• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Top Newcomers

Leslithulu

Smash Rookie
If you could add 25 brand new characters to Smash 4 as DLC who would they be?
A few rules
Ok, 25 seems excessive. Feel free to add anywhere from 5-25
-Rank them in order of desire
-Give the game they are from and one reason you want them
-If the character is from multiple games give the first they were in
-This thread is not limited to characters from Nintendo series or even characters that have any chance of getting in. Pipedreams are welcome.
-This thread is open to characters from any series of games, as long as they are actually from a game.
-Feel free to discuss/critique in a positive manner.
-Be respectful of others

I'll start with my list:
1. Kay Farday (Ace Attorney Investigations)-Little Thief would be awesome

2. Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)-Who can say no to this game. Also the air pump would be great.

3. Ninten (Mother)- Round out the trio of protagonists.

4. Tetra (Wind Waker)-Toon Link is lonely.

5. Trucy Wright (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)-Mr. Hat

6. Wonder Momo (Wonder Momo)-The wonder hoop.

7. Flint (Mother 3)-Flint is basically the coolest dad character of all time.

8. Lyndis (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)- More leading ladies can never hurt.

9. Jack (Harvest Moon)- He could have a fatigue system.

10. Eve Belduke (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)-Her gauntlet

11. Iris Watson (Dai Gyakuten Saiban:Naruhodō Ryūnosukeno Bōken)-She's a doctor at the age of 8

12. Libble and Rabble (Libble Rabble)-They could be like Ice Climbers, but able to run on 3DS.

13. Hata No Kokoro (Hopeless Masquerade)-The masks could change her abilities.

14. Saki (Acceleration of Suguri)-The Big Bang Bell would make all fear her.

15. Luke Triton (Professor Layton)-He's adorable. Also he can talk to animals.

16. Suika Ibuki (Immaterial and Missing Power)-She has the raw power to be a great bruiser. This game needs more strong female melee fighters.

17. Davesprite (Namco High)- He's been in a game. He could combine swordplay and puppet play.

18. Arma (Recettear)-Her interchangeable arms would give her so much possibility.

19. Gordon Freeman (Half Life)-Crowbar.

20. Tarosuke (Youkai Douchuuki)-He's a little kid fighting through hordes of youkai to visit Buddha.

21. Silhouette Guy (Every game for the Wii)- The one from the wrist strap warning. He could knock lamps onto people.

22. Falcom (Hyperdimension Neptunia)-How could anyone not love her.

23. Tita (Legend of Heroes)-Cannons.

24. Mappy (Mappy)-He could arrest people.

25. Professor Layton (Professor Layton)-Is tea a weapon? He could use tea as a weapon if he tried.

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would add.

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Bayonetta
4. Bomberman
5. Shantae
6. Shovel Knight
7. Amaterasu (Okami)
8. Knuckles (Sonic)
9. Isaac (Golden Sun)
10. Snake (MGS)

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
1. Tharja (Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Spear Guy (Yoshi's Island)
3. Koops (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
4. Black Knight
5. Hitmonlee

I only voted Tharja out of this wanted list though.

ODonsky

Smash Rookie
Most people seeing this will probably hate it because everyone says Mario and Pokémon are overrepresented, but I don't care about that. Those are Nintendo's best and most popular franchises and I love their characters so that's why they populate the majority of my list.

20. Meowth: Originally planned for SSB64, not my ideal choice for a DLC character (obviously since he's number 20), but I still think it would be cool since Meowth is a very popular and charismatic character made popular by the anime.

19. Dry Bowser: Could be a pretty cool Bowser clone, I saw a post suggesting Dry Bowser as Bowser's Brawl move set, I'd be cool with that.

18. Ancient Minister: I know it's just R.O.B. in a cloak, but Dr. Mario is just Mario in a doctor costume. I don't think it should be a R.O.B. clone, but a unique move set could be created with a bit of creativity.

17. Mew: If Mewtwo is in the game, Mew should be too. Just make it so that adding Mew to the game gets rid of Mew as a Pokéball character. Since it can learn every TM in Pokémon a move set would be easy to make.

16. Wolf: He was in Brawl, and everyone likes him, bring him back.

15. Ghirahim: We need more villains and more Zelda representation, and Ghirahim is just totally cool and would fit perfectly.

14. Birdo: Birdo has been a fringe Mario character for quite some time, and has gained much popularity in that time. A very unique move set could be made using that egg-shooter thing that her mouth is.

13. Toad: It will be awkward with Peach's special being "Toad", but he's been an integral part of the Mario universe since the second installment, making him much more deserving of a roster spot than Robin, whose debut was in 2012.

12. Ice Climbers: I don't care if Sakurai has to get rid of the pair mechanic that they're famous for, they should just be playable somehow, preferably as a pair though.

11. King K. Rool: We need more DK representation, more villains, and more heavyweight characters. K Rool is perfect.

10. Psyduck: I don't know how nobody has thought of this. Psyduck is extremely notable due to his role in the anime. And yes, I know that Nintendo doesn't really have to do with the anime, but Pikachu is basically a mascot for Nintendo and is famous thanks to the anime, so Psyduck would be great. Plus his headache thing from the show could be used for a final smash.

9. Baby Mario: Not Paper Mario, Baby Mario. It's not a clone of Mario, it has a completely different move set. A palette change could be Baby Luigi, that would be pretty cool.

8. Petey Piranha: How is this not perfect?! I know his appearance in Brawl is much too big for a playable character, but look at his size in Mario Super Sluggers, it's perfect for a heavyweight character! Also the move set could be so unique and awesome.

7. Primid: Again, I don't know how this isn't a popular suggestion. The Subspace Emissary was so fun, and the Primids are iconic simply because of that. They are already a part of the Super Smash Bros series, and since there are so many types of Primids a move set could be derived from moves from the differing types (Boomerang, Fire, etc.).

6. Koopa Troopa: One of the most iconic enemies in video-game history, a Koopa Troopa would be perfect for Smash Bros. It deserves a spot because of it's history.

5. Waluigi: Most everybody wants him in the game. Such a silly character, but one who has grown on us Mario fans and it now seems like an injustice to not include him as a playable character. Just make a patch that removes him as an Assist Trophy and put him in as playable character.

4. Bulbasaur: Ivysaur's move set, but on a Bulbasaur, because Ivysaur is so irrelevant and Bulbasaur is just the opposite. It's the first Pokémon, one of Ash's originals, and it's just one of the most iconic Pokémon ever. Also because I'm strongly in favor of bringing all of the old Smash Bros characters back (except Young Link because of Toon Link, and Roy because we don't need two Marth clones).

3. Squirtle: Same reasons as why Bulbasaur should be playable, Squirtle is classic, and playable in Brawl, so bring him back.

2. Pichu: If Nintendo's most popular character gets a clone in Smash, so should its second. Pichu is playable in Melee as we all know, so we have to bring it back, we just have to.

1. Goomba: I'm not trolling. Goomba is the most recognizable and iconic enemy in video-game history. Its move set could include becoming a Paragoomba for its up special, and its down special could be a stomp with the Kuribo's Shoe. I know it wouldn't be as "cool" as more popular suggestions like Bayonetta and Shovel Knight, but it is just so deserving and would fit better than people think.

Burruni

Smash Hero
1. Bandana Dee - The Rosalina of recent Kirby games who wields a unique weapon for smash (a spear).

2. Ganon - Underrated Heavy-Weight Villain newcomer. Gives the more magic-based moveset many have pleaded for with Ganondorf. Zelda roster becomes 2 Links, 2 Zeldas, 2 Ganons.

3. Inklings - Nintendo IPs are feast or famine in their love. Splatoon being such a hyped and popular new IP with tons of Smash Potential screams for their inclusion.

4. King K. Rool - Has earned his role as a heavy weight trickster to help show Donkey Kong as an IP some more love in Smash.

5. Anna - The madam who has made her place in 12 of the 13 Fire Emblem titles to date. Wielding lances, staves, and swords in Awakening and ending up being the most powerful boss of the series as the Superboss of Apotheosis DLC.

6. Waluigi - More quirky and interesting character than Daisy to represent the Mario Spin-Offs with an odd growing fanbase and demand for his own game.

7. Ashley - Warioware and Wario Land/World has over a dozen games combined and more than justifies a second rep. The little witch with her 40% accurate spells and potions seems like a great fit.

8. Marshal - Rhythm Heaven has that odd charm to it and a strong enough following to catch Sakurai's eye and possibly was programming a fighter. Marshal's my preferred character because his moveset could share the theme of Mr. G&W by being a mixed bag from various mini-games of the series.

9. Donbe & Hikari - My pocket want as a Retro character whose moveset, like their own game, could be a bit of a joke derived from various relics and mythos from Japanese culture/history. (Shin Onigashima)

10. Isaac - I just respect Golden Sun too much to not let the Geomancer Magiknight not be on this list.

11. Black Mage - Honestly, if I got a choice for a 3rd Party newcomer, I have to give it to the iconic magician of destruction from the Final Fantasy series. Having an arsenal of spells across FF's many titles and already appearing in 2 Mario Spin-offs is enough for me to write him in.

12. Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) - The cute little demon canonically can be fused to hold a wide arsenal of abilities in the core series for Atlus, a company with some good ties to Nintendo and was recently bought out by SEGA.

There are a few more I could list but I feel like going any further would b too low quality of characters to really mark for this.

Top Bottom