• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your worst beatdown yet

Scylen

Smash Cadet
anybody have a story of horrible disgrace where they started a match and thought ha he's going down or whatever, only to have your @$$ handed to you? Any thoughts on what you did wrong or would do diffrently? who were you playing as and who did they pick?

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
Aw, c'mon. The "Just because you've never heard of players doesn't mean they suck" topic gets three pages, but this can't even get another post?

I can think of one time, specifically. I just about knew I wasn't going to win, but I was definately humilated after it.

My Ness sucked. Curious why, I find my way into the Ness boards. I read some topics, watched a couple videos, and while they helped, they didn't cure my problem. So I decide to take it to the next level: getting personal help. I looked around the boards, trying to find somebody that knew what they were talking about. Found one...Earthbound360. I send a PM off his way asking for assistence. We exchanged messages for a couple of days, until I finally got bold enough to ask him for an exam. EB360 agreed he'd see what my Ness was like. We finally fight each other online, and for about 3/4 of the matches, I could somewhat hold my own. But this one time...well, it didn't work out that way.

It was a Ness duo. FD, no items, the usual. To this day, I'm...really not sure what happened. I mean, it was utter destruction. Can't even remember if I got him down a single stock or not. Needless to say, he crushed me, and did it in Replay-saving time. For the next 15 seconds or so, I just watched the TV, stunned. That's the *only* time somebody's 4-stocked me in less than 3 minutes.

As terribly not-interesting as the story was, it was crucial to my Ness career...it only made me want to practice as him more. My only regret was that I didn't save the replay. It would be aptly titled, "What not to do when playing as Ness."

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
My semifinal match with Bardull in the Smash Wars tournament was pretty embarrassing. One suicide at the VERY beginning, and I just did poorly overall.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Me(Fox) vs my friend(Dedede).Last stock,hes at 95%,I am at 20%.
Then it happenend:
Gordo + bair + fsmash.It was so fast tha i didnt believed it.I felt so stupid xD.
At least I won the set(Thanks a lot Marth XD).

PS:I know...bad DI ftl.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
i dont know where to start:

i was Sonic vs Didey kong Bowser and Meta Knight
i had 78% damage and a smash ball appeared and a poke ball
so im thinking grab the smash ball and save yoursefl well i missed...crud...
Didey Kong grabe the poke ball and threw it at Bowser and Didey grabed the smash ball
im thinking "oh crap" the pokemon that came out was the one that shoots out the big lazer
and exactly at that time he used the smash ball he hit me with a peanut and i flew strait into the lazer... there was no way out it was some crazy crap i flew off the map with meta knight and bowser
———————
here is some advice: never miss a good chance to shut up...

pirkid

Smash Lord
Me against my close friends, haven't played him yet.

Me as Kirby, him as Olimar.
1st Stock: Death Combo'd, Kirby -1
2nd Stock: Read 1st Stock
3rd Stock: Olimar fails recovery, Olimar -1.
4th Stock Read 1st Stock.

Of course, I learned how to avoid it mostly as we played (We played for quite a while, it was a free day for us), but ****, i got owned silly.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Probably the first time my friend played olimar against me. From the way he talked about his "training" with olimar it sounded like he wasn't that good with him yet. Little did i know, he overcame his troubles :urg: . Was 5 stock, he had 3 left i had 1, whereas were normally 1 on 1 at the end.. I'm not ever underestimating him again lol :ouch: .

TheAverageSmasher

Smash Rookie
I played DEHF with my Marth. He used Sonic. I thought to myself that Sonic sucks and I could AT LEAST do somewhat well against him.

I got owned. Horribly.

Top Bottom