• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your worst match up?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I struggle against Lucario for two reasons. I don't understand the match up extremely well since I hardly ever encounter Lucario. My second reason is his rage-like aura that gives him an abundance of KO power. I have no Wii U, and I know this isn't a battle locator, but I'd like to go against any Lucario's struggling against Ness and hopefully teach each other how to deal with one another.

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
I struggle against Lucario for two reasons. I don't understand the match up extremely well since I hardly ever encounter Lucario. My second reason is his rage-like aura that gives him an abundance of KO power. I have no Wii U, and I know this isn't a battle locator, but I'd like to go against any Lucario's struggling against Ness and hopefully teach each other how to deal with one another.
This is definitely the wrong thread to post in, its supposed to be for lucarios bad match ups but I'd be willing to play you sometime my NNID is under my avatar.

Sloooooooooooow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bearissoslow
worst matchups are ness and pikachu imo, and even then i wouldn't say they go beyond 45-55. i don't see any other matchups being that much of an issue for lucario atp.

Cipherbrand

Smash Rookie
Only Falcon has a particularly glaring edge against me, as he practically ignores my zoning and outplays me mid-air unless I can utilize Double Team to shift the game's momentum in my favor if I can catch a Falcon Kick. (which I can do maybe 40% of the time.)

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I've gotten to where I don't have too much trouble with most players, but I still struggle against ROB and Diddy players, and depending on who's playing her, ZSS can give me trouble. I'm slowly starting to get better when playing against those three though. I used to have a tough time against Ness, Fox, and Captain Falcon players, but I've gotten better with them and now win more battles than I lose when playing against them.

The biggest problems I have with the 3 I mentioned, are how fast Diddy and ZSS are. Each Diddy player I've played against has a habit of faking out and roll dodging almost none stop. ZSS seems to have no cooldown after using her smash attacks, making it difficult to punish. ROB players are just flat out annoying and do nothing but spam projectiles and use their spin attack xP

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Fox is Lucario's worst matchup imo. I can't really properly space with him thanks to his reflector and his jab infinite is INCREDIBLY ridiculous and you have to play really safe against Fox...

Unless Lucario can't get jabbed infinitely now, which I doubt is the case. :\

Last edited:

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Fox is Lucario's worst matchup imo. I can't really properly space with him thanks to his reflector and his jab infinite is INCREDIBLY ridiculous and you have to play really safe against Fox...

Unless Lucario can't get jabbed infinitely now, which I doubt is the case. :\
I wouldn't say he's our worst match-up we have many tools to combat him. He has one of the most punishable recovery's of the cast and our dair can consistently hit him out of it. Plus we can juggle him for days. He has no kill throws or kill set ups out of throws so his kill moves are really predictable almost always a raw up-smash or nair to upsmash. Knowing that we can shield more at high aura and punish accordingly. That jab-infinite has caused me some trouble though I thought there was a way out of it but i guess not. Maybe spamming dair or DT can help when he finishes, idk.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Whenever i lose i usually admit it as difference of skill or my lack of experience against certain characters. I've never felt so overwhelmed by an opponent to think that it was because of Lucario. Most of the time it's characters i myself am not good at handling. (Luigi, R.O.B., Diddy, and ZSS) Everyone else i usually change my playstyle to counter my opponents character.

raidur45

Smash Rookie
Idk if I'm the only one, but I really struggle against a good Marth. I just can't can't seem to get close enough to rack some damage up. I also struggle against Falcons, Sheiks, and Links. And surprisingly, I have no trouble with the Lucario ditto.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Probably Falcon. You'd think it would be good because of how much damage he deals, but Falcon can KO you before you can get to High or Max Aura. And Falcon's physics just seem to work against Lucario, what with his speed and edgeguarding prowess.

Zer0Shade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0Shade
3DS FC
0104-0338-8112
I'd say Metaknight. Not only is he very fast and constantly on your face, he also has fast and powerful smashes that are impossible to punish because of their nonexistent ending-lag. Good Metaknights can also prevent Lucario from recovering straight on to the ledge, forcing him to land on the stage instead with the extremespeeds horrible end-lag.

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
for me it's ness that nair and up air stop my approach. Side b heal him and in close combat is grab goes out faster. it's not impossible but it's realy the only one that give me more trouble than falconnnnn

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Usually it's just best to not fight Ness in the air due to priority. Using Double Team is going to be common use as to punish the multiple hit-boxes from moves like PK Fire or the set-up from PK Thunder. (Which by the way, don't challenge Ness' PK thunder with Aura Sphere. Ness will slow down but he will still hit you in full power.)

Proper spacing is going to help with Ness and most characters.

fatalfoxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
plushmunch
I handle all of the cast well with lucario. It's only players who are better than me that I struggle with...except rosalina. I can handle diddys, ness players, pikachus, and etc. just fine. I feel like Rosalina is the best counter for lucario in the whole game. She has the tools to shut down lucario's grab game, aerials, and approaches in general, not without a skilled rosalina mind you, but I feel like in the matchup lucario has to risk everything to get a hit in while every circumstance rosalina has a safe option. The only reason I don't think falcon and sheik are in te same boat is because sheik has trouble killing lucario and lucario can poke falcon like no one's business.
Edit:meant string combo falcon, \
not poke

Last edited:
Top Bottom