• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Z button and C Stick doing standard attacks instead

MT Williams

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTW829
3DS FC
2423-4493-5543
Sometimes the z button does a standard attack instead of a grab and its the most annoying thing ever. I have no clue why it does this and it always messes me up because never do I want a standard attack to happen when I press the z button. I noticed this in brawl too, but my playing has gotten much more precise since then.

Another thing that's been happening is when I use my c stick for a smash attack, it does a jab or tilt instead. I've never seen this before and this one is even more frustrating. I've actually lost quite a few matches because of this. I heard there was some kind of bug or something with the c stick but nothing that described my problem.

Why do these things happen and how can I prevent it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Certain attack combos have to end completely before you can use the right Control Stick (or the C-Stick in your case) for smash attack usage.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
if you hold the left analog stick while using the c-stick, it will come out as a tilt -- and if you held the cstick diagonally it will come out as a jab.

just try not to hold both sticks in the same direction

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just shield grab if the grab button isn't working. It is what I do.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I believe it's something to do with the way buffering (if you input a command during the last few frames of another, it'll happen after the other input is finished) works; since both :GCZ: and :GCCN: use two inputs at once, one is likely getting buffered, while the other isn't.

Top Bottom