• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Top 8 Items 4 Brawl

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Tired of seeing lame as garbage piss poor pityful items like "Spicy Curry" and "Fire Flower"? Well just for some fresh speculation, list your top eight most wanted items that you would like to appear on Brawl, and a brief description on what your item would do. I'll go first.

1. The "POW" Box (Super Mario Bros 2 & 3)

It appeared on Smash 64. What on earth happened to it? If it were to make a comeback, it should have the same effect as before, to make any character foolish enough to still be on the ground skyrocket in the air whenever someone hits it. That and now you should be able to throw it at your foes.

2. The Golden Gauntlets (Ocarina of Time)

These have like soooo got to be on the game! The wielder of these awesome items should have enhanced strength to cause double damage to there opponents. Furthermore, whoever gets hit by them should be knocked back further than usual.

3. Wii Zapper (Nintendo Wii)

Whoa mama! This firearm looks positively sleek!! Perhaps this should just replace the Ray Gun. Also, it should have the same effects of the ray gun on Smash 64. To juggle the opponent and make there bone anatomy show.

4. Ether Medallion (LoZ: A Link to the Past)

A truly awesome item once you get a hold of it. Whoever activates it, the function should freeze the screen, then, ice orbs should appear and disappear after 5 seconds. As a result, it turns everybody on the screen to ice.

5. The Master Ball (Pokemon)

Oh yeah! This item is long overdue to appear. The person who picks this badboy up will have the luxury of making a legendary pokemon appear without worrying whether or not the pokeball will be a total dud.

6. Speed Booster (Metroid)

Where the heck are all the Metroid Items at? Anyways, the user of this gismo should run really fast so that shadows come out of the person. The shadows and the user damage anyone on the field when they dash into them.

7. Rambi The Rhino (Donkey Kong Country)

I also see that there's a lack of DK items on the game. So I guess Rambi would make a great addition as an assist character. What he does? What usually any rhino would do. Charge into any character and send them flying. Oh yeah, and anybody who jumps on it's back when he's not glowing red can control his rampaging nature.

8. Lightning Shield (Sonic 2 & 3)

I've always like this item, just because it looks cool. What it would do is give the user an extra jump and the little static electricity during the jump would cause anybody damage that just so happen to be near the jumper.

Well, what is your list? Got any good items that you want to be in Brawl. Post your ideas and comments here.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
I think that the ocarina of time should be an item... You play it, and based on the song, something happens. For example, if it plays Zelda'a lulaby (please excuse my spelling, i'm unsure on how you spell it), then everybody falls asleep for a few seconds.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
My items list:
1. Phazon suit- Increased strength, hurts on contact
2. Summoner- assist trophy feom FE, which summons a random creature from SSE, pokemon, or another assist.
3. Blue shell- Pretty much an instant KO for the person in the lead
4. Home rubber bat- Fake bat that barely does damage
5- Ninja headband (NO reference to Naruto)- When strapped on, you can jump high and will auto-dodge most attacks
I can only think of 5, will maybe add more.

Gamer2774

Smash Cadet
How about instead of the wii zapper, it's link's crossbow? anyway here are my picks:
1. AT, Six machine from Viewtiful Joe, comes in and fires at all characters from the side
2. AT, Joker from Viewtiful Joe, slashes and shoots people
3. AT, Meteos, meteos fall from the sky and hurt opponents
4. Stylus (DS stylus), Character picks it up and pokes people with it
that's all I can think of for now

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's electric shield could attract items like it attracted rings in the games!

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
1. Spiny Shell (Mario Kart) just like a normal shell except it flys to the nearest opponent and has a lot of knockbacks.
2. Wii remote (Wii) simply, just toss it. Even after being thrown, the item stays for a while. Has a lot of knockback
3. AT: Tetris Blocks (Tetris) Simply, a bunch of tetris blocks comes falling from the sky.
4. Pokeball: Arcanine (Pokemon) He uses Overheat running around the battlefield hurting people.
5. Bombchu (LoZ) Set it on the ground and it will go straight until it hits something.
6. Item Box (Sonic the hedgehog) Jump on TOP of it and an item will come out of it. Its different from other item boxes like Crates or Capsules because you can't pick it up.
7. AT: Knuckles (Sonic the hedgehog) Creates an earthquake using his fist and everyone except the summoner will get grounded.

i can't think of #8 xD

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
The Gauntlets would be interesting, but I'd rather them let you pick someone up and carry them around easily, and the same with barrels and crates. I think that would make more sense.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
1. The Power Glove! (Nintendo's worst try at a gaming peripheral)

the power glove makes it really hard to control your character, sometimes your character just moves at random

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
1. Magic Carpet (Super Mario Bros 2)- grants anyone to glide across the stage
2. AT- Dr. Eggman(Sonic series)
3. Pokeball- Ditto- transform into you and fight alongside you
4. Bee shroom(Super Mario Galaxy)- grants you the ability to use multiple jumps like Kirby and MetaKnight for a short time

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
1.POW block, you already explained this one
2.Blue shell, goes to the player in first and blows up, dealing significant knockback, if the player in first gets it, it goes to the player in second, and so on
3.chain chomp AT, you are latched to the end of its chain as it rampages around, damaging opponents.
4.Goron, Zora, and Deku masks, transforms you into said creature for a short amount of time.
5.speedy/slow mo flowers, makes you move extra fast or slow for a small amount of time.
6.poison food, same as food but it damages you instead of healing you. Looks different than normal food.

I cannot think of any more right now.
________
DN-01

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
[Not in any particular order]

1. Banana Peel [Mario Kart]
{Enviormental Hazard}
Players who step on the peel would slide all the way to the edge of the stage.

2. Tennis Racket [Wii Sports ; Mario Tennis]
{Weapon}
Used just like the Beam Sword, HR Bat, Fan, etc.

3. Balloon Backpack [If Balloon Fighter isn't confirmed in any way]
{Ability Enhancement}
User can float around the stage until opponent pops (attacks) the balloons, or when the balloons run out of helium.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
1.POW block, you already explained this one
2.Blue shell, goes to the player in first and blows up, dealing significant knockback, if the player in first gets it, it goes to the player in second, and so on
3.chain chomp AT, you are latched to the end of its chain as it rampages around, damaging opponents.
4.Goron, Zora, and Deku masks, transforms you into said creature for a short amount of time.
5.speedy/slow mo flowers, makes you move extra fast or slow for a small amount of time.
6.poison food, same as food but it damages you instead of healing you. Looks different than normal food.

I cannot think of any more right now.
1. Spiny Shell (Mario Kart) just like a normal shell except it flys to the nearest opponent and has a lot of knockbacks.
2. Wii remote (Wii) simply, just toss it. Even after being thrown, the item stays for a while. Has a lot of knockback
3. AT: Tetris Blocks (Tetris) Simply, a bunch of tetris blocks comes falling from the sky.
4. Pokeball: Arcanine (Pokemon) He uses Overheat running around the battlefield hurting people.
5. Bombchu (LoZ) Set it on the ground and it will go straight until it hits something.
6. Item Box (Sonic the hedgehog) Jump on TOP of it and an item will come out of it. Its different from other item boxes like Crates or Capsules because you can't pick it up.
7. AT: Knuckles (Sonic the hedgehog) Creates an earthquake using his fist and everyone except the summoner will get grounded.

i can't think of #8 xD
I thought of the shell first. Also, a Crazy hand AT would be cool. He comes out and uses one of his attacks.

Croco

Smash Lord
  1. 1. Goomba's Shoe(SMB3)

Players wear a giant shoe which covers 70-80% of their body. The shoe works just like the hammer.. but it only deals damage if a player can stomp on a enemy.
  2. 2. Carrot (SML2)

Players grow bunny ears which allow them to float back on to the stage.
  3. 3. Ice Rod (LoZ:LTtP)

Fires a ice blast which freezes enemies.
  4. 4. Power Bomb (Super Metroid)

Fires a blast which covers the entire screen..
  5. 5. Fairy in a bottle (Zelda Series)

Cures entire health whoever uses it.
  6. 6. Dragon Pot (Wario Land)

Players wear a dragon hat which spits small stream of fire.
  7. 7. Hammer Suit (SMB3)

Players wear a black helmet and can throw hammers just like the hammer bros.
  8. 8. Music Box (SMB3)

Puts enemies to sleep for a brief period of time.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
Okay, lets se what I can come up with :

1 : Boo Mushroom: (Mario Galaxy):
It turns you into a Boo version of your
character and you cannot be hurt and can pass through solid areas. If you are in a wall when
you transform back you will just be shot out where you're closest to. You can still attack, but
your moves are weakened a little though.​

2 : Electric Shield (Sonic):
While you have the shield, items are attracted to you,
excluding Smash Balls. When you get hit once it disappears.​

3: Shadow (Sonic) AT -
He uses 1 of 2 different attacks. He either uses Chaos Blast to create an explosion(naw durr) or he turns red and uses Chaos Control to slow time and
appears in front of your enemies and attacks them with punches and kicks.​

4: Ring Capsule:
You don't pick this item up to use it, you have to attack it.
Depending on the number of rings (5,10,20, and so on) your % will go down that much.​

5: Dialga (Pokeball):
He would use Roar of Time to create a giant explosion that is
extremely powerful.​

6: Palkia (pokeball):
It would use Spacial Rend to slash and create a large rend of
course. It hangs around for about 20 seconds , and if you get hit by the slash it is
EXTREMELY POWERFUL!​

7: Magic Carpet (Mario Bros 2):
You can fly while you have this item you can glide
around and your opponents can't get on it but you can attack them.​

8 : Rambi Box (DK Barrel Blast) :
Attack the box and you are suddenly on Rambi!
You control him and run around the stage attacking people.​

There are my ideas.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Iron Boots

Your character puts these on (just like they would the Franklin Badge) and you walk incredibly slow, but suffer minimal knockback. Low-knockback moves don't even make you flinch!

Great Fairy Sword

In Majora's Mask, it wouldn't replace your main sword. Instead, you put it as a C-button item. In Smash, it doesn't replace your smash attacks (how convenient!) instead, it replaces your A tilts. Your A tilts now hit with the sword for high damage and somewhat higher knockback. However, when it falls out of your hands, it disappears (you wouldn't want your enemy to have this!) serving as a balancing feature, so the sword can only be used so much and wouldn't be a "broken item" like the Spicy Curry.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I'll narrow it down to two:

Energy Tank: From Mega Man, restores all of your health.

Rock Candy: From SMRPG, throw it to damage enemies.

Hell, Sakurai could announce just those two items and I'd be set, no characters here!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
This is a joke, right?
Nope, I detest over rated completely random fire based items.

But anyways, these are all great item suggestions!! My favorites thus far are the Goomba Shoe, Fierce Deity Sword, Ice Rod, and Magic Carpet. Oh and the Chomp Chomp for AT was an awesome suggestion too.

Lemme think....do I have anymore?

1. Ice Flower (Super Mario Galaxy)
The user turns into ice version of themselves, and can fire ice balls at there opponents freezing them for a short while.

2. Ride Armor (Megaman)
Whoever gets into this baby can pummel there opponents with stomping, drilling with module, and can shoot his/her opponent with laser beams.

3. Sniper Rifle (Starfox Assault)
You are able to pick opponents of at a distance. 2 hits is an instant K.O.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
[Not in any particular order]

1. Banana Peel [Mario Kart]
{Enviormental Hazard}
Players who step on the peel would slide all the way to the edge of the stage.
Lol, that item would be so broken. Besides, there's already a banana peal item. It's also far less effective. (I'ma update this post in a bit.)

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
1) Majora's Mask (Zelda) (AT)
The Mask latches on to whoever summoned it, granting them enhanced attack power, as well as adding a darkness effect to your tilts and smashes. Disappears after around 45 seconds.

2) Boost Pad (F-Zero)
Appears as a electrified ball. When thrown, and after it lands, it turns into a booster. Touching it causes you to rocket an IMENSE speed in whatever direction you were going. Disappears after 15 seconds.

3) Hanafuda Card (Nintendo)
This pretty card activates right after you grab it. A decorative array of watercolor flowers spins gracfully across the stage, injuring anyone (including the user) it touches.

4) Super Machine (Nintendo)
This odd contraption is held like a gun, firing 10 high powered ping-pong balls one at a time.

5) Ultra Hand (Nintendo)
This extenedable griper sometimes has a boxing glove attached. Without the glove, it can be used to bring items and enemies toward you. It pushes things away with the glove, however.

6) Mega Glove (Smash Bros.)
A small glove, but upon putting it on, you randomly use one of the Hand Bros.'s attacks!

7) Magikarp (Pokemon) (Pokeball)
Magikarp flops helplessly around the stage. If hit enough, it evoles into Gyrados, and attacks everone except the person who got the last hit in.

8) Horse (Fire Emblem) (AT)
The noble steed allows whoever summoned it to ride. It is fast, and can jump once. Simply ramming enemies causes massive damage!

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
1. Boost Ball: Miss SWD anyone? Hold A to charge, and that's what you get, along with a significantly powerful ramming attack. It looks like a mini-morph ball when held, and when used the player turns into a morph ball for a few seconds, long enough to dash.

All I can think of XD

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
In no specific order:
1. Pow block

2. Shell shield, in mario kart 3 shells circled you untill someone ran into you or you shot they away

3. Warp pipe/cannon, it would be hidden, you throw it down, when someone runs over it they immediately shoot down into the cannon and are shot out in a random direction.

4. Deku nut, temporarly stuns enemies

5.Bombchu(sp?), when set off, it runs all around the stage wildly and randomly (unlike the bomb omb) and explodes at random times. could take 10 sec's could take 2.

6. Frypan (from Mother 3), basically, hit people with a frying pan.

7. Stag Beetle (another mother 3 item), throw it on an enemy, they run around uncontrollably for a set time.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
ok:

*1 stylus ( I cannot find the post of the guy that posted it here so...): after you pick it u you point the wii at the screen and you have to draw a circle to trap characters (if you are using the Classic controler or the NGC controler you just move with the pad and draw the circle with the C stick)

mmmm wow my upcomig ideas are so good that I decided not to mention them

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
1. AT: Brock; Pok'emon, Calls on Onix to burrow underground and burst out into the nearest enemy.

2. Potion; Pok'emon, heals 20%

3. AT: Pink Bob-omb(forgot real name for them, Mario 64 ), create a hole in the ground that allows anyone to jump in and then be launched out of a canon in whatever direction they want.

4. AT: Chunky Kong; Donkey Kong 64, pulls out his triangle and plays it sofly, yet somehow causing huge shockwaves.

5. The original Pistol from SSB64, that thing was gangsta

6. Flying Hat; Mario 64, similar to metal box, but gives all characters gliding ability and little captain America wings on their head
http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/marioflying1.jpg[/IMG

stupid pics not working correctly

Top Bottom