• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your worst characters?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Thought this would be an interesting question to ask. What characters are you absolutely terrible with?

Personally, I can't use :4ganondorf:, :4villager:, or :rosalina: to save my life.

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
Let's see, my absolute worst have to be :4duckhunt:, :rosalina:, and :4peach:

I've messed around with everyone on the roster, and I can safely say these 3 are my bottom of the barrel worst characters.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
My worst characters would have to be :4wiifit::4miigun::4gaw::4falcon::4sheik::4olimar:

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
I have absolutely no clue what to do with :4olimar:, because all of his moves feel so weird to me. My strategy is usually "spam side b then throw out smash attacks when they get close." It is a... passable strategy against the CPU, but heaven help me if I'm ever forced to fight another human being using this guy.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
I have tried using Zelda but no matter how hard I try she doesn't click with me.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I will never be able to get a feel for Falco. I haven't been able to stand him n any game he's been in. His playstyle is so bizarre to me, and his nerfs in this game haven't made him more appealing. I also find Link, Ike, Greninja and Sonic really awkward to play.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Fast characters in general, really. Call me a scrub, but I'm just not used to handling that kind of speed in a 2-D fighter. :4olimar:deserves a mention too; I really can't be bothered to memorize what each Pikmin is good for and keep track of my Pikmin stock to make sure I have precisely the right ones for the current matchup and control which one is up front at all times just so my character can stand a chance against more than half the cast. :4zelda:and:4wiifit:are just bad and cumbersome to use in general (main them or not, you can't deny that they aren't exactly gonna be hitting top tier any time soon, assuming they don't get some massive buffs in the near future).

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
:4olimar: and :4metaknight:, just can't use them. Mostly Olimar, I have no idea what I'm supossed to do with him.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
As much as I like playing :4robinf: and would like to have her as a competitive pocket, I couldn't use her to save my life and I definitely need refinement with her. I'm not as good with :4peach:, :4littlemac: or :4bowserjr: as I'd like to be either, they are some of my favorite Nintendo characters and its sad that I stink with all 3.

And these guys, ooooooh these guys, they just refuse to work with me no matter what I do: :4kirby::4gaw::4miisword::4pikachu::4zelda::4dedede::4myfriends::4rob:.

I'm trying :4zss: and :4lucario: for a bit to see if I like them, I've only used em a few times but so far its not working out.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
I generally enjoy playing as every character, and I regularly just pick random for those times I just don’t care. But the characters I’m probably worst at are :4peach:,:4megaman: and :4zss:. People say the last one is easy and formulaic but I just never feel like I’m using her right?? And I can’t even land an up-b what the what man. :4pikachu:gets a special mention for all my quick attack SDs.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Geninja feels wierd and just, like, yucky to play. I don't get how you do things with him. I don't get Olimar, either, which seems to be a trend.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I suck as Kirby no matter how much I try with him. Half of the time I feel like I'm good with him, but other times it's like I feel like I should play as a character I best with. I don't play as Olimar much, but he's pretty much the same deal for me.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
:4zelda:by far. It's ridiculous how bad I'm with her.

And I'm not comfortable with :4wiifit:,:4megaman:.

D

Deleted member

I simply cannot use :4sheik: for the life of me. Her playing style has never clicked with me, even during the Melee days. I also suck hard as :4villager: and :4duckhunt: despite the fact they're the trolliest characters in the game and are what I find a pain in the arse to fight against.

Luniit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Emojavel
I become mentally ******** when i try to pick up :4olimar:

Its like he cant even attack when i control him, and its pretty much the same with :4megaman:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I feel I can play anyone in the roster to win against someone decently if not at least get them to their last stock when I lose. Although right now there are currently three exceptions:

:4wiifit:: Her moves feel clunky to me and I personally can't deal with the awkward hitboxes in most of her attacks.

:4lucario:: He felt just as awkward to me in Brawl as he does here. Maybe its because I don't play him too much anyway that I can't understand him.

:4peach:: At the moment she feels way too technical for me to get the hang of (coming from a Shulk main) but is fun to use. The one character in the game who I really want to get good with that I haven't already.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
:4yoshi: for sure. Yoshi's Island is my all-time favorite game and I want to main him so bad now that he's one of the top tiers. But his style is so awkward to me. I'm bad with most characters in smash, but yoshi is one of my worst - tied with :4zelda:

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
:4fox: (He's too hard for me to use, to be honest. His weird air mobility was just something I never managed to catch onto.)

:4zss: (I just never understood her play style.)

:4peach:(I admit, she's a good character. However, I've never been able to utilize her floating ability properly. She's a technical character, which makes her hard to use.)
:4dk:(Worst heavyweight character in my opinion. Too easy to juggle, not enough options and a horrible vertical recovery make Donkey Kong one of my worst characters overall.)

:4falcon:(His grab is kinda awkward, because the timing is a little hard to get used to... Plus, he really doesn't fit in my play style.)

:4palutena:(One of the worst characters in the game. A lot of start lag for a cluster of moves, awkward hitboxes, bad grab, and more make her relatively unreliable.)

:4littlemac:(I hate Little Mac. Because of the constant For Glory Little Macs I've encountered, I've refused to pick him up.)

:4sonic:(I DESPISE Sonic the Hedgehog, not just as a smasher, but as a series overall. (yes, I said it. Sue me) Not to mention, the most annoying character to go against. He's too hard to punish, too powerful, have I mentioned TOO annoying... All I have to say to him is to gtf out of this game. I've tried him a few times, never understood how to use him.)

:4wiifit:(She/He's got strange hitboxes, weird range and a bad grab. But, to be fair, she is pretty decent.)

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Probably :4villager: or :4sheik:

Man, ever since Villager was announced I was so psyched to play as him...

Then I got the demo. Oh lordy loo! I don't think he's meant for me at all. As much as I love his moveset, I feel like he can't play the way I want to play him (super aggressive). I'm sure it's doable, he's just not a character that feels good in my hands...

Sheik's weird. She looks like a standard rushdown character to me but her moveset is surprisingly technical, it's hard to play. Also still baffles me why her side-b isn't bouncing fish. Oh wellz.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:4dedede::4fox::4zelda::4zss::4villager::4wiifit::4rob::4peach::4megaman::4greninja::4lucario::4duckhunt: all fit in this category.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have no idea what to do with :4zss:. I recently tried her but it didn't quite work out for me.
And :4fox:is too damn fast for me to handle. I pretty much prefer :4falco:.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
-I suck in using :4diddy:,:4fox:,:4shulk:,:4megaman:,:4pacman:,:4falco:,:4littlemac:.
-I would main them but I'm not good with :4palutena:,:rosalina:,:4rob:,:4jigglypuff:,:4zss:,:4ganondorf:.

Mjolnir/Hunter101

Smash Cadet
NNID
ryfennn
awful with Shiek, bad with Zelda, and for some reason normal Pit feels wierd to me. Palutena i can sometimes beat a CPU with, but never another person. Meta Knight i can't play, despite his suppoused OPness.
generally im best with fighters who are heavy to middle class wieght, and while i can manage Fox i typically am not good with combo heavy characters.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
awful with Shiek, bad with Zelda, and for some reason normal Pit feels wierd to me. Palutena i can sometimes beat a CPU with, but never another person. Meta Knight i can't play, despite his suppoused OPness.
generally im best with fighters who are heavy to middle class wieght, and while i can manage Fox i typically am not good with combo heavy characters.
Metaknight is only OP in brawl, he's solid mid tier in Sm4sh.

Mjolnir/Hunter101

Smash Cadet
NNID
ryfennn
Metaknight is only OP in brawl, he's solid mid tier in Sm4sh.
true. i tend to forget that sometimes. i suppose the main reason i cant play him has more to with his attack range and weight. compared to my preffered characters MK's range feels very short.

Top Bottom