• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YouTube Content Creators 'Beefy Smash Doods' Become an Esports Team

Beefy Smash Doods, popular YouTube content creators for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, announced today, August 28, that they are becoming a full eSports organization.

According to the new Beefy Smash Doods website that launched alongside their team announcement, they are primarily focusing on currently popular games such as Smash Wii U and Blizzard's new competitive first-person shooter, Overwatch.

Their current Smash Wii U team consists of Enis "IZAW" Al-Maatooq, a well known Swedish Link main and video guide maker; and both Magnus "Luigi_Player" Lais and Viktor "vyQ" Graf, who are already a part of the Beefy Smash Doods crew and are consistently placing well in the Austrian region.

For more information on Beefy Smash Doods eSports, be sure follow the team on Twitter and check out BSD's newly launched website.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

I don't like this. I've always disagreed with focused content creators "branching out" (picking up overwatch) because then they deviate from their original purpose and what allowed them to grow in the first place. Nobody watches BeefySmashDoods for "Mike", or "Joseph", we watch them for the insight they provide and for the techniques they discover.

The harsh truth of the internet is that we couldn't care less about you as an individual; We care about your gimmick; everyone has a gimmick, and that's what gets them views, deviate from that gimmick, and you lose views. That's why when Brawl modders/hackers make modded videos, they'll get thousands of views, yet when they make a "Smash 4 Replay" video, they get 149 at most. People get the false assumption that we care about them based on the popularity and success of their currently existing content. This is false, as even the most popular of people would suffer the same fate if they deviated from their gimmick as well.

BeefySmashDoods is trying to be more than they are, but on the internet you're given a clear, defined role and you're expected to stay in it.

This isn't a troll post. This is 100% serious. I am only saying this because I like their channel and I am trying to warn them before they crash and die and fall into obscurity like SmashCentralOfficial.

I don't like this. I've always disagreed with focused content creators "branching out" (picking up overwatch) because then they deviate from their original purpose and what allowed them to grow in the first place. Nobody watches BeefySmashDoods for "Mike", or "Joseph", we watch them for the insight they provide and for the techniques they discover.

The harsh truth of the internet is that we couldn't care less about you as an individual; We care about your gimmick; everyone has a gimmick, and that's what gets them views, deviate from that gimmick, and you lose views. That's why when Brawl modders/hackers make modded videos, they'll get thousands of views, yet when they make a "Smash 4 Replay" video, they get 149 at most. People get the false assumption that we care about them based on the popularity and success of their currently existing content. This is false, as even the most popular of people would suffer the same fate if they deviated from their gimmick as well.

BeefySmashDoods is trying to be more than they are, but on the internet you're given a clear, defined role and you're expected to stay in it.

This isn't a troll post. This is 100% serious. I am only saying this because I like their channel and I am trying to warn them before they crash and die and fall into obscurity like SmashCentralOfficial.
Theyre selling themselves as a brand, and its working. VGB and MVG are both exactly the same in that they have gained a lot of their notoriety through youtube.

I am very confident that BSD will continue to grow. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up moving to America, as it has a more popular and lucritive scene than Austria.

They've already branched off into RoA with great success, so I don't see why not.

And I think everyone who gets mad when cFive doesn't narrate a video would disagree with you on that "we couldn't care less about you as an individual" :p

They've already branched off into RoA with great success, so I don't see why not.

And I think everyone who gets mad when cFive doesn't narrate a video would disagree with you on that "we couldn't care less about you as an individual" :p
Well, I hope you're right. I just don't want him to fall into the void. Currently, they're doing good, but we'll have to wait and see... ;)

Well, I hope you're right. I just don't want him to fall into the void. Currently, they're doing good, but we'll have to wait and see... ;)
I understand your worries and it fills me with joy to see how much people actually care about us. <3
We decided to get into the eSports scene since the representation in Europe is kinda lacking right now and we want to help out.
Also we enjoy doing it, and just standing still won't get us far.
We want to expand, and eventually grow big enough to give other people the chance to work with us and enjoy their work as much as we do.
-Risuno

edit: this doesn't mean that we won't include US/JP players in our team! It's just a good point to start in Europe for now. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom