• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Rosalina's favorite omega stage.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hi guys.
Some of you probably already noticed how much I'm interested in what my fellow Rosalina players think about the omega stages. There's quite some differences in them even though they appear quite similar. So my question is; what is your favorite Rosalina & Luma stage?
For me personally, I'm leaning towards earthbound's omega form, this because the scenery seems quite calm, I love the edges were I can barely mess up my recovery and the ceiling seems quite low.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Palutena's Omega.

It's got nice scenery, it's bright, and the music is much nicer than the standard FD. If I'm in a tournament, I'll ask nicely for this FD over the standard every time.

JaggedToaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1736-1557
I agree on Palutena's. I also like Onett. Also bright. Flat side walls make for easier recovery.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Mario Galaxy is nice for obvious reasons. I really like boxing ring a palutena's temple. Basically any omega that isn't lylat is good.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I know this might fall under the category of unreasonable Johns, but I'm really not a fan of any stage with grass, especially the ones with it only covering a portion of the stage. When you do a lot of pivoting, you really feel the effects.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
You mean perfect pivoting? But Rosalina doesn't really benefit from it all too much right?
Nah, old school. Normal pivots for spacing and many pivot tilts and smashes after dashing backwards out of range of an attack. I've got a pretty good example from a recent tourney that I'll post when it comes up.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The only differences between omegas are appearance/music (irrelevant), under the stage shape, and grass vs not grass. I don't think terrain is that important to Rosalina, and while some might like stages that let you "ride" them with your recovery, I feel this isn't actually important to a strong Rosalina. Therefore, my vote goes to Omega Halberd. Omega Halberd has, as far as I can tell, the thinnest terrain near the ledges extending as far back as possible. This lets Rosalina uair through as much of the stage as possible which is a nice little trick to harass people trying to ledge trap you. Omega Halberd is a variation of an otherwise legal stage and is IMO one of the less visually impressive omegas so people might not like that, but if you really want to pick an FD variant and are in it to win, I think it's the best choice.

That being said, I would probably never actually pick an omega in tournament even if they were allowed locally (our local events only allow default FD if you want that). I see FD as a stage Rosalina should typically avoid and certainly not spend her counterpick on.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
As long as you can perform anything aout of a foxtrot it'll be enpugh useful to be learned, though some might prefer just use the short skid animation of a foxtrot to act out of it, but foxtrots as well are shorter with more traction, though they are faster, at least if I recall correctly. The ability to shark is surely a thing to keep in mind when going for a counterpick, though it's true that several stage are more useful for Rosalina, such as Battlefield, that as well allows easy sharking.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
The only differences between omegas are appearance/music (irrelevant), under the stage shape, and grass vs not grass. I don't think terrain is that important to Rosalina, and while some might like stages that let you "ride" them with your recovery, I feel this isn't actually important to a strong Rosalina. Therefore, my vote goes to Omega Halberd. Omega Halberd has, as far as I can tell, the thinnest terrain near the ledges extending as far back as possible. This lets Rosalina uair through as much of the stage as possible which is a nice little trick to harass people trying to ledge trap you. Omega Halberd is a variation of an otherwise legal stage and is IMO one of the less visually impressive omegas so people might not like that, but if you really want to pick an FD variant and are in it to win, I think it's the best choice.

That being said, I would probably never actually pick an omega in tournament even if they were allowed locally (our local events only allow default FD if you want that). I see FD as a stage Rosalina should typically avoid and certainly not spend her counterpick on.
So there's no difference in blastzones at the sides or top?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides Mario Galaxy, it would have to be Skyloft, Colosseum and Castle Siege omegas.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario Galaxy - Beautiful scenery and music, Rosalina looks heavenly against the lighting in the stage, and it has Rosalina's own theme song, which is great to kick *** to as it makes thing seem effortless due to how playful the Smash Bros version of the song sounds. Also, the upside down dome shape unique to this stage feels built for Launch Star.

Palutena's Temple - Pretty stage, and an amazing soundtrack selection. Also, it feels a bit more spacious than other Omegas to me for some reason? Probably me going crazy, but it draws me to the stage regardless.

Gaur Plain - The valedictory elegy (though all of the Xenoblade music is also great)

Windy Hill Zone - Really love Windy Hill, and in case my name sake doesn't give it away, I love Sonic and of course, love Sonic music.

Wily Castle - Music. The background is nice, but mainly I like the music.

Halberd - Same reasons as @ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos described. I also like the music tracks.

Also normal FD is pretty rad with the scenery and the music too.

Top Bottom