• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Top most wanted by categories!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Most wanted newcomer:
-Bandana Dee
-Toad

Most wanted retro character:
-Mach Rider

Most wanted third-party character:
-Tails
-Crash Bandicoot
-Bomberman

Most wanted indie rep:
-Shovel Knight

Most wanted echo fighters:
-Alph
-Proto Man
-Metal Sonic

Least wanted newcomer:
-Any 4th Party Character

Will never happen but I want to:
-Red Angry Bird

Most wanted bosses:
-Macho Dedede
-Plasm Wraith
-Ultra Necrozma
-Ender Dragon

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Sounds fun, let me give it a shot.

Most wanted newcomer
-Dixie Kong

Most wanted retro character
-DK Jr

Most wanted third-party character
-Geno

Most wanted indie rep
-Shantae

Most wanted echo fighters
-Proto Man (Smash 4 custom moves)
-Medusa (Smash 4 custom moves)
-Gooey (Use tongue for standard B, like Yoshi)

Least wanted newcomer
-More FE characters

Will never happen but I want to
-Conker
-Kerrigan, Queen of Blades

Most wanted bosses
-Mother Brain (Super Metroid)
-Dr. Wily
-Arcade Donkey Kong
-The remaining Brawl bosses

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There are too many characters I really want to list them out and many of them share a category. I’ll try to narrow them down to one per category and not repeat characters. Here’s what I ultimately went with:

Most Wanted:
Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)

These have been my brother’s favorite video game characters since we were kids and it would be awesome to see them get in. They have a really cool classic design and flashy moveset that would translate great to Smash, not to mention the great music.

Retro Character:
Magus (Chrono Trigger)

Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games ever and Magus is my favorite character. Unfortunately, Crono is far more likely than Magus but I feel Magus would offer more to Smash. He has a unique weapon and a variety of magic spells.

Third Party character:
Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)

Admittedly, I mostly want Illidan because I love his design. Blizzard has some amazing character design in general and their characters are stylish and colorful without being cartoony. I had a lot of fun playing Warcraft 3 in High School and I believe both Warcraft and Starcraft are hugely underrated as far as Smash goes.

Indie Character:
Shovel Knight

I’ve never really gotten into Indie games but I like Shovel Knight’s design and he seems like he would be fun.

Echoes:
Impa, Medusa, Dry Bowser, Zack

Least wanted:
Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy’s)

I really dislike his design and it would annoy me a bit if he got in. Out of the popular choices, I don’t really care much for cartoony platformer characters but I wouldn’t be upset with their inclusion. Crash at least deserves it for his legacy.

Will never happen but I want:
Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)

Zegram is a badass space pirate from one of my favorite games on the PS2. He is even voiced by one of my favorite actors (Steve Blum). In my opinion, he has probably the coolest design I’ve ever seen for a video game character. Unfortunately, his chances are as close to 0 as you can get. Not only has he never appeared on a Nintendo console, he isn’t even the main character of his game.

Bosses:
Ansem or Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)

I’ve never thought much about anything other than characters but I think Ansem or Xemnas would make for cool boss fights with their alternate forms. I would rather they be playable but I’ll take what I can get.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Always nice to see fun threads like this pop up. Let’s give it a whirl.

• Most wanted newcomer
-Shantae. The last of my biggest wants (K Rool, Ridley, and Min Min were my other top 4 picks prior to Ultimate’s announcement).

• Most wanted retro character
-Does a Darkstalkers rep count since they haven’t had a new game in 22 years? No? Alright fine I’d say either Mach Rider or Excitebike, I think a mounted character would make for an interesting moveset.

• Most wanted third-party character
-A new fighting game rep (preferably someone from Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear, or Amingo from MvC2)

-Phoenix Wright plus Maya Fey (bonus points if half the costumes are an Apollo and Athena tag team; that limits Maya to just being an assistant and not using the non-canon version of her powers from MvC3 but I’m ok with that.)

-a character from Fate (a series I think people are sleeping on for their chances given how massive a game series it is in Japan)

-Travis Touchdown (THE MII COSTUME WAS HIS ‘TRAVIS STRIKES AGAIN’ OUTFIT HE’LL COME AS A FULL CHARACTER IN HIS CLASSIC LOOK I’M NOT IN DENIAL YOU’RE IN DENIAL)

• Most wanted indie rep
Shantae as mentioned above. Beyond that?

-Zagreus from Hades (definitely too late but if there’s ever a pass 3...)

-Otus from Owlboy

-Juan from Guacamelee as the out of nowhere dark horse pick. We need more grapplers.

• Most wanted echo fighters
-Kumatora over Lucas (he’s already stolen her moves, might as well use her body!)

-Hawlucha over Incineroar (going back to Melee clones having their main difference being scaled down sizes like Young Link, making him smaller, lighter, and faster than Incineroar. I love his playstyle, but I don’t like Incineroar’s design.)

-Octolings over Inklings (duh)

-Edelgard over Ike (BUT FIRE EMBLEM BAD- hush. Big heavy sword swings -> big heavy ax swings. She even has a younger and older design to fit Ike’s split ages!)

-Metal Sonic over Sonic (the objectively superior Sonic clone choice, get rekt Shadow)

-Viridi or Hades over Palutena (for Viridi, go the Melee clone route and make her smaller, and switch the light effects to... nature or that thorny effect reset bombs have. For Hades, just switch the light effects to darkness and maybe one or two more vicious animations on his attacks. Make it meta how he literally had to make a staff for himself to fit Palutena’s moveset. And keep the pole dance taunt.)

• Least wanted newcomer
-Master Chief. I don’t hate him, I just have no attachment to Halo. If I wanted a fun FPS rep I’d push for Heavy. If I wanted an FPS rep who’s a green suited space marine with a wide arsenal of weapons from an incredibly influential franchise, I’d pick Doomslayer.

-Gen 8 starters or legendaries. I feel a new pokemon is inevitable, but if it is, I want it to be something cool that got early popularity like Toxtricity or Dragapult. None of the starters really caught my attention and the legendaries would make people so salty that a Pokemon AND a swordie got in. ...Ok actually I want to see that meltdown so badly so maybe Zacian gets a pass

-Scorpion. There’s dozens of fighting games I like more than Mortal Kombat, and of the two major MK mascots I like Sub-Zero better.

-Ryu Hayabusa. Never really cared for Ninja Gaiden, but I also just feel like a lot of his support is random bandwagon jumpers from when that was a popular DLC leak. I maybe heard him mentioned 2-3 times back in Smash 4 days, and another 2-3 times prior to Ultimate’s DLC... and now all of a sudden he’s on every other youtube list of most wanted dlc reps.

• Will never happen but I want to
-Ghirahim, Isaac, Waluigi (trapped in assist trophy purgatory)

-Tingle (I defy you to tell me why Tingle should be passed up for Impa when he’s starred in his own games while Impa is a decrepit old woman for half of her appearances)

-Oda Nobunaga (a major character but not the main character of the Fate series, but damnit I wanna summon 1,000 flying muskets and give Kirby the raddest hat in the universe)

-Big the Cat (unironically the only other Sonic character I actually want as a unique playable character do not question me)

-Tabuu (ok seriously but wouldn’t that be cool)

• Most wanted bosses
Probably too late for bosses, but I’ll toss some in anyway.

-Eggman in one of his giant mechs

-Return of Tabuu

-The Wonderful 100/101 (hey, getting stage-sized weapons would be broken for a character... but what about a boss?)

-Hades from Kid Icarus (HOW DID THIS NOT HAPPEN)

-Kraid (you’ve got the model right there c’mon guys!)

-If Shantae got in, the Part Omni Organic, Partially Titanic, Ocean Operating Tinkerslug (don’t call it P.O.O.P.T.O.O.T.)

-Majora (Mask, Incarnation, and Wrath could make for a great multi-stage boss.)
I mean I'd like to play as Tingle and I know people want to play as the hot young Impa, but I want to be a decrepit old woman. That would be really hot.

Top Bottom