• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Z-Grabbing Help Needed

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with it, and I don't know why I am, the video makes it seem so simple. So I do a running grab, popo grabs, and nana runs past the opponent, I countinue to hold Z, and then I press the C-Stick forward. Sometimes the Z-grab works (rarely). Usually what happens is, eiether Popo just throws the oppenent up, or popo will throw the oppenent forward and Nana will attempt to grab but she'll miss. This is drving me nuts, because I really want to get this down. Is there only a certain spot on the level you can do it in? I mean, what am I doing wrong? Can someone plese explain z-grabbing in a little more detail than the video does? Thanks a ton!

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
i dont think you are supposed to hold Z. You dash grab...release Z forwrd throw then press Z again at the right moment. I think you just have to pratice the timing on each character.

Binx

Smash Master
Does timing change for fthrow based on weight? I thought it was dthrow for ICs.

I hardly use fthrow on anyone but Fox so sorry if this sounds dumb.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Dispite what people might say, holding down Z and throwing with the c-stick is much easier (possibly only for me) but i dont like having to let go and hit it again.

lol, I'm not sure why sometimes you are u-throwing but if you want to get the timing down pat, you can let nana grab air once, and then f-throw into her second grab. (if you are holding Z she should keep grabbing forever) A good idea of when to throw is when she completes a empty grab.

Practice makes perfect, and this technique is a huge mindgame when people dont expect it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I find it a lot easier to D-throw and N-regrab. It's pretty sweet, and sets up for P-regrabs if she D- or F-throws, and it sets up the Freeze Glitch once I can perfect it. ^_^

The Dt N-grab is probably easier because you don't have to move Nana. I don't know about F-throw, but I know that with the D-throw the timing changes by weight, so it probably takes a bit more practice.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah Delph I was thinking of learning the dthrow nana regrab too, I think it would be usefull to know for the edge infinite that I am having so much trouble with.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I find it a lot easier to D-throw and N-regrab. It's pretty sweet, and sets up for P-regrabs if she D- or F-throws, and it sets up the Freeze Glitch once I can perfect it. ^_^

The Dt N-grab is probably easier because you don't have to move Nana. I don't know about F-throw, but I know that with the D-throw the timing changes by weight, so it probably takes a bit more practice.
Plese say that again without all the slang, because I'm really interested in understanding what your saying, possibly you could elaborate on how to incorperating that freeze glitch...

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
D-throw=down throw N-regrab=nana regrabs? P-regrab=popo regrab? now if nana does a down throw or a forward throw then you can easily do the freeze glich.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
First you have to make Nana grab. You can either desynch -> grab with Nana, wavedash backwards through them -> grab with Nana, or d-throw with Popo and regrab with Nana (as they are released from his hand). I forget which direction she has to throw; I think either d-throw or f-throw. As she is throwing, Squall Hammer with Popo and they get frozen. To unfreeze them you can grab them, but if your attacks pushed them too high you won't be able to.

Edit - Um, now I see the other thread. Nevermind...

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
nana can actually do it on her own also.

There has been more then one occasion where she was at the opposite end of the stage then me..grabbed my opponent...down threw and frooze them. i was nowhere near to squll hammer. i really have no idea how it happens

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
nana can actually do it on her own also.

There has been more then one occasion where she was at the opposite end of the stage then me..grabbed my opponent...down threw and frooze them. i was nowhere near to squll hammer. i really have no idea how it happens
You probably Squall Hammered from the other side of the stage. Apparently (from what people have said), the Squall Hammer triggers the glitch; it doesn't have to actually make contact.

Top Bottom