• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

your top 5 updates:

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
what in your opinion, were the best 5 updates (in order) smashbros.com has recieved?

here's my thoughts:
1. 4 kinds of control
2. Names
3. Pikachu: Final Smash
4. Metroid: Boss Fight
5. Zelda

the first 2 are obvious.
Pikachu's final Smash? I love the little rat b@st@rd... him and Dr. Mario.
that Metroid music was just too cool. it gave me an impression of a rocked out Brinstar depths.
as for Zelda? heck, even if it was Yoshi, it'd still be improtant to me. any news of a character returning is good news in my eyes.
(to stray off topic a little...)
now, for newcomers, that's a different story. some I would greatly welcome.
others, I'd hack and make them sandbags. *cough* GENO! SONIC! MEGAMAN! *cough*
(back on topic...)

re-hash time: what do you think were the 5 best updates?
don't worry, we all know that everyone is going to have "You must recover" as their #1, so you don't even have to put it up there, just start with your #2.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
4 kinds of control. duhh
names because they hinted the starting roster was already complete.
lylat cruise. i like new stages
gooey bomb perfect for 4 way brawls
banana peel comedic releif.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't know what you guys are talking about...the two game modes updates were the worst, IMO. Seriously.

Personally, I like updates that have something a little more tangible like characters, stages, or even music clips.

Four kinds of control?: I don't care because I knew we could use a GC controller, and I planned on using that. Names?: It's interesting that we can have our own configurations, but again, I'll be using the GC controller and standard button configs. So, while interesting, definitely not the best...

EDIT: oh yeah...top 5, right: 1) Ridley Music 2) Lylat Cruise 3) Delfino Plaza 4) Zelda 5) Samus

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
1. Four Kinds of Controls (Good info)
2. Names (Good info)
3. Zelda (New Returning Character)
4. Delfino Plasa (New Stage that seems pretty interesting)
5. The Musicians (Musicians confirmed from games that have characters that haven't been confirmed yet, but seem possible)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wow I have so many favourites to choose from..
Hmm, I may change this later or something, not with new updates but with old ones...but
1. 4kinds of control.
2. OOT medley. (1:07 = headbanging.)
3. Delfino Plaza (I think it's amazing that you get to fight all over town. It's like...2-4 stages in one.)
4. Names.
5. Pit (It'd be Metaknight but Sakurai hasn't written anything about him on the dojo. -I think he's going to be the first character I use just because I think he's so unique with the bow and the 2 swords thing. His Up-B looks amazing too.)

7-up

Smash Cadet
1) Crates returning - this game would not be the same without crates
2) Bannana Peel - I friggin love banannas lulz
3) Crates returning - Confirmed snakes stealth mode
4) One of the lame music updates - Beacause who doesn't love jammin out to SSBB toons? \../(-.-)\../
5) Majikarps Final Smash confirmed - Super omega wtf hax splash attack

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
1. Four Kinds of Control - Reassured me that my GC controllers won't be useless.
2. Names - I'm sorry, but this update was just f*cking awesome!
3. Zelda - New returning character is always good.
4. Delfino Plaza - Cool new stage that we hadn't seen before.
5. Pit's B Moves - The first taste we got of a newcomer's moves.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
1. 4 kinds of control...It is no doubt the best update, considering everything else is useless.
2. Names...We know quite a bit more now if you look at some hints...
3. Lylat Cruise...Love the setup and The view
4. Delfino Plaza...Love all new levels that aren't Icicle Mountain!
5. You must recover...I'm not kidding...I have my reasons.
Namely it is because Mario's jump hieght seems to have increased quite a bit, and I like that more than moves, music, or items... Although the banana did come quite close...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
1. 4 kinds of control
2. Names (I love actually seeing menus)
3. OoT Meledy
4. Delfino Plaza
5. Musicians

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
1. Samus – Not exactly the info, I already knew she was in the game. Her armor’s just so sexy now.
2. Lylat Cruise – The detail in this stage is AMAZING, in my opinion. Plus, I like space/sci-fi related **** (Falco’s my main), guess I’m a nerd.
3. Moving and Shooting – I’m probably one of the few who liked this one. I’m a big Metal Slug fan, so I guess that’s why this excited me.
4. Yoshi’s Island – Love the stage updates. Another beautiful stage, even if it looks like a four-year-old drew the background.
5. Crates and Barrels – C’mon, even if it kinda was a waste of an update, it still had some pretty cool info. Plus, the screenshots were good. Sci-fi crates/barrels for the win!

Yep, those are my top five. Battlefield and Link’s Final Smash are my sixth and seventh. Everything else is equally cool/crappy to me. Fox Special Moves was okay, only because of the screenshots. And Pikachu’s Final Smash sounds better than it looks. The juiced-up Pikachu looks like something out of Pokemon Stadium 2, and is that attack based off BOLT Tackle? I don’t play Pokemon, but I saw an episode of the anime one day (don’t ask me what I was doing watching Pokemon), and Brock called an attack Pikachu did “Bolt Tackle.” Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Forgot about Pit and his moves.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I don't know what you guys are talking about...the two game modes updates were the worst, IMO. Seriously.
I agree. It was stated earlier that we could use a Gamecube controller, and naturally the classic controller should be able to be used as well.

1) Zelda (returning character with updated look)
2) Delfino Plaza (very cool stage with detailed design)
3) Lylat Cruise (only because it doesn't rotate)
4) "You must recover" (Mario's up+B seems to have gotten better)
5) Groudon

Ethan

Smash Cadet
In no particular order...

1) Four kinds of control.
2) Zelda.
3) Pit/Pit's special moves.
4) OoT Medley
5) Link's final smash.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
1. Metroid Boss Battle Music
2. 4 Kinds of Control
3. Lylat Cruise
4. Names
5. Wario, only for the pic where he seems to be devouring Kirby.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
4 controls
names
zelda
pit moves
normal samus

dont care about items or stages that much, especially when we only look at it, cus looking at those things means nothing really.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
guys, the names update was awesome. they said that there is button configuration. BUTTON CONFIGURATION. any controls that were annoying you before? you can remove them, or do crazy things like have the control stick attack.

tappy

Smash Ace
here's mine, but these are the ones that i've enjoyed the most.

• Four Kinds of Control
  • Zelda
  • Link's Final Smash
  • Loz: Ocarina of Time Medley
  • Final Smash

Top Bottom