• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're Mine - The ZSS Playbook 2 (Flip Jumping)

Take 5

Smash Apprentice

A lesson in spacing.

Watch in HD!

Questions and comments welcome :)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
glad to see i've done pretty much all of them although I'm still wondering when people will learn to DI down and away when thrown offstage by us gurls.... zzz

great stuff none the less getting a wii u next week gotta go lease out a hyperbolic time chamber.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

A lesson in spacing.

Watch in HD!

Questions and comments welcome :)
From that video, I gather that we must not:
-camp
-cover our recovery
-get up early
-combo break
-hoo hah :teeth:
-weegie
-taunt
-wall cling
-reflect
-roll
-edgeguard

Mmmm...

:idea: I know why! It's because when we're up against ZSS, we're all in check, right?
Where is my cookie? :pimp:

Ok, more seriously, I thought only ZSS' down-b could spike; I didn't know the followup kick also did. Nice to know, and nice spacing there.

David Viran

Smash Lord
From that video, I gather that we must not:
-camp
-cover our recovery
-get up early
-combo break
-hoo hah :teeth:
-weegie
-taunt
-wall cling
-reflect
-roll
-edgeguard

Mmmm...

:idea: I know why! It's because when we're up against ZSS, we're all in check, right?
Where is my cookie? :pimp:

Ok, more seriously, I thought only ZSS' down-b could spike; I didn't know the followup kick also did. Nice to know, and nice spacing there.
Yeah it does and it is much much more powerful. You hav the to hit with the end of the kick.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a few...lot... less on CPUs?
May I direct you to the original :p

But seriously, I didn't have internet for most of filming so that's why there are CPU clips. I'm all good now, so they'll be kept to a minimum in the next ZSS Playbook ;)

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
May I direct you to the original :p

But seriously, I didn't have internet for most of filming so that's why there are CPU clips. I'm all good now, so they'll be kept to a minimum in the next ZSS Playbook ;)
Hey man Can I add you for some games? Saw both these videos yesterday. When you posted them in someones thread who was looking for Nair use tips. Great spikes!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Figure this could go here too. I learned this from Choco. Run off stage, reverse flip kick, hold toward the edge. You do a sort of in-place flip, and her feet dip below the edge. The result, looks like kick seen here vs Dr. Mario. Hype kick!

M@v

Subarashii!
I've been meaning to ask something about flip kick; are there any guaranteed setups for it offstage? I remember at APEX Choco was smashing my face in on several stocks by hitting me off stage then immediately down bing after me. If I didn't get hit by the spike, I would get hit by the strong hit and just die off the side/be too far to make it back. Im assuming it happened so much because I was DIng wrong and didn't know the proper DI angle to avoid it. I want to utilize it in my ZSS game though if there is any sort of setup like that that's guaranteed.

Is down and away the only safe DI angle for an opponent?

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to ask something about flip kick; are there any guaranteed setups for it offstage? I remember at APEX Choco was smashing my face in on several stocks by hitting me off stage then immediately down bing after me. If I didn't get hit by the spike, I would get hit by the strong hit and just die off the side/be too far to make it back. Im assuming it happened so much because I was DIng wrong and didn't know the proper DI angle to avoid it. I want to utilize it in my ZSS game though if there is any sort of setup like that that's guaranteed.

For b throw it can be DIed. Nair to flip kick I think might be able to DI but I think Bair to flip kick is guaranteed and of course you could do the choco and run off reverse flip kick and hit there ledge grab like the video above. With b throw if they DI it you might be able to bait an air dodge or something to hit anyway.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323

I've looked into nair to flip kick a bit, but lack of able opponents... or the ability to force online opponents into position at various percents... makes it difficult to say for sure. But in my limited experience, landing nair at 60~90% is a good bet for getting those two moves to string together. Whether or not that means you can get it to spike in the hitstun time that nair grants you? I have no idea.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Figure this could go here too. I learned this from Choco. Run off stage, reverse flip kick, hold toward the edge. You do a sort of in-place flip, and her feet dip below the edge. The result, looks like kick seen here vs Dr. Mario. Hype kick!
Damn, that read beats anything in my video lol. Also digging the foxtrots throughout the set, need to make more use of that (and Nairo's foxtrot to perfect pivot SH FF n-air, for that matter).

For b throw it can be DIed. Nair to flip kick I think might be able to DI but I think Bair to flip kick is guaranteed and of course you could do the choco and run off reverse flip kick and hit there ledge grab like the video above. With b throw if they DI it you might be able to bait an air dodge or something to hit anyway.
Yep, b-air to down B is guaranteed:

N-air to down B can also true combo but the timing/spacing is a lot more strict.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Damn, that read beats anything in my video lol. Also digging the foxtrots throughout the set, need to make more use of that (and Nairo's foxtrot to perfect pivot SH FF n-air, for that matter).
Thanks for the tips! If you get some time, I also have a video of me getting completely wrecked by Diddy in the video analysis thread. That one needs more tips than this one, heh.

Also... Bair to flip kick. That's sick!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well I guess I just found something to practice even if it's with the game pad till I get an adapter.

I have no idea why I have looked at this thread again xD.

I was gonna say I've never done bair to flip jump but then I remember I did once to my friend , however it was the ditto so he obviously flip jumped back but I did so after him and the result was me apparently teleporting on top of him as he was grabbing the ledge.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Another great flip kick spike (Nairo):

Edit: He does it again at 6:09!

Smh at that Villager's playstyle though...

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

Yes they need to di down and away from zss because it causes her to take longer to get to the kick point enabling you to airdodge it. Surprised I never saw anyone actually say yeah.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've been practicing this trick since I posted my question; I can get the weak spike to hit pretty much 100% of the time (When you down b after them and don't actually kick but bounce off their head). I'm guessing to get the actual kick to connect you need to hit them when they are essentially parallel with where you started your jump? This is for the combo version, not a read/downsmash followup like that Nairo vid.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I've been practicing this trick since I posted my question; I can get the weak spike to hit pretty much 100% of the time (When you down b after them and don't actually kick but bounce off their head). I'm guessing to get the actual kick to connect you need to hit them when they are essentially parallel with where you started your jump? This is for the combo version, not a read/downsmash followup like that Nairo vid.
To spike with the kick, you must hit with the flames coming out of ZSS's shoe.

M@v

Subarashii!
To spike with the kick, you must hit with the flames coming out of ZSS's shoe.
I actually didn't know that so that's a huge help to me.

For this question, I was more so referring to what the general percent range/timing is that I can still hit them before they break out of hitstun/you overshoot or undershoot them when down bing at them for the spike. I'm assuming it changes due to more backthrow/nair knockback, and it eventually doesn't combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom