• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YouTube in widescreen

F1r3w0lf

Smash Apprentice
Stop having a boring tuna...stop having a boring l
NOTE: This is not a video, so I don't think it belongs in the thread.

Today I realized YouTube went widescreen. Widescreen isn't a terrible idea, Google video has had it for a long time, but the problem is that all the YouTube videos were in 4:3, and they just have black boxes to the left and right of them. I think even letterboxed videos have this as of now. Like I said, the widescreen isn't so bad, but it's not being used now and lots of space is being wasted. They should have at least given the option to stretch videos, if not crop letterboxed widescreen videos so they fit. Opinions?

Darkslash

Smash Master
There's a Youtube Poop made by Walrusguy and it takes "advantage" of the new 16:9 format.

When i found out it was 16:9, it was the first day it came out about a week ago. SO yea all the black boxes around them where kinda akward so to say.

Slash was here

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Really, I just need an option to switch between both aspects, and I'll be dandy.

~rh

Smash Lord
Just watched DBZ Remastered and it looked great in the widescreen.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't mind the big black boxes due to widescreen. Feels like I'm at the movies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No videos. I don't really care if you talk about youtube, but for the sake of the rule in place, just keep the videos in the video topic.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why it's there either.
There's no need for it at all and it's distracting.

Top Bottom