• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Stance on "Stamina KOs"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you made the game K.O.-oriented, it'd definitely make the game extremely different. However, there is one way to implement it and still keeping it as Smash.

A while back, I played a game called Chu's Dynasty that is influenced by Street Fighter and Smash Bros. The characters are K.O.d via health bars, but what is interesting is that you can get knocked off the stage. If you get knocked off, you lose a chunk of your health. In one way, this is no different than the lives of Smash. Of course, the main thing with Smash is that more damage = more knockback. So, I'm not sure how much would be changed.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
If you made the game K.O.-oriented, it'd definitely make the game extremely different. However, there is one way to implement it and still keeping it as Smash.

A while back, I played a game called Chu's Dynasty that is influenced by Street Fighter and Smash Bros. The characters are K.O.d via health bars, but what is interesting is that you can get knocked off the stage. If you get knocked off, you lose a chunk of your health. In one way, this is no different than the lives of Smash. Of course, the main thing with Smash is that more damage = more knockback. So, I'm not sure how much would be changed.
That's definitely an interesting concept. I wouldn't mind that way of playing at all.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you've ever played Digimon Rumble Arena 2, it plays pretty much like that but with smaller health bars, instant KO from ring outs and 5 lives each. Everyone I know refers to it as "smash with health bars".

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smashup. It's even made by the team that made Brawl.

Top Bottom