• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube announces 60 FPS support, meaning we can upload Smash 4 footage without losing frames!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
http://arstechnica.com/business/201...0-fps-support-tipping-and-creator-studio-app/

"Soon" Youtube's video player will be upgraded to support 60 FPS videos!

I honestly think is huge because if videos are recorded with a good setup, we can look at the game as it actually happened instead of with half the frames cut out by the player. All the glorious, delicious, sensual frames.

Are you guys happy with this too?
My body is ready.

I know, I know, sorry for the bad joke. But seriously this is great news.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is fantastic news; 30 fps was by far the worst thing about youtube's video player, and it will really help the quality of gaming content in general with smash definitely being a benefactor. I'll definitely be exploiting this heavily when it drops!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I'm happy with this, it also creates a dilemma for me - do I sacrifice clarity for frame rate, or frame rate for clarity, when it comes to 60FPS games?

I use an Elgato Game Capture HD, which only records at 30FPS when at 1080p, but can record 60FPS at 720p.
I just achieved true 1080p in YouTube's video player (to where it basically looks exactly like the game on a HDTV), and I only bought my Elgato recently. And I was really happy with this quality (watch at the highest quality setting you can):

Unless Elgato can implement 1080p 60FPS recordings through an update to their software, I'm gonna have to buy a Shuffle or something to achieve true 1080p 60FPS. :\

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only this could help Mario Kart 8's Mario Kart TV features, as you can really see the frame-rate drop whenever you're sharing your racing footage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's YouTube's showcase video - the Battlefield Hardline trailer. Some parts in 30FPS due to them being recorded like that, but the gameplay is in 60FPS. You also have to watch in at least 720p to see the 60FPS.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
More frames for Nintendo to claim I guess.
LOL people are still holding on to this? You do realize they dropped it and are currently trying to arrange deals with the content-makers to get a small part of the money, right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they already have examples up, it WILL be soon.

They have it working in the player, they literally just need to make accommodations for larger video uploads on a mass scale.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So I tried watching something in 60 fps and my computer literally almost exploded. Guess I won't be enjoying this feature...

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
So I tried watching something in 60 fps and my computer literally almost exploded. Guess I won't be enjoying this feature...
Damn. My crappy laptop can still do it justice lol
But it's awesome. We don't have to do that stupid 2X Speedup thing by slowing down the video MERH

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Presumably something along the lines of this.
Honestly it might as well be this thing. My computer's pretty pathetic. It does what it needs to do in terms of using the internet but it's no good graphically. I'm not a PC gamer so I don't mind and it's not a priority to upgrade this thing any time soon.

It cost about $200 back in 2011. That should give you an idea xD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It'll be The Last Guardian "soon." :troll:
I remember when it was slated as a PlayStation 2 game, lol!!!

===

But man, 60 fps smash will be WONDEROUS!!!

Perfect timing because my dad won a recording setup for me and my bro to use that can record up to 720p at 60fps or 1080p at 30fps, and it's only a bit bigger than the size of a fist.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Hopefully the game can record and share replays at 60fps (also more than three minutes) so there will be no need of some other recording software.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Oh god this is amazing, I can only hope when they finally update it doesn't completely break Youtube for a solid two weeks like all the other major updates.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
My father's laptop can't even handle 4k. It auto-restarts if I even select the option on Youtube.

Top Bottom