• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YYG issues. Mostly Jackets

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm really new to Ness and general, let alone the YYG.

I've been practicing and the YYG is working fine, as in dropping the hitbox. Doing the Deathline and the Thunder Jacket are fine. But after looking at some videos I seem to be missing something as far as doing the Star and Spike Jacket. Here's my methods.

YYG, as in timing the UpSmash correctly and dropping the hitbox.
FF cancelled Dair into the ground.
Getting the opponent between the point of dropbox and Ness, doing a smash and causing Deathline.

However, when I try to do the first two steps to try and manage the Spike Jacket, the Jacket does not equip. If I replace the cancelled Dair with a sweetspotted PKT, the Thunder Jacket attaches just fine.

Just what am I doing wrong?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
To equip a jacket, you cannot have the opponent between the trapbox and Ness. If you do, you will get the jacket, but it wont hit the opponent who got hit by the deathline.

To equip spike jacket, SH and dair at the peak of the short hop. Fastfall, and if you hit the ground and bid fluffy clouds come out (not thin round ones), you have it. Remember, the opponent cant get hit with the deathline when you equip the jacket.

For star (which is IMO the hardest to equip) DJC an uair VERY low to theground and if you get those white puffy clouds again, you have done it.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
To equip a jacket, you cannot have the opponent between the trapbox and Ness. If you do, you will get the jacket, but it wont hit the opponent who got hit by the deathline.

To equip spike jacket, SH and dair at the peak of the short hop. Fastfall, and if you hit the ground and bid fluffy clouds come out (not thin round ones), you have it. Remember, the opponent cant get hit with the deathline when you equip the jacket.

For star (which is IMO the hardest to equip) DJC an uair VERY low to theground and if you get those white puffy clouds again, you have done it.
Arigato. Works now.

EDIT: Well, the Spike does. That Star Jacket is ridiculous.

Jono

Smash Apprentice

Or you can listen to it. :) If the attack sound comes out, then you have it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
first of all, this goes in the YYG tpoic.

a general rule of thumb for the dair is to land it on the ground while Ness's foot is completely stretched out.

Top Bottom