• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube copyrights

Valterria

Smash Rookie
Recently my friends tried to upload our Smash4 tournament here in Singapore last month. We finally got the videos ready for upload but we got some copyright strikes.

Any tips we should know to prevent those copyright strikes?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wah really? :facepalm:
I mean there are many tournaments have their match uploaded.
And I have upload some of my 3DS match too.
Maybe there are someone who sends out strikes to your videos....

Valterria

Smash Rookie
We got nintendo copyrighting on the zelda theme song
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword_02 - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

anything we need to avoid on?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We got nintendo copyrighting on the zelda theme song
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword_02 - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

anything we need to avoid on?
Don't add any song that is Nintendo related. If it's not in the game.

Valterria

Smash Rookie
more like it is from the in-game BGM. So i take that we suppose to lower the volume of the BGM of the game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
more like it is from the in-game BGM. So i take that we suppose to lower the volume of the BGM of the game.
Perhaps, and is the tournament sponsored? Most sponsored tournaments won't get copyrights.

And really there are many Smash Bros match videos, I don't really know why you got copyright strike, I have also heard Nintendo has a Youtube partnership program that you have to join in order to post Nintendo videos, but I don't think that's the case. Maybe you can ask Smashboard users who is also a Youtuber for help @ Conda Conda can help I guess...

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Best to mute the music, it's a great feature. I always use music I've got permission to use on my channel. But then I realised I can also just play the ingame music but at a low volume so it doesn't breach copyright either (just from barely being heard lol). The music on the stages isn't really too important in smash, you can add almost anything you find suitable instead.

Check out my channel if you want to see an example of what I'm talking about: www.youtube.com/cobbsgames

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Best to mute the music, it's a great feature. I always use music I've got permission to use on my channel. But then I realised I can also just play the ingame music but at a low volume so it doesn't breach copyright either (just from barely being heard lol). The music on the stages isn't really too important in smash, you can add almost anything you find suitable instead.

Check out my channel if you want to see an example of what I'm talking about: www.youtube.com/cobbsgames
I kind of wonder why some big Youtubers like VGbootcamp, Alphard, and many of them don't have their Smash montage, videos have copyright issues...

Valterria

Smash Rookie
thanks for the tips guys. :bluejump:

We also realise the guys used the Smash4 logo in the thumbnail. it pretty much cut down copyright content.

Top Bottom