• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Z:TP Spoiler) My Triangle Based Selection Menu [Ver. 2]

Croco

Smash Lord
Beaware there is a Zelda: Twilight Princess spoiler if you look at image below..
Since this is really about characters.. I decided to post the picture here.. and SOME of them I believe do have a fairly good chance of making the cut.
Took some time.. about 4-5 hours.
I used 2 illustration works from a guy named "FryGuy64" so credit goes to him for those..
Website I got it from..

-EDIT-(Changed "Nester" to "Tatanga")

Row 1: Mii, Dr. Wright, Spike, Geno, Professor E. Gadd, Kamek, Bowser Jr., Agahnim, Midna, Pious Augustus, Alexandra Roivas, Little Mac, Dog, Michael Jones, Mii.
Row 2: Tatanga, Ukkiki, Fawful, Wart, Toad, Peach, Bowser, Dark Samus, Ganondorf, Zelda/Shiek, Samurai Goroh, Mr. Game&Watch, Alice, Ice Climbers, Tom Nook.
Row 3: Waluigi, Captain Syrup, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Mario, Samus/Zamus, Link, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Ness, Flint, Marth, Zephiel.
Row 4: Mr. Stevenson, Stafy, Ricky Winterborn, K. Rool, Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Sonic, Mega-Man, Snake, Meta Knight, Fox, Krystal, Pit, Lyn, Ike.
Row 5: Mii, Marina Liteyears, Lucario, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Ray 01, Captain Olimar, King DeDeDe, Wolf O'Donnell, Panther, Falco, Mii.

There are three 3rd party characters..
a few 2nd party.
I tried to go for what Sakurai wanted and has said.. "2-3 third party characters"
71 characters total.. lol (Yes.. the "Miis" count as one. I only added 4 boxes so four players can shoose from 4 different Miis.)

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
can i name them all i cant even see who they are realy... 4-5hours (long time) i dont know who 7 are i think

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
thanks it looks great!!! five stars ok those are mostly who i want in brawl good job and thanx 4 the larger vesion of it i can see them better now!

kaid

Smash Master
*Kills Croco for forgetting Ridley and Lucario*

EDIT: Ressurects and kills again on chages of including Waluigi and Mr Wright

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I can name fourty-three of them.

I can't see that big blue one in the middle clearly.

Also: Zamus is missing.

*Kills Croco for forgetting Wolf Link/Midna and Ridley.*

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Huh-hum.
Well... It has some good characters in there and I think that the triangle-based menu looks neat.

That roster does have a lot of...questionable characters though.

I mean, WarioWare doesn't really deserve that many characters and neither does Eternal Darkness. Actually, Silicon Knights isn't with Nintendo anymore anyway so ED characters don't really have much of a chance. The idea of Claus and Lucas being teamed up, while original, just seems kinda...wrong. I'm not going to say anything, but if you have played Mother 3, you know what I mean.

There are some others, but I'm kind of tired and I don't feel like writing a long post right now.

Hm. I can name all characters except for one of them. The one I don't recognize is the Fire Emblem character between Ike and Marth. He looks awfully familiar though.
Could anyone please tell me who that guy is?

D

Deleted member

Zephiel (FE6). I've seen that art before.

Bizarre choice, but understandable.

Croco

Smash Lord
Sweet, nice find. Good Job.
This is really good.Great job man.
Thanks! :)

*Kills Croco for forgetting Ridley and Lucario*

EDIT: Ressurects and kills again on chages of including Waluigi and Mr Wright
Sorry about that.. I don't know pokemon enough to add that one in there.
And yeah Ridley.. I still have my doubts on him.
Oh and if Captain Falcon can get in smash.. so can Dr. Wright.
I can name fourty-three of them.

I can't see that big blue one in the middle clearly.

Also: Zamus is missing.

*Kills Croco for forgetting Wolf Link/Midna and Ridley.*
Midna is there.. and according to the Twilight Princess ending..
She is in her real form.
I still have my doubts with Ridley.. don't make me get into an arguement and explanation why. If he gets in.. whatever.
Zamus Missing? If you didn't know already.. sakurai did say on the official Brawl site she will remove her suit "under certain conditions."

I don't think Sakurai wants Tin Star.
Or Dr. Wright.
I bet if I told him the idea of having Tin Star and Dr. Wright in the game.. he would like my character ideas more then having another 3rd party character or even a very overrated and popular 1st party character. :)

Huh-hum.
Well... It has some good characters in there and I think that the triangle-based menu looks neat.

That roster does have a lot of...questionable characters though.

I mean, WarioWare doesn't really deserve that many characters and neither does Eternal Darkness. Actually, Silicon Knights isn't with Nintendo anymore anyway so ED characters don't really have much of a chance. The idea of Claus and Lucas being teamed up, while original, just seems kinda...wrong. I'm not going to say anything, but if you have played Mother 3, you know what I mean.

There are some others, but I'm kind of tired and I don't feel like writing a long post right now.

Hm. I can name all characters except for one of them. The one I don't recognize is the Fire Emblem character between Ike and Marth. He looks awfully familiar though.
Could anyone please tell me who that guy is?
Thanks! Claus and Lucas.. I still want to play mother 3.. if not Claus and Lucas I was going to include Flint. Oh and I know what you mean by the Warioware characters.. I rather not see them in the game also.

And about "Eternal Darkness" according to IGN on Denis Dyack's blog.. who is one of the key people who made the game, has stated that a sequel is in the works. Nintendo STILL owns the copyrights of the characters and pretty much everything else in the game.
So the game will probably be coming to the Wii or the DS sometime in the future.
Oh and a 2nd party developer doesn't need to stick with just one company to make games. They can make games for Microsoft and Nintendo.. The games for the 360 aren't coming out till 2007.. the same kinda goes of ED.

Zephiel (FE6). I've seen that art before.

Bizarre choice, but understandable.
Thanks.. I wasn't to sure if I wanted to put in either Zephiel or Nergal. Nergal does look kickass and all as a villian.. BUT I felt Zephiel was a greater villian to support the series. Either way both would look cool..

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Does that really happen in the game? Claus gets a robot suit?
Thats pretty kickass if he does.
Yes, he does. and yes, it is kickass.

Nice work. Altough I basically agree with all the characters, there are some there that I'm not expecting (such as Tin Star, Lipp, and Claus/Lucas), but overall it is awesome.

You win fr Pious and Alexandra from eternal Darkness (which Nintendo still owns rights too)

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
How did Panther Caruso get in the game, while Falco Lombardi was left out?

*kills*

Also, Zephiel over Lyn?

*ressurrects and kills again.*

Other than that, not bad.

Croco

Smash Lord
Yes, he does. and yes, it is kickass.

Nice work. Altough I basically agree with all the characters, there are some there that I'm not expecting (such as Tin Star, Lipp, and Claus/Lucas), but overall it is awesome.

You win fr Pious and Alexandra from eternal Darkness (which Nintendo still owns rights too)
Thanks.
Yeah I put Claus/Lucas together because I havn't played the game yet.

Tinstar.. eh.. I wouldn't care if he didn't make it in or not.
Lipp.. same thing.

I might go work on the selection screen again tonight.. change a few charaters.. etc.

-SMALL UPDATE-
From looking on Wiki.. and on starmen.net
Claus isn't exactly a playable character.
He tries to kill his brother.. and his robot form is actually a toy form which pokey turns him into.
So.. I am going to put Flint in.. Lucas and Claus's father.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Zamus Missing? If you didn't know already.. sakurai did say on the official Brawl site she will remove her suit "under certain conditions."
That doesn't mean she won't be her own character. "Under Certain Conditions" could mean how to unlock her. On the site it says that she isn't a "pure character addition", which could mean that she isn't a character of her own or it could mean that since she is still infact samus it's like adding another version of the character(Kinda like Doc and mario). It says that "under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit." which could be talking about unlocking or just how to use her. Game Developers want to keep you guessing, it is good advertisement and it is good for hype. The truth is we don't know if she is her own character or just a special circumstance. I won't believe anything until I see the actual words.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
-SMALL UPDATE-
From looking on Wiki.. and on starmen.net
Claus isn't exactly a playable character.
He tries to kill his brother.. and his robot form is actually a toy form which pokey turns him into.
So.. I am going to put Flint in.. Lucas and Claus's father.
I played the game, and altough Claus isn't playable, he is a major factor of the game in a good Brother vs. Evil Brother showdown which
ends in a sad death
AND appears on Sakurai's poll, where flint is only playable in the first chapter that explains the game. Don't get me wrong, Flint is one of my favorite MOTHER characters (mainly because he is a cowboy :p).

Either way, if Claus is in, it would probably be solo.

can't wait to see the edited version.

kaid

Smash Master
You seem to have left out three of the top placers on Sakurai's poll- Dedede, Ridley, and Ike.

EDIT: My bad, you have Dedede. You're stil missing the others, though.

Croco

Smash Lord
You seem to have left out three of the top placers on Sakurai's poll- Dedede, Ridley, and Ike.
DeDeDe is there. Ike is there.

I feel Ridley will not get in as a playable character.. so I am not putting him there.
I don't even want to get into that discussion, I have my reasons. Just look for them in the metroid villain discussion on the boards.

Just because a poll was done and Ridley made it on the top, that doesn't mean he will make it as a playable character.. he could make in as a non playable boss.

If he makes it in as a character.. whatever. But I do not care.. neither would I be excited.
I will only be curious how they pulled it off without destroying his character.

Top Bottom