• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're TOO SLOW!

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
It's Sonic's taunt. I think he runs on the spot and says "You're too slow!".

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
No, I mean, I don't get what GreenKirby said.
The voice.. It's so bad, that it's good. Its level of annoyance is right up there with Kirby's and Mr. Game and Watch's taunt. I'll make sure to use it every chance I get.

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
That taunt is delicious. I havent even seen the others, but I'm certain they wont be better than that.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I actually like it, the VA got a LOT better, the voice actually fits Sonic, and it really seems like he means what he says while still sounding like he's taunting the enemy. It's pure Sonic!

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
hm...I think he should have said " I'm waiting" instead of "your too slow" anyone who has seen the old Sonic cartoons would know.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
They should have let Urkel do his voice, like in the cartoon. Then his taunt could have been "Did I do that?"

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
Some people love it to bits and others completely despise it. I personally love it, I think it fits him and the voice acting is fine. I agree that it would of been better if they got Urkel but the one they have is good, it sounds like sonic and sounds like something he would say.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
I wish we could put in custom sound files for taunts.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didnt like the way it sounded at first, but after playing Sonic the Hedgehog on my 360, and hearing THAT voice actor (who was terrible) I was glad we have this one instead, an didnt get the StH 360 voice actor.

Trash Jack

Smash Rookie
I didnt like the way it sounded at first, but after playing Sonic the Hedgehog on my 360, and hearing THAT voice actor (who was terrible) I was glad we have this one instead, an didnt get the StH 360 voice actor.
Umm . . . I hate to break this to you, but . . .

They're the same guy.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
It's good too see Nintendo still has high standards when it come to quality control in vice acting. Brian Griffith does not sound as bad as he did as Sonic in past games, but I would still prefer Ryan Drummond and Jaleel White when they did Sonic's voice for the games and cartoon series.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Sonic should curse in English (like in the undubbed Sonic X) as his taunt

BluePhantomHedgehog

Smash Rookie
I thought his name was "Jason Griffith", and I agree, it should have been "I'm waiting!". It would have worked so perfectly... I wonder what it would sound like with Griffith's voice.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
OMG...

Did Griffith actually get better?
SHOCK! People get better.

Sounds like Jason is getting close to putting attitude into his voice. If he keeps it up, he'd be on par with Jaleel White. Don't care for Ryan Drummond. He's a pretty nice guy though.

S4k3

Smash Rookie
hm...I think he should have said " I'm waiting" instead of "your too slow" anyone who has seen the old Sonic cartoons would know.

Then it would have to be "I'm waaaaiiitiiing!". Ohhh good times.
Or maybe some "Jelly and Jam time!" "I'm up, over, and gone!":chuckle:

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Satam...in Brawl...My brain, it doth curdle at the thought. Just the thought of Sonic being associated with Archie as opposed to a comic that's, oh, I don't know, GOOD, like Spiderman or something, makes me...

STOP. BRAIN UNCRUDLING AT THE THOUGHT OF A SONIC-SPIDEY CROSSOVER. MUST GO WRITE FANFIC. BYE.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Satam...in Brawl...My brain, it doth curdle at the thought. Just the thought of Sonic being associated with Archie as opposed to a comic that's, oh, I don't know, GOOD, like Spiderman or something, makes me...

STOP. BRAIN UNCRUDLING AT THE THOUGHT OF A SONIC-SPIDEY CROSSOVER. MUST GO WRITE FANFIC. BYE.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad would you be if you opened your copy of Brawl on the 9th and the instruction manual was replaced by an Archie comic?

All of this "I'm waiting" talk makes me wonder if Sonic will do the *tap foot and give the camera the eye* when you let the controller alone for too long.

S4k3

Smash Rookie
I'd say about 11!

Although if it was an older archie comic I wouldn't be too upset. They used to be OK. The first Knuckles 3 issue miniseries was the ****.

Top Bottom