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
If I don't get gimped in a game with Link, I usually don't lose. He's got everything else: projectiles, power, fairly fast attacks, a DAC, and some good spacing moves.

Top Bottom