• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Z Stage Select Question

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to have 3 different stage models per stage slot now via Z select? Because as of now the secret Z select-able stages are just re-skins. I am just curious.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You can have up to 26 different modules for a single stage.

Last edited:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
So potentially we could have every past stage return through this without sacrificing any current stages?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
So potentially we could have every past stage return through this without sacrificing any current stages?
Yes, but you'd run out of button combinations eventually depending on which slot you'd place the stage.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
By modifying ASL to load "STGXXX_Y.pac" (where x is the stage ID and Y is an alphabetical letter from A to Z) and then renaming a rel file to match it, say 'st_xxx_Y.pac'

You can obtain rels from http://lakora.us/rel/

If the alternate stage uses the same base as the default stage, you don't need convert one. So for example if I had a "STGBATTLEFIELD_D.pac" that's just a texture modification, I wouldn't need to have a "st_battlefield_D.rel" that goes with it.
If for example I had a random Kingdom Hearts stage that was made over final destination but I'm putting it over Pictochat, I'd name the file "STGPICTCHAT_X" (x being the letter from A to Z), modify asl to load the letter I chose via button combination, and convert a rel using the site above (FD as the base rel and Picto as the output) and rename it to "st_pictchat_X."

*rels and modules are the same thing

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
By modifying ASL to load "STGXXX_Y.pac" (where x is the stage ID and Y is an alphabetical letter from A to Z) and then renaming a rel file to match it, say 'st_xxx_Y.pac'

You can obtain rels from http://lakora.us/rel/

If the alternate stage uses the same base as the default stage, you don't need convert one. So for example if I had a "STGBATTLEFIELD_D.pac" that's just a texture modification, I wouldn't need to have a "st_battlefield_D.rel" that goes with it.
If for example I had a random Kingdom Hearts stage that was made over final destination but I'm putting it over Pictochat, I'd name the file "STGPICTCHAT_X" (x being the letter from A to Z), modify asl to load the letter I chose via button combination, and convert a rel using the site above (FD as the base rel and Picto as the output) and rename it to "st_pictchat_X."

*rels and modules are the same thing
*bookmarks this post because I am a stage hoarder*

...now just to figure out how to modify the ASL. I can probably just google that.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
*bookmarks this post because I am a stage hoarder*

...now just to figure out how to modify the ASL. I can probably just google that.
Mewtwo2000's ASL tool. Google that. He also has a thread around here somewhere as well.

Top Bottom