• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on Big Blue?

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman

Zevox

Smash Lord
What's this? No items, Fox only, Final Destination!:laugh:
I'd suggest you stop making sweeping generalizations like that. They're rarely, if ever, true. For myself, for instance, though I don't like playing on Big Blue (and the other three I listed in the quote you made), I do like the vast majority of Brawl's stages, including many that you'll never see in a tournament, such as Hyrule Temple, Mushroomy Kingdom, and 75m. Hell, Hyrule Temple was my favorite stage in Melee, and isn't far from such in Brawl; and I'm not fond of Final Destination either (too dull).

Zevox

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest you stop making sweeping generalizations like that. They're rarely, if ever, true. For myself, for instance, though I don't like playing on Big Blue (and the other three I listed in the quote you made), I do like the vast majority of Brawl's stages, including many that you'll never see in a tournament, such as Hyrule Temple, Mushroomy Kingdom, and 75m. Hell, Hyrule Temple was my favorite stage in Melee, and isn't far from such in Brawl; and I'm not fond of Final Destination either (too dull).

Zevox
Dude, I was kidding.:laugh: I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, it was too funny. I know hardly anyone plays like that and I didn't think you did either.:) I don't like mushroomy kingdom or 75m myself.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
i hate how there are so many ways to die, but, they should have kept Mute City instead of Big Blue, it is so much better, but then again, We got Port Town Aero Dive, which i almost like as much as Mute City!

Xona

Smash Apprentice
I don't even think it should be banned, this stage was by far the most controversal definitely banned stage in Melee and it still has a ton of controversy in Brawl. No character can't be beaten, the track actually saves you if you use it right. I only lose stocks there when either:

A.) I mess up big, forget to tech, land an extremely laggy arial on the track, ect.

Or B.) My opponent plays better than me.

In both cases: I deserve it. This stage only "unfairly" decides scrub-vs-scrub matches.

Rumble Falls also has this level of controversy, but back on topic. Big Blue's "randomness" can be reacted to unlike wario ware's and all you have to do is jump off the track in time, even Bowser can do this effectively (actually, this is a good Bowser stage). There is no way this stage is worse than "tripping", or the rock paper scissors used to determine controller ports and who gets the advantage at stage-striking (only with an even number of stages). It's definitely not worse than the (this is nothing against either game) random stage system used in most Melee tourneys and some Brawl tourneys to select first stage . (I think stage-striking should be used in both games)

I think that Big Blue shouldn't be banned, and neither should Rumble Falls, Port Town, Icicle Mountain (that's only in Melee, it isn't in Brawl) or maybe even Spear Pillar (the hazards may fix the loop). These stages are the main reason I decided to start the banned stages tournament (which the links to the rulesets in progress are in my signiature). I really think it's a good competitive stage.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I like it. Playing around on it is a lot of fun and pushing people off to there doom is awesome (surviving is even cooler).

In melee if you had pokeballs on, seeing one of the legendary birds come out but go flying off was halarious.

Overall i like the stage when Im messing around.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
The music, I like. The stage itself, I still find annoying. Falling off onto the road and getting run over by an F-Zero racer tends to put a damper on my spirit.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
The stage is fun but also a challenge as well. It's annoying when you fall down on the road and when trying to get up you get ko'd.

Top Bottom